Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I love how Chevy took a hard look at a goalie with a 6-20-3 record and an almost 4.00 GGA and thought to himself, this is the guy that we need to be targeting. Why not just sign Red Light Raccicot….

He actually signed a goaltender with a 2.51 GAA and .923 save % after being dealt from the worst team in the NHL to a under .500 team. Why not just sign Green Light Roy?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
norris gets injured more than vilardi, I don't think they can count on him at all
But he’s also making $8M per year for 6 more years, or whatever his contract is.

Sens have 20 players under contract including Norris and still have Pinto to sign with only $4.4M in cap space.

Can’t expect him to take a team friendly deal 2 years in a row imo.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I actually think Laine is a possibility as Chevy seems to be holding back enough cap space to take him on as long as there is enough retention.

He wouldn't be able to fit Henrique if he did so unless Ehlers is still in play. But if the plan now is Cole at C then maybe:

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Kc Perfetti Vilardi

Reactions: None

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Laine would have to bump one of vilardi or perfetti... Chevy presser implies he wants the young guys to have a shot - prob including lambert too - can't see him going back to Laine

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
I would love to have Laine back but I'm not sure if he will. He did fit well with this team though. These players the Jets draft look pretty good when they play here then, when they get traded or leave, they play worse on their new teams. Could have something to do with the Jets drafting players who fit with the direction of the club and how they want to play.

Aside form Laine, the best example I can think of is Trouba. He was great here, gets traded to the Rangers, and now they're trying to dump him.

Reactions: thereturn

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Laine would have to bump one of vilardi or perfetti... Chevy presser implies he wants the young guys to have a shot - prob including lambert too - can't see him going back to Laine

Well no more Henrique so Noone would be getting bumped from the top 6 now if Laine is back.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
So barring any more moves we're swapping Dillon with Miller from the most dominant version of our lineup last season with Lambert as an x-factor that could force his way onto the team.

Things could be worse for the Jets, excited to see if we add any more NHLers with a Rutger trade
I really wonder if the Jets run Stanley-Miller as a 3rd pairing now, that's at least a potential physical pairing and have Heinola-Lundmark compete against them, for a different look, more of a skating one...

I'm not upset about today...the Jets moved on from 4 over 30 players in the past 2 days, I think that opens up to playing with more pace, which was a definite issue in the playoffs.

The 2C issue is still concerning...is it Perfetti? Lambert? Namestnikov? Or is Mc Groarty being leveraged as a trade chip for a potential 2C? Other than that issue, and maybe team toughness, when push comes to shove, I'd say this is a team that knows each other well, knows their roles...And Arniel is not coming in from the outside, so there shouldn't be any potential clashes. I want to see what the new coaches bring to the table.

The one thing is that teams with Cap space have moved to close the gap, and it's easy enough to envision a team like Nashville leapfrogging us because of their offseason work.

Buckle up.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I didn’t expect *much* on free agency but the lack of anything at the draft on top of bringing back Comrie so we can run Helle into the ground definitely doesn’t have me feeling optimistic thus far.

Every team in our division, save Minnesota, has gotten better or at least stayed level. These are supposed to be years we compete. We’ll be a wildcard team at best at this rate.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I didn’t expect *much* on free agency but the lack of anything at the draft on top of bringing back Comrie so we can run Helle into the ground definitely doesn’t have me feeling optimistic thus far.

Every team in our division, save Minnesota, has gotten better or at least stayed level. These are supposed to be years we compete. We’ll be a wildcard team at best at this rate.
comrie is most likely our 3rd string goalie, dallas lost tanev and pavelski and gained dumba colorado has 10 forwards and 5 d signed with almost zero capspace to sign people

nashville and utah got better, chicago is going to be better but still not going to contend for a playoff spot and the top 3 all got worse-slightly worse

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad