GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Apples gets shit on a lot here but he outscored Nino and Lowry last season.
He usually plays against the other team's top left winger and is pretty good at killing penalties as well.
Also, he only makes 2.2m a year.
yup it's ridiculous.
does appleton whiff on a few opportunities - sure. so does lowry and nino, and yet they still are inferior producers to him all while making ~1-2M more.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
It really is a bit of hard luck compounding isn’t it. I am just catching up and saw the news about Ville. I feel terrible for the kid.

Yeah one of these things fine on its own but all of the stacked on top of each other is tough.

Give you the injuries. Got equal value back for Mcgroarty and Barlow is still a teenager. Don't get the hard luck regarding them.

We can say we got "equal value" but everyone knows that had McG had wanted to sign there is no way Chevy would have made that trade. That is in the past now so I don't wanna belabor it but it definitely wasn't ideal or the Jets 1st choice.

Reactions: Bigfish

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I don't know man, continuous injury issues with Ville, Lucius, McGroarty turning out to be a lemon and having to move him, Barlow not lighting the world on fire. Jets seem to be having some hard luck with their 1st rounders, if it wasn't for Lambert it wouldn't look great.
For years the Jets went without much of anything coming from their 2nd round picks. Now hopefully we can produce 3 solid players in Salomonsson, Chibrikov and Frei so maybe it all evens out.

Yeah the injuries are frustrating, but all we can do is hope for things to change for the better going forward.

I wouldn’t write Barlow off just yet and McG is at the very least a wash because we got Yager.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah one of these things fine on its own but all of the stacked on top of each other is tough.

We can say we got "equal value" but everyone knows that had McG had wanted to sign there is no way Chevy would have made that trade. That is in the past now so I don't wanna belabor it but it definitely wasn't ideal or the Jets 1st choice.

Two first round picks being derailed by injuries is tough.

I will wait to see on McG. It was a hostile take over but I like the idea of swapping out a scoring forward who doesn’t want to be here, for a centre prospect even if I have McG a touch ahead on the development curve currently. Turns out Rutgers wasn’t the guy the Jets thought he was when they drafted him so being able to exit the mess is probably a fortunate thing.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I also bet that there was zero chance Yager was available either, outside of a situation like this. He was the Pens top prospect

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What was their xGF%?
53.33. Which seems low considering they outshot their oppenents by 14 shots and outscored them 4-1.

I wouldn't mind seeing those guys, because to me the top 6 only has 2 players who can really dig out pucks, in a battle in the corners type of game, Scheif and Vilardi.

The flip side is that Perfetti-Namestnikov-Vilardi were outshot and outscored as a 2nd line, in a smaller sample.

Samberg and Pionk had a 58% xGF, which probably makes them the second pairing.

Stanley and Miller was the lowest rated pairing though, so we'll see how Arniel mitigates that.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
53.33. Which seems low considering they outshot their oppenents by 14 shots and outscored them 4-1.

I wouldn't mind seeing those guys, because to me the top 6 only has 2 players who can really dig out pucks, in a battle in the corners type of game, Scheif and Vilardi.

The flip side is that Perfetti-Namestnikov-Vilardi were outshot and outscored as a 2nd line, in a smaller sample.

Stanley and Miller was the lowest rated pairing though, so we'll see how Arniel mitigates that.

WOW! We got @voyageur on the xGoals train... what is next Sip being a kind and gentle poster towards Jets players?

• Haha
Reactions: voyageur

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Lambert has the opportunity to step up and flourish in the top 6 while Perfetti holds out, especially if it continues holds into the regular season

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I also bet that there was zero chance Yager was available either, outside of a situation like this. He was the Pens top prospect
Top prospect doesn't necessarily mean better than another team's prospect. I think it is safe to say that if a Yager for Rutger trade was proposed here with Rutger willing to resign in April both this board and Chevy turn it down without giving it a second thought.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
WOW! We got @voyageur on the xGoals train... what is next Sip being a kind and gentle poster towards Jets players?
I like statistics. I started young following stats. The name of the game is still outscoring your opponent. Expectations should start there.

Sip should always stay grizzled. He's a veteran here.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
What if Lambert steps and flourishes in the top 6 while Perfetti continues holds out into the year 👀🤔

I can't see Perfetti holding out for too long, doesn't seem like his personality. Also there will be pressure on Chevy to get it resolved quickly, the Perfetti camp has played it really well with the media and the fans and have them on their side unlike other negotiations with other players in the past. Personally I am okay overpaying Cole by 150-250k if that's what it takes. He lost his bonus due to bizarre decisions by the coach so it balances out.

Reactions: Bigfish

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Top prospect doesn't necessarily mean better than another team's prospect. I think it is safe to say that if a Yager for Rutger trade was proposed here with Rutger willing to resign in April both this board and Chevy turn it down without giving it a second thought.
I think this captures the psychological aspect on fandom pretty well haha. Just the way it is. 100% true.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I can't see Perfetti holding out for too long, doesn't seem like his personality. Also there will be pressure on Chevy to get it resolved quickly, the Perfetti camp has played it really well with the media and the fans and have them on their side unlike other negotiations with other players in the past. Personally I am okay overpaying Cole by 150-250k if that's what it takes. He lost his bonus due to bizarre decisions by the coach so it balances out.
Who knows. I don't think anyone had him unsigned by this point either. Yet here we are. I don't anticipate him missing games, but it's happened here before. there also may be a ramp up period from missing time.

Regardless, Lambert has the opportunity to show out, and maybe make a case to stick in the roster while Perfetti sits out. The coach didn't make Perfetti go goalless for 20+ games. The coach didn't bring in two top 6ers that pushed him out.

Reactions: LowLefty

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think that acquiring a natural centre prospect for a player from a position of excess would have been tempting for Chevy

I'm wondering if you've looked closely at Yager. I think you're undervalued him here. Watch where he ends up after his D+2 year and compare it to where Rutger is now

I meant in the scrimmage

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Day 3 media:

Topics:
1) Update on Haydn Fleury (he’s a new father)
2) His lineup against the Wild.
3) Opportunity for guys to make an impression.
4) Has he noticed changes to Brad Lambert’s game?
5) Lambert becoming a 2nd line centre at NHL level.
6) How have young guys responded to opportunity ahead?
7) What can Colin Miller’s shot bring to the power play?
8) What does Lambert need to do in camp to show he’s ready?
9) Guys able to play centre or wing.
10) Excitement Brayden Yager is feeling.

(note it's only audio today as I was doing IC during availabilty)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad