Tampa Bay: Martin St.Louis
Toronto: Dave Keon
Vancouver: Henrik Sedin
Washington: Alexander Ovechkin
Winnipeg: Ilya Kovalchuk

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
all true , but if i'm the the devil's advocate , i can say the same with Sakic who only played 7 seasons in Québec. They were great seasons but Joe reached his peak in Denver, not Québec.

Maybe it's a case where we'll need two players , since we are including two teams.

I mean if they want to separate it to two different teams, which is dumb since it's the same franchise that just relocated, then I'd say Stastny for Quebec and Sakic for sure in Colorado. But really since it's all one franchise I'm going say Sakic is the franchise's best player.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
It's one franchise though. One spent 20 years there, the other spent 10. I don't see how Sakic playing only 7 years in Quebec and 13 for Colorado is relevant or similar to Stastny playing elsewhere.

Edit: just re-read the initial post. I originally thought you meant that if we're including Quebec years as part of the franchise, it should be Stastny, but sounds more now like you meant if we're looking at both separately. I don't think the OP putting Quebec though was suggesting Sakic is the best for both just that he's the best for the combined franchise, which I don't see much of an argument against. If they're split up then it's definitely Stastny for Quebec, I agree

Correct I think Sakic was the best for the combined franchise.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Anh Selanne
Ari/Win Hawerchuk
Bos Orr
Buf Hasek
CAL Iginla
CAR/HFD Francis
CHI Hull
COL/QUE Roy
CBJ Bobrovsky
DAL Modano
DET Howe
EDM Gretzky
FLA Bure
LA Gretzky
MON Richard
MIN Gaborik
NAS Rinne
NJ Stevens
NYI Bossy
NYR Lundqvist
OTT Benedict
PIT Lemieux
PHI Parent
SJ Thornton
STL Hull
TB St.Louis
TOR Broda
VAN Bure
WAS Ovechkin
WIN/ATL Kovalchuk

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Did I miss some rule or stipulation that a player needed to play a minimum amount with a team, because Gretzky played for four different teams and I see a lot of Hull and Leetch for NYR/StL

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Did I miss some rule or stipulation that a player needed to play a minimum amount with a team, because Gretzky played for four different teams and I see a lot of Hull and Leetch for NYR/StL

There are no min games requirements but Gretzky wasn't the franchise best player all time when he was wearing STL/NYR Jersey. A players performance for another franchise doesn't count. Hull had three 70 plus goals season vs Gretzky 21 points in 18 games. Leetch had 2 Norris trophy and Smythe which is better than Gretzky 97 and 90 points season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

If we're talking about a franchise's best player, conventional wisdom suggests that we only take into account their play for that franchise. Leetch and Hull were better players for the Rangers and Blues respectively than Gretzky was

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Karlsson should be over Alfie and Nash should be over Bob imo

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
I have such a hard time with Perreault over Hasek - I've seen more game with Gilbert than I did with Hasek and it might be a sentimental thing with Gilbert, but he really was one hell of a player.

Hasek just has so many ridiculous honors and 2 Cup wins, so it has to be him.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I have such a hard time with Perreault over Hasek - I've seen more game with Gilbert than I did with Hasek and it might be a sentimental thing with Gilbert, but he really was one hell of a player.

That Buffalo team from the 90s is one of my all-time favorites, and a lot because of Hasek.

Hasek's first cup, he got. His second one, remember that Osgood was actually in net. Either way, his name is on there twice. Just wondered if anyone else remembered the details.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I don't see why this matters since neither was with Buffalo. Should still be Hasek though.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Tell me who the best player in franchise history for every team?

Anh Selanne
Ari/Win Hawerchuk
Bos Orr
Buf Hasek
Cal Macinnis
Car/Har Francis
Chi Hull
Col/Que Sakic
CBJ Bobrovsky
Dal Modano
Det Howe
Edm Gretzky
Flo Bure
LA Gretzky
Mon Richard
Min koivu
Nas Weber
NJ Brodeur
NYI Bossy
NYR Leetch
Ottawa Alfredson
Pits Lemieux
Philly Clarke
SJ Thornton
Stl Hull
Tampa St.Louis
Tor I dont know
Van Bure
Wash Ovechkin
Win/Atl Kovelchuk

Agreed on all except:
Calgary--Iginla
CBJ--Nash
Minny--Gaborik
NYI--Trottier
Ottawa--Karlsson
Toronto--Keon

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Anaheim- Teemu Selanne
Arizona- Dale Hawerchuk
Boston- Bobby Orr
Buffalo- Dominik Hasek
Calgary- Jarome Iginla
Carolina- Ron Francis
Chicago- Bobby Hull
Colorado- Joe Sakic
Columbus- Rick Nash
Dallas- Mike Modano
Detroit- Gordie Howe
Edmonton- Wayne Gretzky
Florida- John Vanbiesbrouck
Los Angeles- Marcel Dionne
Minnesota- Marian Gaborik
Montreal- Doug Harvey
Nashville- Shea Weber
New Jersey- Martin Brodeur
New York Islanders- Denis Potvin
New York Rangers- Bill Cook
Ottawa- Daniel Alfredsson
Philadelphia- Bobby Clarke
Pittsburgh- Mario Lemieux
San Jose- Joe Thornton
St.Louis- Brett Hull
Tampa Bay- Martin St.Louis
Toronto- Syl Apps
Vancouver- Pavel Bure
Washington- Alex Ovechkin
Winnipeg- Ilya Kovalchuk

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
As much as I love Teemu, and believe me, I do, I'd have to say it's Getzlaf.
Teemu was more exciting, skill beyond measure.
But Getzlaf has almost caught him in many categories in a lower scoring era, and he is a more complete all around player.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
As much as I love Teemu, and believe me, I do, I'd have to say it's Getzlaf.
Teemu was more exciting, skill beyond measure.
But Getzlaf has almost caught him in many categories in a lower scoring era, and he is a more complete all around player.

2 of Teemu best years 1998 GP 73 G 52 34 A 86 P and 1999 GP 75 G 47 A 60 107 P came in a lower scoring era. His 1997 season of 51 G 58 A 109 P is a similar era in 2007 to 2010 in terms of goal scoring. It is really close but I picked Temmu. Very hard to ignore those numbers. Once it's all said and done. Getzlaf has good chance to get ahead of Teemu.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Hasek is the greatest goalie of all time. Perreault is a top 30 center. Anyone picking him over Hasek is just trying to be cute.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
I don't understand why everyone picks these original six to small expansion guys for the leafs. Sundin scored a vast majority of his points in the dead puck Era was always the best on his team when he played and had to do it in a bigger league.

I can understand some points but really to me it's TOR - Sundin. Literally no one ever picks him in these polls and it makes me sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad