OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
If the Mountain is actually dead we may discover that the Walkers assume control over him. Or they for real kill him and assume control. Cleganebowl feels like a thing that was only ever gonna happen.

I'd agree but the 2 met face to face just last season with the Hound telling him their feud wasn't over. That leads me to believe it will happen

Also, wouldn't the NK have to be in a certain proximity to something dead to control it? The only time we've seen him flip the dead was at Hardhome, I believe

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Also...WHY THE HECK IS NO ONE TALKING TO BRAN ABOUT THE STUFF HE KNOWS. Tyrion does and they just cut away until the next scene he is sitting with Jamie

Perhaps to throw a curveball to the viewers and downplay Bran's significance?

Everyone is talking about an all out physical battle between the living and dead, but no one is really talking about the mental/magic/whatever the hell you want to call it battle of the minds between Bran and the NK. Maybe Bran dies to the NK but learns his overall weakness through their inevitable interaction and conveys that somehow to the survivors?

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Speaking of the Arya/Gendry scene. I do find it interesting how interactions like that would be received totally different if the roles were reversed. She basically pressured him into it and it's seen as empowering for her as a young woman

I really don't have a problem with it but just see it as a double standard in this day and age

Reactions: Ruck Over

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Speaking of the Arya/Gendry scene. I do find it interesting how interactions like that would be received totally different if the roles were reversed. She basically pressured him into it and it's seen as empowering for her as a young woman

I really don't have a problem with it but just see it as a double standard in this day and age

I'm glad someone said it. I mean Gendry was definitely a willing participant but...

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The Sansa/Dany scene was necessary but cheesy the way it was written and shot

Overall I liked the episode as it showed a lot of humility and humanity between characters with an almost certain death looming

I think they lose Winterfell to the dead and retreat back to Kings Landing. Jamie, Baric, Eddie, etc characters like that die next episode.

I still think there's going to be a dust up between the Hound and the Mountain with Hound defeating him. With the Mountain and Jamie both dead and the rest of the survivors overtaking KL, Cersei kills herself before Dany/Jon or whomever kills her. They make their final stand at KL and defeat the dead
It seems kinda fitting that Cersei is supposed to go out like Hitler, and this is being proposed two days after Hitler's birthday. These stories are based on history in part for thematic inspiration.

Reactions: Peter Man

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It seems kinda fitting that Cersei is supposed to go out like Hitler, and this is being proposed two days after Hitler's birthday. These stories are based on history in part for thematic inspiration.
Cersei will die but somebody will rip her baby out of her womb and it will survive to seek revenge....and continue the House of Lannister.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

ARE YOU COPYING ME?! DIDN"T I SAY THIS ALREADY?!

TWO CENTS! THAT"S THE FEE FOR INFRINGING ON MY COPYWRITEN MATERIAL!

ianal

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
TBH as much as I joke about it.....not sure that felt right either because she still seems so young. Being 5 foot nothing also makes her seem younger than she is....even though she is 22 now. But she was 11 when the series started and that is what I think most people still associate her age as being. I remember dating a girl who was 4'11" and she looked like a little kid...and I felt like she was ...it felt weird and people looked at us weirdly. But let's just say she was no kid in how she handled herself...a spark plug! I think Maisie is the same way...seemed from the article she was all in ….

Same for me multiple times over in Thailand, but since I knew that they weren't actually children, all I felt was exhausted :naughty: and nearly deaf from one of them :naughty:

Didn't need to see Arya like that, though.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010

Honestly didn't even connect the two in my theory

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I'm glad someone said it. I mean Gendry was definitely a willing participant but...

I mean the show has been littered with sexual assault/rape etc towards women so I'm not blind to that fact. The show has been criticized for it in the past and now it's "you go girl" after last nights scene

I just find the disconnect amusing

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I mean the show has been littered with sexual assault/rape etc towards women so I'm not blind to that fact. The show has been criticized for it in the past and now it's "you go girl" after last nights scene

I just find the disconnect amusing
Yeah Sansa being raped and underage was pretty controversial...

Reactions: Peter Man

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sure was and rightfully so. Apparently that scene in the book was 1000x times worse

I had a really long 'context needs to be applied to societal norms given time periods' post for this, but decided to nix it for sake of being called a pedophile. It's ok to talk about things that happened during a time period as long as you aren't advocating for them to happen now (see:Kate Smith statue being removed).

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I had a really long 'context needs to be applied to societal norms given time periods' post for this, but decided to nix it for sake of being called a pedophile. It's ok to talk about things that happened during a time period as long as you aren't advocating for them to happen now (see:Kate Smith statue being removed).
So it's still safe to talk about the ancient Greeks being all smart and stuff even though there was definite man on boy love going on among the learned class back then?

Just asking for a friend.

To keep the topic GoT related, there was also pedophilia (and maybe homosexuality?) implied in the Meryn Trant brothel scene prior to Arya, err Wolverine, scratching a name off the list. The world is a complicated place and sexual proclivities know no bounds within the human animal.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Was happy to see ghost

Not a bad episode.
12 seconds, and the CGI effect was so bad that no character even turned to look at the wolf, acknowledge it's existence, nor did Ghost react in any way to an action or sound made by Sam, Edd, or Jon. That effect was done after filming for the purpose of going, "see, we didn't forget about him, Ghost is still alive and mysteriously off camera forever just hanging out getting his coat brushed, the undercoat, ohhh the shedding undercoat."

/rant

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So it's still safe to talk about the ancient Greeks being all smart and stuff even though there was definite man on boy love going on among the learned class back then?

Just asking for a friend.

To keep the topic GoT related, there was also pedophilia (and maybe homosexuality?) implied in the Meryn Trant brothel scene prior to Arya, err Wolverine, scratching a name off the list. The world is a complicated place and sexual proclivities know no bounds within the human animal.

You can find faults with all civilizations. Just because touching boys was a societal norm doesn't mean they weren't smart. Pythagorean theorem isn't any less applicable todaytoday because it's founder had a thing for little boys, like most other men during his time did.

Now to be clear, that doesn't make it ok today. But that's just kind of what they did. There was also a time in U.S. history where 13 year old girls were married off to older men. Times change.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
You can find faults with all civilizations. Just because touching boys was a societal norm doesn't mean they weren't smart. Pythagorean theorem isn't any less applicable todaytoday because it's founder had a thing for little boys, like most other men during his time did.
My comment was total sarcasm, because I remember the apprenticeship aspect being taught in school, but way short of it containing a sexual nature. I'm on board for what you're saying. Typically, folks fall to hypocrisy of what is tolerable, and they fall to ignorance in that a problem could not exist within their circle because #reasons.

Reactions: Starat327

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
With the Mountain and Jamie both dead and the rest of the survivors overtaking KL, Cersei kills herself before Dany/Jon or whomever kills her. They make their final stand at KL and defeat the dead
"little brother" kills cersei, it is known

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad