Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Following are assumptions that are based on the Jets how they act and think over the last years. I HIGHLY doubt there will be a major overhaul of people and players, so this is what I think will happen based on all these years of experience in the Jets doing business:

Monahan:
I think they will try and re-sign Monahan, succeeding in this depends on the offers he gets. I could see him re-sign for 2.5 M per over 2 years. I am not saying I want him re-signed, I just think it is the most realistic outcome. I think it is just as likely that some team that lacked offense this season gives him a bit more and he'll go there - first team that comes to my mind is Seattle. So I think him being back is 50-50 at best.

Toffoli:
Won't be back - it's mutual.

DeMelo:
They will try and re-sign him HARD. The Jets love Dylan and I think he will be open but will obviously also assess his options on the market. I could see him leave to another offer that is just as good as the Jets offer but gives him a fresh start somewhere else as he probably agrees about the "Jets just don't have it" vibes. This completely depends on the quality of offers he's getting IMO. Also 50-50 at best.

Dillon:
Won't be back as he'll get some nice offers and pick one.

Miller:
Won't be back but who cares.

Brossoit:
Won't be back. Laurent Brossoit is the one single winner of the 23/24 Winnipeg Jets season. This guy is gonna get a sexy offer from a playoff team desperate for goaltending. At this point, I think he has proven that he's worth a two year 3+ M a year as a starting goaltender for some other team. My money is on the Kings (have zero goalies under contract for next year) - I wish him all the best in the world and he deserves all of it.

This was my opening post for the "Winnipeg Jets going into 24/25 season" thread. I am 5 out of 6 now. Monahan signing somewhere else for more than 2.5 per would make me 6 out of 6.

(Not saying it is a big deal to have predicted those)

How are your "predictions" going?

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Comrie played well in his last stop in Winnipeg. Gets along well with Helle. Flaherty has a track record with reclamation projects. Turns 29 years old next month. And he’ll be cheap. I dunno… it doesn’t seem crazy IMO to at least be considered an option.
Bump! My post from Jun 10, 2024 above. Called it.

cc: @tarozi

Reactions: GJF

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought I scrolled past a tweet yesterday from a Buffalo fan saying they had tried to trade for McGroarty but he wouldn't sign there. Can anyone confirm my recollection?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I thought I scrolled past a tweet yesterday from a Buffalo fan saying they had tried to trade for McGroarty but he wouldn't sign there. Can anyone confirm my recollection?
it was from a bull shit account, that tweet also claimed that kane was looking for 3x6 and just minutes later it was announced that kane was signing for 1 year in detriot

Reactions: Gil Fisher

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It's the annual.Jets fans criticize the crazy contracts and nod knowingly season... and then 90% of the ufa contracts end up being 'not crazy'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad