Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
you are making a bunch of posts that he's going to end up only picking 1 place and we are going to be left with a bad return... yes you are acting like we are doomed

just don't understand why people can't wait until a deal actually happens before they make up the worst case scenarios

It really isn't even about that Cutter apparently left it wide open for Philly and they got a pretty mild return on him.

You lose a lot of value leverage here as teams kind of know they have you up against the wall. These kids aren't all that worried about a big payday right away either. They are smarter and are trying to maximize their long term gains.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It really isn't even about that Cutter apparently left it wide open for Philly and they got a pretty mild return on him.

You lose a lot of value leverage here as teams kind of know they have you up against the wall. These kids aren't all that worried about a big payday right away either. They are smarter and are trying to maximize their long term gains.
I’m not too worried about the leverage. We have 2 years of control. When you are 20 years old and want to play in the NHL now 2 years is an eternity.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

A mild return? They got a 21 yr old RHD who had scored over 30 points in the NHL already plus a second round pick!

A mild return? They got a 21 yr old RHD, former 6th overall pick who had scored over 30 points in the NHL already plus a second round pick!

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
We assume that he is itching to play in the show and not just itching avoid the AHL altogether.
Well it’s not an assumption we pulled out of thin air. It’s the explanation that has been reported on - it’s the best “info” we have to go with.

We assume that he is itching to play in the show and not just itching avoid the AHL altogether.
Well it’s not an assumption we pulled out of thin air. It’s the explanation that has been reported on - it’s the best “info” we have to go with
A mild return? They got a 21 yr old RHD who had scored over 30 points in the NHL already plus a second round pick!
totally agree. What the heck are people smoking that they think the return for cutter is garbage.

I’d be thrilled with that return. Is cutter worth more than drysdale and a second. Absolutely. But that return is frickin great.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He scored 30 points once 3 years ago and has since been on a downward trajectory of injuries and lack of production.

If you think any Philly fan would prefer to have Drysdale over Cutter you out to lunch.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
He scored 30 points once 3 years ago and has since been on a downward trajectory of injuries and lack of production.

If you think any Philly fan would prefer to have Drysdale over Cutter you out to lunch.
He never said they’d prefer that. You’re moving goal posts. He said drusdale and a second are hardly a mild return.

Calling that return mild is hyperbole.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If you thought you were ready to play in the NHL now October 2026 is a long way away.

He wouldn't be the first player to wait it out.

He never said they’d prefer that. You’re moving goal posts. He said drusdale and a second are hardly a mild return.

Calling that return mild is hyperbole.

It's pretty mild when you consider his worth.
Drysdale is not shaping up to be the player he was projected to be in 2020.

I feel like he's still living off his draft hype. He's been pretty meh for awhile now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He wouldn't be the first player to wait it out.

It's pretty mild when you consider his worth.
Drysdale is not shaping up to be the player he was projected to be in 2020.

I feel like he's still living off his draft hype. He's been pretty meh for awhile now.

He needs a healthy stretch to get on track. I watched him a bit last year and the tools are all still there to be a two-way puck moving dmen.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
We know Columbus wants McGro, use the cap space for Laine, getting more value back for no $$ retained.

McGro+ for Laine, Mateychuk (or similar prospect)

Give Laine a chance to play C, put him with Perfetti (set-up man) and Ehlers (zone entry). If it doesn't work out, give Perfetti a chance or worst case we fall back on Namestikov... Or even maybe Lambert takes a big step in the off season and gets a shot.

For our D, stick with

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Stanley / Salo / Heinola + bring in a vet, cheap depth guy like Miller preferably. Capo could work too.

Count on Salo passing Pionk within the next 2 years.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We know Columbus wants McGro, use the cap space for Laine, getting more value back for no $$ retained.

McGro+ for Laine, Mateychuk (or similar prospect)

Give Laine a chance to play C, put him with Perfetti (set-up man) and Ehlers (zone entry). If it doesn't work out, give Perfetti a chance or worst case we fall back on Namestikov... Or even maybe Lambert takes a big step in the off season and gets a shot.

For our D, stick with

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Stanley / Salo / Heinola + bring in a vet, cheap depth guy like Miller preferably. Capo could work too.

If we include Iafallo in the deal we have more than enough room for that now

Reactions: Aries56

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So with Schmidt being bought out, it looks like Chevy has plans to make some moves. We really didn't need to do that if we were gonna run it back. We had cap space for Ville, Stan, Cole and a cheap back up

People are shitting on Monahan already (like they were before they acquired him at the TDL) but I'd like to see him back if Chevy can keep thr term to 3 or 4 years.

Sure, he didn't look great in the playoffs but neither did a lot of guys. As the Statsnerds always remind us, "sample size"...

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

What is this mythology that Drysdale was a 'mild return'... he was a top ten pick and at the time was a proven nhl d... albeit on a garbage team

If we can get a RHD for mcgro that is coming off a 30 point season sign me up

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Pionk is signed for only one more year.

What is this mythology that Drysdale was a 'mild return'... he was a top ten pick and at the time was a proven nhl d... albeit on a garbage team

I wouldn't trade McG for Drysdale.
I'd trade him to LA for Clarke.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
with no moves, the Jets D is probably worse than last year.

Stanley AND Heinola as regulars? Both have not been good in recent years/ since CDN Division. im also still a bit wary of Samberg in the top-4. i dont know if the Jets go with that much bad or uncertainty for half of their D group. i think we still see 1 maaybe 2 low cap-hit vet signings.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well it’s not an assumption we pulled out of thin air. It’s the explanation that has been reported on - it’s the best “info” we have to go with.

Well it’s not an assumption we pulled out of thin air. It’s the explanation that has been reported on - it’s the best “info” we have to go with

totally agree. What the heck are people smoking that they think the return for cutter is garbage.

I’d be thrilled with that return. Is cutter worth more than drysdale and a second. Absolutely. But that return is frickin great.

It isn't garbage. It isn't great either. It is less than Cutter should have returned if he hadn't forced the issue.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Drysdale is not coming off a 30 pt season. That is the whole point. That was 3 years ago. He has done nothing since except collect injuries.

Even if he gets healthy he is unlikely to = Cutter.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

You want a Dman coming off a 30 point season 2 years ago?

We just bought one out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad