Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For what it's worth, Laine's Twitter account has no CBJ-related material other than his avatar (he still follows the team account), but the Winnipeg-related posts and everything in a Jets uniform are still there. There's smoke to this fire.

Doesn't matter if Laine wants it or not. Chevy isn't going to do it if it isn't good for Jets.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Well actually he has struggled with depression and has spent the last 4 months getting treatment, so maybe he has learned some tools he can use to cope.
as a person? wonderful. I hope Patrick can learn to be happy and successful.

as a player? on the Jets? i could give a half a crap. i’m not interested in “Leg up” programs, or charity cases.

let some other team deal with it.

you know the player assistance program is for more then just addiction right?
i don’t care.

i don’t want him and his cancer anywhere near this team.

• Haha
Reactions: jonu

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah....I'm not finding much either.....

Thanks for the heads up.
a mod on the bruins forums asked him for proof and he came back with "I'm watching the big football game now. bc Edmonton playing big division game."

big week four game for the 0-3 elks rofl

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
For all the no thanks, no Laine talk - it all depends on how much CBJ pays us to take him.

Yeh, zero interest interest in Laine from me, that would massively disappointing move IMO. Lets just bring back Kane back at the same time. No thanks from me, we got rid of our problem kids no interest in getting any of them back.

Reactions: Skidooboy

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeh, zero interest interest in Laine from me, that would massively disappointing move IMO. Lets just bring back Kane back at the same time. No thanks from me, we got rid of our problem kids no interest in getting any of them back.

I wouldn't be counting on him to improve the Jets. I'm only interested if he comes with something that does improve the Jets. He would be a project at best.

Edit: But I get a complete lack of interest. Jets room seems to be pretty strong. Do we want to risk that?

BarkleyTiger

Jun 26, 2024
how was laine a problem? the problem was Scheifele and Wheeler.
We should be lucky to get laine back. but even mcintyre said everyone he has talked to says jets and laine is taking over draft. chevy might not do it as he is an incompetent.

I mean...the Elks are beating the Lions when it's not garbage time. That's as big as it gets for Edmonton football these days.
great game. puts Winnipeg in must win.

BarkleyTiger

Jun 26, 2024
can you provide 1 single link to any of your claims?
go watch hustlers show today. they literally talked about laine with button. or do you only read twitter for your facts?

it's like everywhere

I'd immediately become way more interested in watching Jets games if Laine came back.

Highly doubt it happens though.

I'm expecting a very boring tomorrow for the Jets.
pagnotta said jets are favorite but per league policy deal likely wont happen soon.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
go watch hustlers show today. they literally talked about laine with button. or do you only read twitter for your facts?

it's like everywhere

pagnotta said jets are favorite but per league policy deal likely wont happen soon.
link to where pagnotta said that?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wouldn't be counting on him to improve the Jets. I'm only interested if he comes with something that does improve the Jets. He would be a project at best.

Edit: But I get a complete lack of interest. Jets room seems to be pretty strong. Do we want to risk that?

Yeh my cost to take him back would be high, shudder at the idea of him back on the team.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm only interested in a Laine reunion if the leadership core wants him back and we can get him on the cheap and retained.

No thanks to him if we don't check all of those boxes.

I'd much rather go after some fresh faces on CBJ like Mateychuk, Sillinger or Jiricek.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yeh my cost to take him back would be high, shudder at the idea of him back on the team.
I think shudder is a bit harsh.

I wouldn’t give much for him. Columbus would have to retain and/or take back a bad contract. If the current leadership core is on board with it (a lot can change in three years, and Laine could’ve matured, too), I don’t hate a shot at hoping he rejuvenates himself back here where he had much success. As the main piece for Rutger? Hell to the no. As a separate deal with maybe a bad contract going the other way? I don’t hate it.

I think Laine was overrated so long on here by the Laine stans that he’s now underrated a bit.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

it's like everywhere

I watched the show today. I didn't see him on there?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

Minnesota would likely be willing to trade the 13th pick outright, especially if it was to the Winnipeg Jets for the University of Michigan standout Rutger McGroarty. There’s no doubt the Wild, like many teams, have been talking to the Jets about the 2022 14th pick, who reportedly doesn’t want to sign with Winnipeg.

I don’t think I’d be able to stomach Rutger going to the Wild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad