GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
f***ing gutted for him. When is it gonna be his year? I hope he beats this infection and they actually f***ing give him a spot on the NHL squad. I think they owe him after the last two seasons.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
So it takes training camp for a professional athlete to get diagnosed?
I’m guessing the hardware is not as secure as one would expect?
Infection is serious business.
I know after my hip replacements I had to take 2grams of antibiotics for routine dental cleanings for 2 years as a prophylactic measure to prevent infection in the replacements

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I’m guessing the hardware is not as secure as one would expect?
Infection is serious business.
I know after my hip replacements I had to take 2grams of antibiotics for routine dental cleanings for 2 years as a prophylactic measure to prevent infection in the replacements
No antibiotics for me after my replacement but the titanium rod gives me great wi fi.

• Haha
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
fleury might have a good chance to make the team now
The window for Coughlan or Lundmark to make the team also opened a little.
Wait, so Perfetti slips down to line 4?? Or 3?
Well, that send a wonderful message to him during contract negotiations.
If that’s really the case, that’s pathetic
I'd be ok if the other 2nd line was Perfetti-Lambert-Nino. Competition. The designated 2nd line is entirely a UFA line.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
It is quite possible that the screw will need to be removed from Ville's ankle. A long course of antibiotics would be expected. The hole created by the removal of the screw would take months to fill with new bone growth. The ankle would be prone to refracture until healed.

I hate this, but Yeah, this is looking long term.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
think you can make an argument for players like Stanley and Appleton as NHL caliber players (Kupari?). But the loyalty extended to those players is somewhat...foolish? Not certain that's the right word but it's unwise in that those types of players are really the "dime a dozen" of the league and not that hard to come by, or their roles aren't all that hard to replace with youth being given an opportunity.

By all accounts prior to his injury last year Heinola would have made the opening day roster. The injury was most unfortunate and significant, but he was ready to play in the latter half of the year but the org chose to seemingly not even consider it? And we brought in Miller and didn't even play him? Why not move Heinola up to the big club, get him some experience or at least some press box time and travel with the big boys. He was waiver eligible last season and you could have sent him back to the Moose at any point. Did they? Nope. If I'm Heinola I'm pretty frustrated and if I'm other young players and I'm watching that I'm not sure I want to be with the Jets from a development and opportunity prospect. Wonder where that story may have played out recently?

Not that it's worth anything but IMO the Jets need to be a little more like Vegas and a little less like Winnipeg in some matters. A little more objectivity might be useful for the team.
Apples gets shit on a lot here but he outscored Nino and Lowry last season.
He usually plays against the other team's top left winger and is pretty good at killing penalties as well.
Also, he only makes 2.2m a year.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He’s screwed
IMG_1786.JPG

Buffdog, through sheer tyranny of will, proved all analytics wrong this summer.

Can't see him ahead of Hadyn and Coghlan when cuts come.
No, I proved that there are other factors that go into decisions than spreadsheets

Some people are still too oblivious and myopic to see that tho

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
They seem to be furious at young Villie. The Jets don’t even know what they have in him yet.

I don't know man, continuous injury issues with Ville, Lucius, McGroarty turning out to be a lemon and having to move him, Barlow not lighting the world on fire. Jets seem to be having some hard luck with their 1st rounders, if it wasn't for Lambert it wouldn't look great.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Poor Heinola... ?

How about poor Jets fans...

More Stanley on the horrorizon...

View attachment 908287

:facepalm:
I still think it is possible for Stanley to become a better penalty killer than Dillon, because of the reach and size. I'm waiting to see how Chynoweth affects his defensive game.

Starting without Ville probably puts a wrinkle into the Jets PP. I would suspect that he had a good chance of running the 2nd PP, and now that goes back to Pionk, and probably changes the look a little. Ville's ability to make passes into players wheelhouse, combined with Lambert's poise from the top of the circles, had me optimistic about PP improvement, before the drop of the puck. Might have to wait it out a bit longer.
I didn't realize it was D+7 already. That's even more pathetic than I thought it was, and it was already at maximum pathetic.
He has 9 career goals, which is 5 more than David Gustafsson, from the same draft class. By the looks of the line he is starting on, he might be the frontrunner for the 4C position to start the season, with AJF likely a placeholder for Iafallo. I think skating wise he can bring speed to the middle of the ice, which might be a nice chance of pace...If he can get back to being good on the draw, and killing penalties, there is a role for him here. Maybe even PK1, because it protects Big Adam Lowry from taking weak side draws, which are not his strength.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Perfetti signs for $6 million AAV in a 5/6 year deal. And if that is the number the Jets cap space will be just around $1.36 million at 22 players. If Heinola starts the year on IR, instead of LTIR, you can see why the Jets want to carry 22 players, because Heinola counting against the Cap injured, instead of being banked on against accrued Cap space, would leave the team with only emergency callup options if a player goes down short term, since the team doesn't have the Cap space to replace them.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I still think it is possible for Stanley to become a better penalty killer than Dillon, because of the reach and size. I'm waiting to see how Chynoweth affects his defensive game.

Starting without Ville probably puts a wrinkle into the Jets PP. I would suspect that he had a good chance of running the 2nd PP, and now that goes back to Pionk, and probably changes the look a little. Ville's ability to make passes into players wheelhouse, combined with Lambert's poise from the top of the circles, had me optimistic about PP improvement, before the drop of the puck. Might have to wait it out a bit longer.

He has 9 career goals, which is 5 more than David Gustafsson, from the same draft class. By the looks of the line he is starting on, he might be the frontrunner for the 4C position to start the season, with AJF likely a placeholder for Iafallo. I think skating wise he can bring speed to the middle of the ice, which might be a nice chance of pace...If he can get back to being good on the draw, and killing penalties, there is a role for him here. Maybe even PK1, because it protects Big Adam Lowry from taking weak side draws, which are not his strength.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Perfetti signs for $6 million AAV in a 5/6 year deal. And if that is the number the Jets cap space will be just around $1.36 million at 22 players. If Heinola starts the year on IR, instead of LTIR, you can see why the Jets want to carry 22 players, because Heinola counting against the Cap injured, instead of being banked on against accrued Cap space, would leave the team with only emergency callup options if a player goes down short term, since the team doesn't have the Cap space to replace them.

Kupari managed 1 pt last year. 1 assist. Gus had 7.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't know man, continuous injury issues with Ville, Lucius, McGroarty turning out to be a lemon and having to move him, Barlow not lighting the world on fire. Jets seem to be having some hard luck with their 1st rounders, if it wasn't for Lambert it wouldn't look great.

It really is a bit of hard luck compounding isn’t it. I am just catching up and saw the news about Ville. I feel terrible for the kid.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Give you the injuries. Got equal value back for Mcgroarty and Barlow is still a teenager. Don't get the hard luck regarding them.

Reactions: KingBogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad