GDT: All things Baseball part 2, the one where the White Sox make history!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20240916_215107.jpg

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If you don't like Shohei, you don't like sports.

Needed 1SB and 2HR to be the only 50/50 man in the history of baseball.

Tonight he got 2SB and 3HR (all after the 6th inning!) and TEN RBI.

He is the Japanese Babe Ruth.
I don't like baseball but I like impressive players like this in any sport so fun to follow along from afar. That said, I f***ing hate the MLB's lack of a salary cap and LA/Ohtani being able to benefit from it.

Also, when will NC get a baseball team (whether triangle or Charlotte)? Then I might start caring a tiny bit more.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I don't like baseball but I like impressive players like this in any sport so fun to follow along from afar. That said, I f***ing hate the MLB's lack of a salary cap and LA/Ohtani being able to benefit from it.

Also, when will NC get a baseball team (whether triangle or Charlotte)? Then I might start caring a tiny bit more.
I mean, MLB is eyeing expansion right now and NC is likely going to be a major contender. Dundon is leading the charge, too.

Personally I'm hoping they promote the Durham Bulls identity to the major leagues. Would be such a shame to lose it. Though I suppose you could also go back down to single-A and return them to their origins if it winds up being the Raleigh Oaks or whatever.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
In honor of the A's being ripped away from Oakland by a greedy cheap owner who raised payroll only $10m during a 20 year span that saw player salaries triple and inflation double the value of the dollar...

Oakland fans deserved better. They needed their own Tom Dundon to save them

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Watching the game a guess I spy hanging out in the Braves dugout? None other than Hanna Yates!

As a Guardians fan I can't believe I am rooting for the Braves but here we are.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad