GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Heinola was injured and Lambert didn’t outplay Namestnikov. Opportunity does not equal gift.

Yup, they gave Lambert a legit chance and he hasn't played well enough. It's hardly the end of the world though. KC failed to make the team out of camp in 2017, but grabbed a spot a couple weeks later during an injury.

I expect Lambert to figure into the team this year even if he doesn't make it out of camp.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Yup, they gave Lambert a legit chance and he hasn't played well enough. It's hardly the end of the world though. KC failed to make the team out of camp in 2017, but grabbed a spot a couple weeks later during an injury.

I expect Lambert to figure into the team this year even if he doesn't make it out of camp.
I think Lambert has shown enough that he gets the call if there's an injury in the top 6

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
In the summer, Arniel said specifically that he likes him on the wing

So no
Arniel also discussed it earlier in camp. He doesn’t want Perfetti to have to start deep in his zone when the team transitions like would have to as a center.

I wouldn’t call it a legit chance. We are just finishing week 1 of camp. Same old risk adverse lineup decisions we always see.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Arniel also discussed it earlier in camp. He doesn’t want Perfetti to have to start deep in his zone when the team transitions like would have to as a center.

I wouldn’t call it a legit chance. We are just finishing week 1 of camp. Same old risk adverse lineup decisions we always see.

He's apparently going to get another look between Cole and Fly tomorrow. He's gotta do something with it if he wants to stay in the mix.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He's apparently going to get another look between Cole and Fly tomorrow. He's gotta do something with it if he wants to stay in the mix.
Kinda makes you wonder what he has to do

In his post-game, arniel mentionned play away from the puck multiple times WRT Lambert

I have a feeling that what the coaching staff is looking for in terms of his NHL readiness is much different from the dazzling plays with the puck that might jump out to us fans

He could put up 5 points vs minny but still not tick the boxes arniel wants to see

That could lead to some bitching and moaning on here when he gets sent down

Reactions: Jet

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kinda makes you wonder what he has to do

In his post-game, arniel mentionned play away from the puck multiple times WRT Lambert

I have a feeling that what the coaching staff is looking for in terms of his NHL readiness is much different from the dazzling plays with the puck that might jump out to us fans

He could put up 5 points vs minny but still not tick the boxes arniel wants to see

That could lead to some bitching and moaning on here when he gets sent down

I'm not sure what the coaches are looking for, but for me it's to be more decisive with and without the puck. He's coughed it up too much due to indecision. He needs to just go out and play instinctually. But yeah imo they likely are telling him that he has to have his done down pat first, second, and third.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So third pair ld options were heinola and stanley. Both out, possibly both longer term. Who's the next up y'all think?

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Maybe a wake up call for him? Not that I agree with it but it is how this org seems to deal with young players.
Please list the number of veteran, contending teams that bring a non superstar center in as a rookie on the second line.

Its not how 'this org' deals with young players. It's how pretty much any successful NHL team deals with rookies.

Reactions: Buffdog and Jets 31

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
If there is no room in top 6 (or even 9), as a fan I would rather see the future on a 4th scoring line. Give me Lambert, Chibrikov and *someone* over Gus, Kupari and Appleton.

Is that stupid and short sighted? Maybe. But convince me that the Jets would bring up a guy like Stankoven for a playoff run before they would play someone like Toninato.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Please list the number of veteran, contending teams that bring a non superstar center in as a rookie on the second line.

Its not how 'this org' deals with young players. It's how pretty much any successful NHL team deals with rookies.

I was moreso talking about using his placement in the AHL group as a means to send the message that his camp hasnt been good enough to win a spot. It wasn't about whether they should put him at 2C or not. He hasn't earned it over Name imo even if I'm not a fan of running with him at 2C.

The org like to use the take things away to light a fire message. That was really what I was getting at.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If there is no room in top 6 (or even 9), as a fan I would rather see the future on a 4th scoring line. Give me Lambert, Chibrikov and *someone* over Gus, Kupari and Appleton.

Is that stupid and short sighted? Maybe. But convince me that the Jets would bring up a guy like Stankoven for a playoff run before they would play someone like Toninato.
What did Appleton do to some of y'all? He doesn't deserve to be in that group. He outscored both his primary linemates while costing less, with a comparable 5v5 pts/60 as Perfetti, despite a less advantageous offensive role.

And when that "kids 4th line" goes multiple games of 5-7mins, this forum will just complain. YoUrE rUiNiNg ThEM!!!

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A timeline starting with 4 weeks for Ville is WAY better than I thought. I was thinking 3 months again, or more
Yeah, if he can get up to speed for mid November that's really not too bad. I was thinking half a season and then he'd take a while to get ramped up to NHL mid season form

What did Appleton do to some of y'all? He doesn't deserve to be in that group. He outscored both his primary linemates while costing less, with a comparable 5v5 pts/60 as Perfetti, despite a less advantageous offensive role.

And when that "kids 4th line" goes multiple games of 5-7mins, this forum will just complain. YoUrE rUiNiNg ThEM!!!
Appleton is awesome, fast tenacious winger playing some of the toughest defensive minutes in the league and scoring 35+ points. Perfect third liner honestly

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What did Appleton do to some of y'all? He doesn't deserve to be in that group. He outscored both his linemates while costing less, with a comparable 5v5 pts/60 as Perfetti, despite a less advantageous offensive role.

Apples 1st AHL season numbers were much better than Chibs (although apples was a year older). There's no indication rhat Chibs will ever be better than Apples

Lets see if Chibs can put up 66 points in 76 games in his 21 year old AHL year like Apples did. Until then, pump the brakes

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad