GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Same old , same old -
I just listened to Chevy's presser and he mentions how the young guys need to earn the opportunities - top 6 opp's were even mentioned.
Throwing them out there with a collection of guys that are not on the radar this year doesn't get that done IMO.
If they are seriously considering him in a role in the top 6, play him with top 6 players.

Agreed. As I said he'd have to play so well that he bumper Name out. That is likely going to be the case. If he lights it up with kids he'll get an audition but they plan on giving Name first shot.

Reactions: LowLefty

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Agreed.

I wonder as an option if Lambert continues to look good is putting Names on the wing with Nino and Lowry. We know that line gets minutes closer to a "2nd line", and harder ones at that. Names might possibly offer a little more offensive punch than Appleton as well (although numbers look close).

Then maybe you could have an Ehlers - Lambert - Perfetti third line (or second scoring line, however you want to call it).

Nino could be an option to move as well, he and Lowry are the two "snarliest"(??) Forwards in the top 9, might help spread that out a bit.

I hope Arniel's up to mix it up.

I like seeing and hearing the things about Chibrikov. Might be tough for him this year just from a numbers perspective, but I just like seeing and hearing about his feistiness.

I think he's a prime candidate for next year when some of the forwards are gone. Iafallo, Appleton, Ehlers might be gone so someone moves up etc.

He's a shit disturber for sure.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nino could be an option to move as well, he and Lowry are the two "snarliest"(??) Forwards in the top 9, might help spread that out a bit.

I think he's a prime candidate for next year when some of the forwards are gone. Iafallo, Appleton, Ehlers might be gone so someone moves up etc.

Yeah my guess is Chibrikov is penciled for next year's opening roster. He needs to work on his d game and consistency this year but he should be ready next year. Same with Lambert.

My guess is this is the last year they really go for it before a mini youth movement.

Reactions: jamiebez

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Don't think Lowry wants Nino off his line

I agree with you next year there will be far more opportunities for the youngsters in the fwd group. Add Namestnikov to your list too.

Reactions: MardyBum

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
So lines 1-3 locked in, got it :thumbu: Only surprise is who would take Perfetti's spot & it seems to be Iafallo.

More interested in seeing who they go with as a 4th line.

Would not be at all shocked to see either of these at some point.

Barron-AJF-Kupari
Shaw-Gustafsson-Anderson-Dolan

I think we've all assumed they wouldn't expose either of Kupari and/or Gustafsson to waivers, but it feels crowded to me for those 13th / 14th forwards spots.

edit: just saw the above post from Mike McIntyre. 13 forwards means even more competition!

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
So lines 1-3 locked in, got it :thumbu: Only surprise is who would take Perfetti's spot & it seems to be Iafallo.

More interested in seeing who they go with as a 4th line.

Would not be at all shocked to see either of these at some point.

Barron-AJF-Kupari
Shaw-Gustafsson-Anderson-Dolan

I think we've all assumed they wouldn't expose either of Kupari and/or Gustafsson to waivers, but it feels crowded to me for those 13th / 14th forwards spots.

edit: just saw the above post from Mike McIntyre. 13 forwards means even more competition!
lines are not locked in

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
lines are not locked in
Never too early to jump to a conclusion! :sarcasm:

But seriously, assuming Perfetti signs and no one is injured, seems tough to see Lambert getting a shot at all if they won't carry 14 forwards.

My hunch is they'd be willing to lose Anderson-Dolan, Shaw, or AJF to waivers, but probably not Gus or Kupari. Doesn't leave much room if that assumption is correct.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The panic button is off to a strong start this year.

Things we have learned from camp so far
- the perfetti situation is all bones fault
- scheifele hates ehlers
- lambert is being blocked and will demand a trade
- don cherry is the Jets analytics guy

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Starting with 13F means anyone who is waiver eligible is going down to the Moose, plus at least one or two who might not squeak through

Schief
Vilardi
Connor
Ehlers
Names
Perfetti
Nino
Lowry
Appleton
Iafallo
Barron
Gus
Kupari

As for the 7 D... a little more interesting

Jomo
Demelo
Snerg
Pionk
Heinola
Miller

Stanley?
Fleury?
Coghlan?
Lundmark?

The 4 question marks all need waivers and only one would stick around. Three guesses on who is gonna be....

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Starting with 13F means anyone who is waiver eligible is going down to the Moose, plus at least one or two who might not squeak through

Schief
Vilardi
Connor
Ehlers
Names
Perfetti
Nino
Lowry
Appleton
Iafallo
Barron
Gus
Kupari

Jomo
Demelo
Snerg
Pionk
Heinola
Miller

Stanley?
Fleury?
Coghlan?
Lundmark?

The 4 question marks all need waivers and only one would stick around. Three guesses on who is gonna be....

Yup, contracts play a much larger part in roster makeup then people think.

Very interesting about the defense now. Also makes you wonder why he intends on a slimmed roster. Is Chevy going to need the extra $800k for something? I guess If Cole signs for 8 years he may need to go with 22, but I'd say they should have cap space for 23.

Reactions: Buffdog

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I was hoping they would slide him into a top 6 role - see how Lambert plays with top 6 players.
That may still happen but I don't really understand how they can get a sense of how these guys will fit unless they plug them into those roles.
I agree. How do you know how a player with a certain skill set will perform unless you set them up to use that skill set?

Reactions: LowLefty

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006

Schief
Vilardi
Connor
Ehlers
Names
Perfetti
Nino
Lowry
Appleton
Iafallo
Barron
Gus
Kupari

Jomo
Demelo
Snerg
Pionk
Heinola
Miller

Stanley?
Fleury?
Coghlan?
Lundmark?

IMG_4025.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Schief
Vilardi
Connor
Ehlers
Names
Perfetti
Nino
Lowry
Appleton
Iafallo
Barron
Gus
Kupari

Jomo
Demelo
Snerg
Pionk
Heinola
Miller

Stanley?
Fleury?
Coghlan?
Lundmark?

The organization shouldn’t bat an eye at waiving Kupari. He is over paid at $1M and no team will pick up as there plenty of players better on league minimums.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The organization shouldn’t bat an eye at waiving Kupari. He is over paid at $1M and no team will pick up as there plenty of players better on league minimums.
I'd like to see more of him

He gives me James Wright vibes, but with a better toolbox. He's never been a prolific scorer at any level but IIRC Chevy was very high on him and wanted him included in the PLD deal

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Schief
Vilardi
Connor
Ehlers
Names
Perfetti
Nino
Lowry
Appleton
Iafallo
Barron
Gus
Kupari

Jomo
Demelo
Snerg
Pionk
Heinola
Miller

Stanley?
Fleury?
Coghlan?
Lundmark?

I still see Stan as part of the 6 - if not, he's 7
I can also see Ville/Stan platooning based on the opposition - we have a very small D group now and there will be nights we will want to add some size.
Actually I'm just teeing this up for the "Can't teach 6 7" crew - :D

I'd like to see more of him

He gives me James Wright vibes, but with a better toolbox. He's never been a prolific scorer at any level but IIRC Chevy was very high on him and wanted him included in the PLD deal
IMO, he has a motor but no tool box

Loved Arniel's comments on "compete" - hope it sinks in and he holds them to it

Reactions: Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I still see Stan as part of the 6 - if not, he's 7
I can also see Ville/Stan platooning based on the opposition - we have a very small D group now and there will be nights we will want to add some size.
Actually I'm just teeing this up for the "Can't teach 6 7" crew - :D

IMO, he has a motor but no tool box

Yeah I don't see Stanley going anywhere with how he finished the year. I'd also imagine they'd be going with their homegrown guy Ville then one of the fringe depth they signed but we shall see.

Reactions: hn777 and LowLefty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad