Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I feel like bringing Laine back would be a shot in the arm that rejuvenates a lot of the fanbase. At least among the casual fan, Laine is right up there with Buff as most popular/exciting Jets of the 2.0 era.

I think if he can come in retained and/or cheaply (asset-wise), I can see True North and co. pulling the trigger and bringing him back. It certainly seems like it’s heading that way, at least.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I feel like bringing Laine back would be a shot in the arm that rejuvenates a lot of the fanbase. At least among the casual fan, Laine is right up there with Buff as most popular/exciting Jets of the 2.0 era.

I think if he can come in retained and/or cheaply (asset-wise), I can see True North and co. pulling the trigger and bringing him back. It certainly seems like it’s heading that way, at least.
might as well considering there are like zero top 6 free agents available right now

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Live look at Perfetti fans everytime a veteran C gets taken off the market:

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If we need a guy with a so so all around game and has a good shot for the PP... Laine probably more impactful in that role than Monahan.

We have the cap room, good chance CBJ would retain some. Seems like a possibility.

Reactions: kenobiwan

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
If we need a guy with a so so all around game and has a good shot for the PP... Laine probably more impactful in that role than Monahan.

We have the cap room, good chance CBJ would retain some. Seems like a possibility.

Question is what we'd have to give up. He won't be cheap esp if they are retaining. I imagine there might be a Winnipeg premium as well to preserve the optics of the PLD-Laine trade though the new management may not care much about that part.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
What about Ehlers/McGroarty/Pionk to NYI for Nelson/Pulock/Maggio/Danny Nelson?

We would get Nelson as our 2c, Pulock could play either 1st or 2nd line RD, and have 2 prospects who could help out on the Moose

NYI would get their speedy winger (who after next season could resign him to a long-term contract), Pionk who would be their 2nd line RD, and McGroarty could possibly have his wish on being in their lineup for the 25-26 season. They would also get a bit more cap space (not much but still helps them)

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Question is what we'd have to give up. He won't be cheap esp if they are retaining. I imagine there might be a Winnipeg premium as well to preserve the optics of the PLD-Laine trade though the new management may not care much about that part.
if we send them iaffalo in the package they wouldn't need to retain anything which might help alot because their fans have said that their ownership won't want to retain

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
if we send them iaffalo in the package they wouldn't need to retain anything which might help alot because their fans have said that their ownership won't want to retain

That's not a bad trade for the Jets but it would seem CBJ would want more than Iafallo? Laine is a former 2nd overall pick who they traded a 3rd overall pick for. Even if his value has fallen, I'd still think it's in a higher bracket than Iafallo but could be wrong. Columbus does weird things.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That's not a bad trade for the Jets but it would seem CBJ would want more than Iafallo? Laine is a former 2nd overall pick who they traded a 3rd overall pick for. Even if his value has fallen, I'd still think it's in a higher bracket than Iafallo but could be wrong. Columbus does weird things.
I said iaffalo in a package

Reactions: JetsFan815

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It feels like his price is like a 2nd round pick and whatever retention you need you pay for on top of that.

Maybe Iafallo and a 2nd gets it done and we can just play Chibrikov or Gus...

It's not that I'm dying to have him back but the stars are slowly lining up for it to happen.

Iaffalo and Rashevsky for Laine?

CBJ love their Russians
Great minds Gil haha

I said iaffalo in a package
Great minds haha

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
We have one that finished 7th in the Norris voting this season.

No. Even if he was replacement level, with the way the day has gone I don't think any more bottom of the lineup forwards are needed.
Sorry RIGHT SIDE i mean :) Not to replace Josh, but that would be good two left D to anchor the D also. But Right Side would be better :)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the same interview:

“Rutger’s a prospect within our organization, and that’s where it is right now,”

vs

"Nikolaj Ehlers is a big part of our team. We're very focused on trying to put the best team on the ice that we possible can in order to compete for a Stanley Cup."

"As far as Nikolaj, he's a big part of what we have going forward."

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who saw/heard chevy say this and came away thinking it wasn't a big deal, rutger was our top prospect, every other time he talked about him he would talk him up about he was going to be a big part of our org, now it's just he's a prospect for the jets right now..

Sounds like you took it exactly the same way I did.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Iafallo is a negative asset. Columbus would not want him unless a lot more is included.
cbj doesn't want to retain, I don't see anyway they can trade him without taking salary back, if they expect a team to take on the full contract and attach value to the cap they send back then I don't think they will ever move laine

Reactions: kylbaz and Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The trick is to never expect anything to happen. Then you'll always be pleasantly surprised. If you expect something to happen you'll always be dissapointed when it doesn't.

As the smallest market in the NHL we should always have this mindset.

I'm not disappointed in Chevy's off season yet. I only wanted a trade for a 1st if it started with a good C or RHD before the add of a 1st.

Mostly what I wanted from FA Frenzy was to not sign Monahan.

So far Chevy has signed not 1 but 2 backup goalies and a needed upgrade at 3RHD.

We still have 2 players to either sign or trade and 2 holes in the roster to fill. The off-season is far from over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad