OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-4-17_17-4-9.png

This is a trying time for all of us no matter where you live.

Right now politics should be set aside. We all have government leaders at the Federal and State/Provincial levels telling us what we must do to get through this.

Adhere to the rules below regarding discussion that is political in nature or you will be warned and permanently removed from this series of threads.

Considering we are relaxing forum rules regarding political discussion, what steps "over the line" is completely at the discretion of the moderation team. Examples of what constitutes appropriate discourse are listed below. When in doubt, don't post it.

Do not wish harm or infection on members of the public, including the press, be it an individual or network/outlet/newspaper, etc.
[/B]

It is becoming apparent that threadbans/infractions aren't enough for some people. The next step is a forum ban until hockey season starts.
We are going to follow similar rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.

Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:

Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"

Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"

Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Please add a link to any news story

Continued from

OT: - All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VIII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Coronavirus Dashboard

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

STAT Coronavirus Coverage — STAT

89623758_10220250846634048_664307170107457536_n-jpg.338111

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In addition. No making it personal. Take sides but no personal crap.
You dont like what gets moderation. Email the site. Disclosure is against the rules you yourself agreed to abide by.
No OpEd pieces or random Tweets .

No abuse of the report feature. Unless a politician is a member here reporting as flaming is abuse of the system.

Last edited:

member 96824

New law on the books in MA that will apply now and going forward post-pandemic. Is a good law

There's a great Boston based company called Notarize leading this charge. They do some awesome work. Not one of these tech companies that cannonballs into a state with two middle fingers up to regulators.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
There's a great Boston based company called Notarize leading this charge. They do some awesome work. Not one of these tech companies that cannonballs into a state with two middle fingers up to regulators.
I hope it passes as it will alleviate a lot of issues now and going forward.

I've heard good things about the company and will definitely check them out the next time I need something notarized.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As far as I am concerned, we restart the economy slowly based on facts and science and piecemeal as States come out of the Pandemic. IMO anything else is foolish and risky. We have lost enough American lives because of stupidity.

This, too, will pass, but the USA economy will never be the same, and if we learned our lessons, America will never be the same. It's going to take a long time to recover under the proper leadership, but it can be done using facts and science, with professionals assisting all the way, not politicians, not money grabbers, or not want to be Kings and not want to be King's family.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Quebec seems to be opening up a little at a time adding to the essential business list
Legault adds to essential services - West Island Blog

The Quebec government announced today, Monday, April 13, the expansion of the list of essential services, which now includes mines, garage owners, landscaping and garden centers.
This new list now includes:
– Garages – mechanical workshops – Effective April 15
– Landscaping, nurseries and garden centers – Workforce on April 15
– Mines – Workforce on April 15
– Home construction to complete deliveries of residential units (construction and renovation) scheduled for July 31, 2020 (including surveyors and building inspectors) -Workforce on April 20

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Amazing - heads of Federal Reserve banks are going public with their recommendations about what’s needed from government in order to start to reopen things - what kind of leadership vacuum must there be for them to step in and do this?

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Amazing the heads of the Federal Reserve are going public with their recommendations about what’s needed from government in order to start to reopen things - what kind of leadership vacuum must there be for them to step in and do this?

The Fed is an independent institution which is separate from the government, more or less. Trump has been at war with them from the get go.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
While I'm obviously thrilled about the hospitalizations starting to go down, I find myself incredibly nervous for what's to come, especially as we see a resurgence in other areas that are re-opening.

It's almost like there's a certain comfort in status quo

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
While I'm obviously thrilled about the hospitalizations starting to go down, I find myself incredibly nervous for what's to come, especially as we see a resurgence in other areas that are re-opening.

It's almost like there's a certain comfort in status quo
I've started to notice more articles out of middle America that residents and local governments are starting to get very antsy and like you, I fear a resurgence but specifically in the most rural areas of our country.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Keep the people distracted with the Trump vs Media show while the working class is mocked with a 1200 one time check to hold them over while they wait in lines for food and all their businesses go under. What's 1200 dollars pay for in a big city like NY Boston or SF? A third of the rent?

$1200 stimulus check is a stunt - not unlike

oprah-you-get-a-car-gif-7.gif

Low-income folks who live only on Social Security or SSI are getting the $1200 even though their income has not changed so that is a big bonus for them.

Then you have the substantial number of folks who work under the table who don't get 1099's and are simply paid in cash.

The TV production truck company that I am involved in pays the crew and does issue 1099's from a New Hampshire address. Most crew members set up a corporation for tax reasons and file quarterly. Those of us who do work for NBC/Universal are paid from Stamford, CT and are allowed to participate in NBC's healthcare plan which is excellent.

Our truck company is hurting as obviously there are no events and there are loan payments to be made as the trucks are very expensive to build and maintain. When the company started in 1994 we were hit with the double whammy of the MLB strike and then no NHL until January. The lost NHL season of 2004-05 was crippling as the company had spent a fortune upgrading the trucks to HD.

The worst thing for us as we can not even plan for when we are able to ramp up as we have no schedule.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Amazing - heads of Federal Reserve banks are going public with their recommendations about what’s needed from government in order to start to reopen things - what kind of leadership vacuum must there be for them to step in and do this?

We have a President that has a son-in-law in an
important role handling the Fed response
and a daughter who apparently is being reached out to
by banks in regards to the SBA loans. Couple that
with his signing statement to prevent oversight of
portions of The Cares Act and firing IG's and its easy to see why governors and members of The Fed
are making their opinions known.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Yikes. I don’t know what to believe. Just so much varying “information” coming from every angle possible.

Mark Cuban suggests the economy will open up in May. Harvard researchers saying social distancing will be in place until 2022. We are fed information, it’s not always accurate. For decades now we have been told the world would end or the polar caps will melt. Yet here we are, as are the polar ice caps. I just want summer so I can grill outside and hang in the pool.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Let's restart the economy?

Today NJ had 4000+ new case, probably understated.

365 new deaths the worse day ever for NJ regarding deaths.

Today is April 14, lets reopen businesses based on these facts.

BS
Perhaps NJ isn’t ready to begin opening up its economy? There are 50 states in the US, all in various stages of this beast. I would hope that IF there is a plan to start reopening the economy in stages, it would vary from state to state based on the virus statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad