Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
Today isn't the day Jets get business done unless it's an internal extension. I suspect the Perfetti contract is released today to offset the lack of anything else.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think Lambert is NHL 2C material. Not this year, anyway. Winger, sure. We'll probably need to trade for one.

I can actually see the Perfetti RFA negotiation getting ugly based on how the organization has treated him, so I don't think that one gets done today.

We're still down at least one NHL D-man. Miller wouldn't be an awful re-signing opportunity if he's willing.

This is a tricky UFA day, there are lots of moving pieces that aren't moving, while the whole league moves around us. We bought out Schmidt for cap space, but we've done nothing to use it.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Not sure why people are upset we aren't over paying for expensive vets? All season long people complain about our prospects being blocked, now that it looks like Chevy is leaving roster space for the prospects, people get upset that he isn't blocking them :huh:

If the Jets actually play their youth and give them opportunities, then I'm all for not signing UFA vets. Not being able to sign these vets might just force the Jets into becoming more youthful. Might even have a spot for McG.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think Lambert is NHL 2C material. Not this year, anyway. Winger, sure. We'll probably need to trade for one.

I can actually see the Perfetti RFA negotiation getting ugly based on how the organization has treated him, so I don't think that one gets done today.

We're still down at least one NHL D-man. Miller wouldn't be an awful re-signing opportunity if he's willing.

This is a tricky UFA day, there are lots of moving pieces that aren't moving, while the whole league moves around us. We bought out Schmidt for cap space, but we've done nothing to use it.
I don't think Chevy signs a D-man. They need room for Heinola and probably Lundmark who was just qualified and will no longer be waiver exempt this season.

Reactions: roccerfeller

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Because we are the only team that never participates in building a team via UFAs , then we must build our team via drafting players. We need as many draft picks as possible. So I don't care how close Chevy thinks we are to the Cup just before the trade deadline, the next time he trades a 1st round pick for a rental, he needs to be fired. Period.
“He” needs to be fired… as in Chevy AND Chipman.

What’s even more depressing is the Jets go into the 2025 draft with no 2nd and 4th round picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkp

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Not sure why people are upset we aren't over paying for expensive vets? All season long people complain about our prospects being blocked, now that it looks like Chevy is leaving roster space for the prospects, people get upset that he isn't blocking them :huh:

It will always be that way 🙏🏼 an online forum is just too much of a good place to complain about whatever one wants to complain about for that to ever change in that regard. It's easy and nobody will hold you to anything. Perfect setup for taking a little 💩

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If the Jets actually play their youth and give them opportunities, then I'm all for not signing UFA vets. Not being able to sign these vets might just force the Jets into becoming more youthful. Might even have a spot for McG.
Last season we had a lot of vets under contract, that didn't leave much room for opportunity. It looks now that Chevy is trying to leave some room open.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh yea always hearing about playing the prospects well this might be that type of season, hopefully they all play great .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh yea always hearing about playing the prospects well this might be that type of season, hopefully they all play great .
I'm also hopeful that if McGroarty gets moved it will be for an NHL ready prospect, that will slot into the lineup. I was also thinking maybe Chevy is angling to extend the olive branch to Rutger by leaving a roster spot open for him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’m not upset, vast majority of those contracts are not going to end well. This opens up spots for kids to move up, which is what we all wanted. If no one earns their spot, then we can always fill that need later.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
F

First RFA contracts don't get ugly as the player has virtually no leverage. I also don't think Perfetti is butt hurt. He seems pretty excited about Arniel being the new head coach.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I for one am very happy that our young guys will likely get a shot this year!

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
For what we need..trade is our best course to solution. Biggest question is do we go for ready now types or younger players who we hope will develop into the roles.
2 options could be…
McGroarty + to OTT for Pinto
Ehlers + CGY for Andersson

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Chevy just being a Manitoban. Let everyone else buy the shiny new toys, spend all the money they can, and then waltz in a few days later and get some bargain signings with a toy who doesn’t see many home options left. The priority, in my opinion, of True north is to make profit rather than win a Cup. This fits well into their mantra, and Chevy can spout the line that he won't overpay and made the right decisions (for Profit at least).

We will see some marginal signings late in the day and over the next few weeks. Good deals, but not ones that would push us to the top for a few years, even if the final few years of the contract causes some pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad