Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Murat: Chevy is on the phone!!!

Chevy's phone:
51C2daBuleS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
My guess is Chevy wants a top prospect for McGroarty and not a draft pick. I didn't think there was a high probability of Ehlers going tonight. I figured it would be July 1st at the earliest as he's worth more with an extension.

Yeh it’s rare a player like Ehlers gets moved draft night. Too much focus on prospects to look at other big moves for all the teams.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I would almost prefer we burn the pick and let him walk to free agency in 2 years than capitulate for a middling return right now. Sending a message is also important to future players. Think of him as a Veslinen if it means future prospects will think twice before demanding such trades.
100%

Let him spend two years watching his US development team buddies cashing cheques in the NHL while he's attending classes

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
the insiders after the draft:
chris johnston: montreal was tied to mcgroarty wonders if it picks up day 2
dreger: mcgroarty is on the radar for a lot of teams, chevy didn't get an offer that made sense, maybe montreal steps up maybe wild step up plenty of interest

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Reporter: Hey Chevy you gonna do any buyouts?

Chevy: That is an option.

Reporter: Hey Chevy you gonna trade any players?

Reporter: Hey Chevy you gonna trade any prospects?

Reporter: Hey Chevy you gonna acquire a 1st round pick?

Reporter: Hey Chevy you gonna drink a pail of water and piss your pants?

Chevy: Again, certainly.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
My guess is Chevy wants a top prospect for McGroarty and not a draft pick. I didn't think there was a high probability of Ehlers going tonight. I figured it would be July 1st at the earliest as he's worth more with an extension.
Idk the things I took away from the Chevy interview is that Ehlers isn't necessarily on the table...some posters mentioned the fact that the Jets need stars to sell seats, and Chevy, with some input from his bosses and coaches, might be comfortable riding it out with Ehlers to ensure the Jets have a star worth watching next year...it moves the timeline on Lambert or Barlow replacing him to a more attainable one...if the team sucks Ehlers would still have TD value one would think.

The other thing I noticed is that Chevy was asked specifically about Perfetti and Stanley and he dodged talking about big Stan...maybe something is in the works tomorrow.

Reactions: roccerfeller

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
All I learned is that NHL market places are dynamic. Anything that involved 2024 first round draft capital obviously didn’t materialize.

Chevy is a grinder and maybe the pick wasn’t his priority, or perhaps the asset they wanted was gone by the time their targeted trading slot arrived. Impossible to say without more information.

I am fine being patient for now. This is our top prospect and we need equal value back.

If it’s not a package deal from our side my hopes are it’s a 1 for 1 trade for a young emerging asset that is more of a positional need.

Last thing we need to do is overplay our hand to try to win this year. That’s what trade deadlines are for. Ideally we need a 7-10 year asset that grows into a top six centre in 1-2 years. Or a similar time horizon with a RHD.

My hope is similar to what I think we have in McG. Not quite proven yet but dam close and an asset that gets me excited while filling a positional need.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Zeev is a great talent. Can’t believe he slipped that far. You won’t love to see him play us next ten years that’s for sure.

I prefer he trades him for a near ready young D instead of a pick.

Hockey prospect Black Book had Zeev Buium as their top D man in this draft and #3 overall. Wild are quietly rebuilding on the fly here. This is a hell of a pick up at that slot and I am very jealous.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Plenty of interesting names remaining on the Board. I think we'll get a really good player. A couple of centers in Erikson and Mittens; a few RHDs in Elick, Badinka and Mews and even some puck moving LHDs.

Pettersons a high motor C as well.

As for roster construction, do we pivot back to Ehlers staying? Can we fit both Ehlers and Monahan under the cap?

Perfetti Scheifele Vilardi
Connor Monahan Ehlers

Or do we let Lambo take a run at 2C, with Namestnikov as his insurance policy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad