GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Heh heh... Seriously? He said that? I guess that doesn't apply to all centers. The last time Scheifele was deep in his zone was when he tried to take Evans' head off. :laugh:
If Perfetti puts up a couple of PPG seasons, then he's earned the right to float around the blueline in the D zone too lol

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Please list the number of veteran, contending teams that bring a non superstar center in as a rookie on the second line.

Its not how 'this org' deals with young players. It's how pretty much any successful NHL team deals with rookies.
Maybe not centres but Dallas has been pretty successful lately and doesn't seem to have a problem giving their young forwards some leash.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach on day 8:

Topics:

1) Updates on Logan Stanley, Dylan Samberg & Ville Heinola?
2) Suddenly left side of D has openings (1:14)
3) Any idea on timeline for Ville Heinola? (1:52)
4) Anything to be read from Brad Lambert being in second group? (2:18)
5) Seeing what Brad Lambert can do against NHL players (3:07)
6) Cole Perfetti standing out today doing drills (3:47)
7) What was his message to Connor Hellebuyck over the summer? (4:42)
8) Mindset of a number one goalie (6:12)
9) Biggest takeaways from first week of camp (7:05)
10) What's stood out about Colin Miller? (7:50)
11) What's he liked about Dylan Coghlan & Haydn Fleury? (8:54)
12) Brad Lambert's ability to handle NHL physicality this year? (9:30)
13) The progression he's seen in Neal Pionk (10:23)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ouch. So looks like the two guys pegged to compete for that last d slot are going to start on the IR unless Logan's testing comes up good.

Who's the front runner now?
I’d guess Fleury. That’s why they signed him to be their LHD depth. He is probably better than Stanley as is.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe not centres but Dallas has been pretty successful lately and doesn't seem to have a problem giving their young forwards some leash.
If only we could've hired the Dallas coach who helped forwards like Robertson or Hintz break into the NHL. Shucks!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Fleury was signed mainly for Moose. But he also provides a depth we didn't have on that side. Lucky that we have him now.

If it's closer to the minimum Ville won't actually miss too much time. Depending on the Stanly diagnosis it could put him back in the driver's seat for that spot.

Not day to day, but week to week, or even month to month. We all know how day to day works. :laugh:

I won't count on either of them at least until they are skating with the boys in a no contact jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Coach on day 8:

Topics:

1) Updates on Logan Stanley, Dylan Samberg & Ville Heinola?
2) Suddenly left side of D has openings (1:14)
3) Any idea on timeline for Ville Heinola? (1:52)
4) Anything to be read from Brad Lambert being in second group? (2:18)
5) Seeing what Brad Lambert can do against NHL players (3:07)
6) Cole Perfetti standing out today doing drills (3:47)
7) What was his message to Connor Hellebuyck over the summer? (4:42)
8) Mindset of a number one goalie (6:12)
9) Biggest takeaways from first week of camp (7:05)
10) What's stood out about Colin Miller? (7:50)
11) What's he liked about Dylan Coghlan & Haydn Fleury? (8:54)
12) Brad Lambert's ability to handle NHL physicality this year? (9:30)
13) The progression he's seen in Neal Pionk (10:23)

I'm quite happy to see they are putting a lot of effort into speeding their play up out of their end and through the nz. One of things I've thought they have needed to work on so glad to see they have identified it as an area for improvement.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Fleury was signed mainly for Moose. But he also provides a depth we didn't have on that side. Lucky that we have him now.

Not day to day, but week to week, or even month to month. We all know how dat to day works. :laugh:

I won't count on either of them at least until they are skating with the boys in a no contact jersey.
Who says Fleury was signed for the Moose? He has been mostly a 6/7 in the NHL with very little time in the AHL. I think he saw a team with a weak left side after the top 2 players and took his chance he could carve out a role.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Who says Fleury was signed for the Moose? He has been mostly a 6/7 in the NHL with very little time in the AHL. I think he saw a team with a weak left side after the top 2 players and took his chance he could carve out a role.
I'd say it was a chance to stay in the NHL. I would have had him #8 on the depth chart to start. But he signed before Stan, Heinola or Lundmark re-signed.

And who knows maybe the guys like JAD, Fleury, Shaw wanted to play in Canada, being Canadian. Western Canadians at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad