All signs point to the Flames picking between 7th-10th

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I wouldn't mind Darnell Nurse in the 7 - 10 range. Has number 1D upside, and plays a big, nasty game. Great athlete.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I wouldn't mind Darnell Nurse in the 7 - 10 range. Has number 1D upside, and plays a big, nasty game. Great athlete.
Yep he looks like EXACTLY what we need on the back end right now. However I don't think we can pass up one of the big C names.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Everytime I see him I think he is like Matt Stajan, I don't like him much I hink he lacks game breaking ability and his potential is only as high as a 2nd liner.
a good 2way player that has 38 goals in his draft year on a deep Edmonton team?

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
a good 2way player that has 38 goals in his draft year on a deep Edmonton team?

Stajan had 33 goals on a deep Bulls team in his draft year too. Like I said, watching him I see matt Stajan. They play the same way. So you are looking at max a 2ndnd line center that is ok at everything, not really elite at anything.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That sounds like Stajan, personally if we are out of top 10 I want Domi unless someone falls
I really want a centerman but I think we should still draft the best player available. Personally I have the top 15 prospects rated as such.
  1. Seth Jones
  2. Nathan MacKinnon
  3. Aleksander Barkov
  4. Rasmus Ristolainen
  5. Jonathan Drouin
  6. Hunter Shirkaruk
  7. Sean Monahan
  8. Elias Lindholm
  9. Darnell Nurse
  10. Joshua Morrissey
  11. Ryan Pullock
  12. Frederik Gauthier
  13. Anthony Mantha
  14. Valerei Nichkusion
  15. Anthony Mantha

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I really want a centerman but I think we should still draft the best player available. Personally I have the top 15 prospects rated as such.
  1. Seth Jones
  2. Nathan MacKinnon
  3. Aleksander Barkov
  4. Rasmus Ristolainen
  5. Jonathan Drouin
  6. Hunter Shirkaruk
  7. Sean Monahan
  8. Elias Lindholm
  9. Darnell Nurse
  10. Joshua Morrissey
  11. Ryan Pullock
  12. Frederik Gauthier
  13. Anthony Mantha
  14. Valerei Nichkusion
  15. Anthony Mantha

As in how you expect it to go or purely talent? Otherwise there is no way Nichuskin isn't in the top 8.

Also glad there are some others who like Gauthier as much as me.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Stajan had 33 goals on a deep Bulls team in his draft year too. Like I said, watching him I see matt Stajan. They play the same way. So you are looking at max a 2ndnd line center that is ok at everything, not really elite at anything.

Stajan? I know it's very subjective, and everyone has their own interpretation and comparable, but Lazar is all compete, tenacity, with decent offensive upside. This is a guy that will do anything to win. Hits like a truck, and will fight anyone, any time. Stajan is a very confusing comparable (jr stats aside) when they play the same position very differently?

I think your look at a Ryan Kesler-lite in Lazar... 20G 25-30A 2/3rd line C, that everyone hates to play against. There is no "soft" in his game. He even has a bit of a mean/nasty streak to his game.

Lazar would be a great pick up if we acquire a pick in the 17 - 30 range. (Probably go before 25).

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I'm on the fence about Barkov. I think his league is a bit overrated by the Finns, and you also gotta be careful when it comes to man-childs, as they may already be close to reaching their potential.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Stajan? I know it's very subjective, and everyone has their own interpretation and comparable, but Lazar is all compete, tenacity, with decent offensive upside. This is a guy that will do anything to win. Hits like a truck, and will fight anyone, any time. Stajan is a very confusing comparable (jr stats aside) when they play the same position very differently?

I think your look at a Ryan Kesler-lite in Lazar... 20G 25-30A 2/3rd line C, that everyone hates to play against. There is no "soft" in his game. He even has a bit of a mean/nasty streak to his game.

Lazar would be a great pick up if we acquire a pick in the 17 - 30 range. (Probably go before 25).

I definitely did not see Kesler lite in Lazar on my viewings of him. So were we looking at two different players? I've watched him like 6 times and yes he isn't soft but neither is Stajan. I just see no elite skillset in him. He is probably a safe bet type player.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Can someone fill me in on Nichkusion? Some people have him out of the top 10 while i'm pretty sure ISS had him at number 2... I haven't done much research on him

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Can someone fill me in on Nichkusion? Some people have him out of the top 10 while i'm pretty sure ISS had him at number 2... I haven't done much research on him

Big guy 6'3 195, isn't afraid to hit in fact usually initiates it, is playing in the KHL and doesn't look out of place (6 points in 18 games). I have heard him compared to Jordan and Eric Staal. He isn't high on some peoples list because of the russian factor and the fact that most of us haven't seen much of him.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
  1. Seth Jones
  2. Nathan MacKinnon
  3. Aleksander Barkov
  4. Rasmus Ristolainen
  5. Jonathan Drouin
  6. Hunter Shirkaruk
  7. Sean Monahan
  8. Elias Lindholm
  9. Darnell Nurse
  10. Joshua Morrissey
  11. Ryan Pullock
  12. Frederik Gauthier
  13. Anthony Mantha
  14. Valerei Nichkusion
  15. Anthony Mantha
Mantha at 13 & 15?

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary

Plays like a Russian Rick Nash. Big guy with soft hands but limited vision that drives the net hard.

Any low ranking of his would have to do with questions of him committing to the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,050.00