OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
not seeking a spoiler...if anyone has seen Deadpool and Wolverine already..do I need to have watched Loki S2 before hand?

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
not seeking a spoiler...if anyone has seen Deadpool and Wolverine already..do I need to have watched Loki S2 before hand?
Not really, no.

Not really pumped about Doom. Just hate that they keep eliminating the stakes and ruining emotional connections we have with the earlier films

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Not really, no.

Not really pumped about Doom. Just hate that they keep eliminating the stakes and ruining emotional connections we have with the earlier films
good..i'm going monday to see it..haven't actualy gone to a theater in...well a long ass time lol

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Deadpool and Wolverine was glorious. Best—and no surprise, most original—thing they’ve done post Endgame. Reynolds and Jackman leaned hard into the shtick and it was beautiful to see.

The surprise cast additions were glorious and plentiful. I definitely have two favorites, but interested in everyone else’s take.

And vis a vis Doomsday—I legit didn’t believe it and thought I was being trolled. I’ve got hopes since it is indeed RDJ and the Russo brothers together, which has traditionally been pure gold. Winter Soldier is far and away my favorite non avengers MCU film.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
So where in the Marvel timeline is this movie? Because we all know what happened at the end of Logan.
I've seen the director of Logan say that it takes place in the Days of Future Past timeline, but the storyline doesn't make any sense.

Logan is said to occur in 2029 and that no new mutants have been born in 25 years. So since 2004 no mutants born. The ending of Days of Future Past has Logan waking up at the academy in 2023. There are young teenage mutants at the school who were definitely born after 2004.

So even if you want to say Wolverine aging drastically from 2023 (Days of Future Past) to Logan (2029) is because of his healing factor giving out and the adamantium poisoning causing him to rapidly age, the actual dates given in the movie and the information (like no mutants in 25 years) just don't make sense for Days of Future Past.

I personally think Logan is an alternate timeline. Into The Spider-verse has shown there are certain universes linked at different chronological points. Spider-Man 2099 for instance.

Other universes could be similar. So a 2029 Logan universe could be linked to other universes/timelines where travelling between them could be to a different year entirely.

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so does that mean i need to know something about Logan before seeing Deadpool3 lol

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
so does that mean i need to know something about Logan before seeing Deadpool3 lol
You’ll understand the movie just fine if you haven’t seen Logan. I saw Logan when it came out but only remembered bits and pieces. There’s plenty of other tidbits in Deadpool from other projects that I didn’t see/didn’t remember and it all made sense.

Would the cameos and Easter eggs hit harder if I had everything fresh in my mind? Definitely but the movie flows all the same.

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
that was a fun movie...finally i got to see Gambit again even if I didn't like the actor..also am I the only one that think Snipes could still play Blade

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
that was a fun movie...finally i got to see Gambit again even if I didn't like the actor..also am I the only one that think Snipes could still play Blade
to the former, he was linked to it for years and was in literal purgatory. So I felt this was extra meta and extra appropriate.

To the latter. Weird white goatee. But 100% would be onboard.

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
to the former, he was linked to it for years and was in literal purgatory. So I felt this was extra meta and extra appropriate.

To the latter. Weird white goatee. But 100% would be onboard.
oh yeah..totally get why he played that character..just feel like there of course were better options..none the less happy to see my guy back on the big screen..even did his powers justice

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
oh yeah..totally get why he played that character..just feel like there of course were better options..none the less happy to see my guy back on the big screen..even did his powers justice
That was my 863rd gripe with origins…. Got to see him do something flashy with his cards while at a table then nothing. Womp womp

Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad