Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
today is the last day to place players on waivers for a buyout at 11 am, the next window would open up if a player elects arbitration

shmittywatch.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have a teeny tiny little bit of optimism that Chevy does something big this summer but i feel like it's going to be sign Monahan, sign some depth vets in FA, wait for the last possible second on McG and Ehlers to try and sign them and then run it all back.

I find that depressing. Despite 4th in reg season we know last year's team was not good enough. That was with Mono.

The only change looks like it will be Heini in for Dillon. That is already a step back even assuming Heini succeeds. Oh, and some guy for Bro. So Helle will be even more overworked.

Age will be a negative for several Jets. So a not good enough team will be weaker next year.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm guessing the deals were also dependant on someone Chevy was high on being available too

At the end of the day, it's no loss to us. Next spring Rutger will be one season closer to NHL ready and if it's not with the Jets, his value won't have diminished. If anything, it could go up

As I was trying to explain to Habs fans on the main boards.. as long as Rutger doesn't have his heart set on FA and is willing to sign with whatever team aquire his rights, then anyone who really wants him will have to pay Chevy's price

By that time you can be sure he will have selected a landing site. What did Flames get for Fox?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Fox was included in the trade that sent Dougie Hamilton and Michael Ferland to Carolina for Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin. Fox was also a former 3rd round pick, not 14th overall.

then his rights were traded for two 2nd rounders. When you factor in that return and the return on Cutter. It's not looking good for us.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
By that time you can be sure he will have selected a landing site. What did Flames get for Fox?
why? because you said so? if the reported reason he wants out is because he feels he should be in the nhl I doubt he would only be open to signing with one team and one team only after waiting an entire year

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
why? because you said so? if the reported reason he wants out is because he feels he should be in the nhl I doubt he would only be open to signing with one team and one team only after waiting an entire year

The longer this goes on the more power he has. Eventually he may just decide to pick a landing spot. He'll have offers from pretty much every team if he makes it to FA.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The longer this goes on the more power he has. Eventually he may just decide to pick a landing spot. He'll have offers from pretty much every team if he makes it to FA.
776 days until he becomes a free agent, for a guy who wants to play in the nhl now that is a eternity, maybe lets wait for an actual trade to happen instead of acting as if we are doomed

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
776 days until he becomes a free agent, for a guy who wants to play in the nhl now that is a eternity, maybe lets wait for an actual trade to happen instead of acting as if we are doomed

Well if we manage to get a high end prospect out of this deal we will be the first team to ever do so. We certainly aren't the first team to have this happen.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
At this point I can see Chevy doing nothing...at least Samberg-Schmidt was a passable defensive pairing last year, so maybe that's what we'll see again...this could be the most anticlimactic offseason in Jets history, where July 1 brings back Comrie and you didn't hear from Chevy again until August. Maybe a defenseman...I'm hoping the Jets minimally sign Josh Brown for some chops...not expecting Bauer to make the leap in TC but we'll see where the Jets are at development wise, I guess.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
I think Chevy wanted a draft pick +. Mcgroatys progress since drafted puts him more valuable than a pick in that range. Look at guys drafted in that range and majority don't pan out. Not that mcgroaty is a guarantee but he's on the right path already.
Chevy will get the Jets a great swap for Rutger. We might all say WTF when we hear about it but after sometime has passed everything will be OK again ( 🙏)

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Fox was included in the trade that sent Dougie Hamilton and Michael Ferland to Carolina for Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin. Fox was also a former 3rd round pick, not 14th overall.

Fox fell because it was known he would be hard to sign. Flames took a flyer on him in the 3rd.

If McG let's it be known what team he wants to sign with we get very little for him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He is expected to progress further. If so his value will be higher. So will his attitude of control. UFA will be getting closer as an option for him.

I don't believe waiting helps us at all. It only gets worse once his NCAA season starts. I can't tell you what to believe. That's your choice.

Reactions: Bigfish

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Not acting like we are doomed. Just acting like getting this done this offseason is best.

I'm not disappointed we didn't trade him for picks. I prefer a comparable prospect. This offseason.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Not acting like we are doomed. Just acting like getting this done this offseason is best.

I'm not disappointed we didn't trade him for picks. I prefer a comparable prospect. This offseason.
you are making a bunch of posts that he's going to end up only picking 1 place and we are going to be left with a bad return... yes you are acting like we are doomed

just don't understand why people can't wait until a deal actually happens before they make up the worst case scenarios

Reactions: Jets 31

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Rutger was close to contributing. We need someone similar. Our"window" is tight and we can't afford to wait.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
you are making a bunch of posts that he's going to end up only picking 1 place and we are going to be left with a bad return... yes you are acting like we are doom

No, not at all.
I'm saying that he will do that IF we wait until next offseason.

Why don't you take issue with all the posters saying they hope we keep him until he becomes a UFA? There's your doom and gloom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad