Speculation: All Things Senators Jerseys (No trade talk allowed).

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 10, 2010
I don’t think they’ll ever create a jersey as nice as the current home and away that was are using right now!

Obviously very subjective, but i love our uniforms!!

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I don’t think they’ll ever create a jersey as nice as the current home and away that was are using right now!

Obviously very subjective, but i love our uniforms!!

They are very nice jerseys, but I don't think they are unique enough to Ottawa.

The away should have been the same as the original away with the black forearms. They had that jersey for 20 or so years originally. It seems like a small thing, but if you take the crest off the current white jersey, it could be any generic hockey jersey - but once you add the black forearms it becomes a Senators jersey, even without the crest.

Aesthetically, I like the black home jersey better than the black Reverse Retro, but I would argue that the black reverse retro is a better jersey. Again, it comes down to what my philosophy is about marketing and identity with hockey jerseys. The swoosh is a unique design element. In terms of overall look, they are both very similar, being a black jersey with one tone of striping - but the Reverse Retro is without a doubt a Senators jersey.

I am also a big fan of the proprietary font on the Reverse Retro jerseys. I would be interested to see how that font would fit on the current home and away jerseys.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They are very nice jerseys, but I don't think they are unique enough to Ottawa.

The away should have been the same as the original away with the black forearms. They had that jersey for 20 or so years originally. It seems like a small thing, but if you take the crest off the current white jersey, it could be any generic hockey jersey - but once you add the black forearms it becomes a Senators jersey, even without the crest.

Aesthetically, I like the black home jersey better than the black Reverse Retro, but I would argue that the black reverse retro is a better jersey. Again, it comes down to what my philosophy is about marketing and identity with hockey jerseys. The swoosh is a unique design element. In terms of overall look, they are both very similar, being a black jersey with one tone of striping - but the Reverse Retro is without a doubt a Senators jersey.

I am also a big fan of the proprietary font on the Reverse Retro jerseys. I would be interested to see how that font would fit on the current home and away jerseys.
I don’t like the swoosh,
I did like the original or maybe it was year 2,
On the black besides the red band on the arm there was also a white stripe.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
0peacetowerconcept.jpg

A concept idea.

The Leafs had a reversible Justin Bieber jersey, or it might have been Drake, I forget.

What if the Senators had a limited edition reversible jersey? Copper on one side, oxidized copper on the other?

They could attach Tom Green's name to it.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
0greenblackforearms.jpg
0copperblackforearms.jpg

Rough job, but there it is with black forearms instead of white.

0greennoforearms.jpg
0coppernoforearms.jpg

No forearms, which is closer to our current look.

I think that it looks more like how a Senators jersey should look with the forearms. No forearms is too close to the Ottawa Dallas Stars, and our women's team has already left us for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Not a fan of that old word mark logo. Looks like a plumbing company from Orleans 1988.

Should be better use of the tower in a more traditional roundelle of some sort and less type. Think of that Craig Anderson black helmet with gold tower on the forehead

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Not a fan of that old word mark logo. Looks like a plumbing company from Orleans 1988.

Should be better use of the tower in a more traditional roundelle of some sort and less type. Think of that Craig Anderson black helmet with gold tower on the forehead

That is part of the appeal. There are rabid fans who pay through the nose for the Peace Tower logo merch.

It's a very dated logo. The best way to bring it back would be as a limited one-time use jersey. The moment it's brought back as a full time thing, nobody will care about it. The appeal of it is the era it comes from, and that merch with the Peace Tower logo is a status symbol that says not only did I spend $150 on this stupid mesh shirt, I also am in the (not so) secret club of people who know what the logo was before the team existed.

They did a remake of the Peace Tower logo, and regardless of whether it is a better or worse interpretation, a remake ignores the appeal of the logo. There is an emotional attachment to the idea of what the logo says about the fan who has merch with it.

FdHIvr3XgAAKMVd.jpg

There is a concept someone made with the updated logo.

FdCGAF2X0AAPF9n.jpg

Here is a concept of the original logo/jersey template on an Adidas uniform.

The new one looks better and more modern, but changing it ignores what the actual appeal of the logo is. Which is that it's a really limited thing, that if you have it says you like the Senators enough to own something nearly impossible to find, that a lot of people don't know even exists (I think most people know about it, but the perception has always been that the Senators having a different logo for a year or two is a "Did you know?" type fact).

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
That is part of the appeal. There are rabid fans who pay through the nose for the Peace Tower logo merch.

It's a very dated logo. The best way to bring it back would be as a limited one-time use jersey. The moment it's brought back as a full time thing, nobody will care about it. The appeal of it is the era it comes from, and that merch with the Peace Tower logo is a status symbol that says not only did I spend $150 on this stupid mesh shirt, I also am in the (not so) secret club of people who know what the logo was before the team existed.

They did a remake of the Peace Tower logo, and regardless of whether it is a better or worse interpretation, a remake ignores the appeal of the logo. There is an emotional attachment to the idea of what the logo says about the fan who has merch with it.

FdHIvr3XgAAKMVd.jpg

There is a concept someone made with the updated logo.

FdCGAF2X0AAPF9n.jpg

Here is a concept of the original logo/jersey template on an Adidas uniform.

The new one looks better and more modern, but changing it ignores what the actual appeal of the logo is. Which is that it's a really limited thing, that if you have it says you like the Senators enough to own something nearly impossible to find, that a lot of people don't know even exists (I think most people know about it, but the perception has always been that the Senators having a different logo for a year or two is a "Did you know?" type fact).
Yeah it's not a great logo and wasnt even great when it was originally unveiled. I think fans in 2024 are more design savvy than that and as it was never really used, there's no real connection to it other than for the 10k people that remember it.
As a graphic designer, I wouldn't even use it as a shoulder patch. No balance, boring typeface and makes us look like an amateur club.

I can appreciate your nostalgia, but I think we can do better.
Agree to disagree on this one brother

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Does Bruce Firestone own it?
I don’t think so, if he did I am sure they would work something out.

One of the minority owners was really pushing for it to be used as an alternative jersey, they even started some mock ups. But if you look at some of the merch they released a couple of years ago with the peace tower, it wasn’t identical to the ‘91 logo for the same reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad