Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
As for all the Laine talk, no thanks. I say this as a HUGE fan of his while he was here.

Of course he still holds Winnipeg in high regard. Those we’re the best days of his career.

The Jets roster needs reconstruction, not reassembling the old band that didn’t work.

You don’t want to see how Perfetti and Laine might play together?

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Would you rank someone that has averaged 28 points per season over those 220 games higher than a 3C?
It's hard to say with the development curve...straight from draft into a starting role, you can get the Burmistrov slide, or maybe another chance somewhere else. He was 2nd in C minutes last year on the team, but so was Adam Lowry. Not my hill to die on, I just think you can't write off players too young...21 isn't a fully mature age for most hockey players...luckily Chevy is the one making deals.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wonder if we could pull something off like this, we'd only take on about 2 mil which is doable:

Rutger + Iafallo for Laine @ 6mil + Mateychuk

We have a glut of bottom 6 guys so I think we'd give up AI because of his contract (I want guys like Kupari or AJF on the 4th line with their speed and forecheck)

Little less hopeful on landing a guy like Mateychuk after hearing from our Columbus friends, seems like they'd probably counter with a guy like Sillinger

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Wonder if we could pull something off like this, we'd only take on about 2 mil which is doable:

We have a glut of bottom 6 guys so I think we'd give up AI because of his contract (I want guys like Kupari or AJF on the 4th line with their speed and forecheck)

Little less hopeful on landing a guy like Mateychuk after hearing from our Columbus friends, seems like they'd probably counter with a guy like Sillinger
I'd happily turn Rutger and Iafallo into Laine and one of Sillinger, Mateychuk or Jiricek. I'd even be willing to add to make it work

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He may not have signed it but he would be trading for it...

You would be okay with Scheif or Helle or KFC etc... getting pissed off because Helle is making more than any of them?
It's hard to see anyone (maybe KFC) getting more than what Scheif and Helle are making for the near future.

Not sure that is a real thing - but if it is it should go away with the retention that would surely be part of the deal.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
As for all the Laine talk, no thanks. I say this as a HUGE fan of his while he was here.

Of course he still holds Winnipeg in high regard. Those we’re the best days of his career.

The Jets roster needs reconstruction, not reassembling the old band that didn’t work.

For all the no thanks, no Laine talk - it all depends on how much CBJ pays us to take him.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I would 100% be on board with McGroarty + Schmidt/Pionk for Laine and Jiricek, plus whatever it takes to balance it out. I miss Laine in a Jets jersey, the team immediately becomes twice as exciting if he's back and I would go to so many more games. I wouldn't mind Roslovic back at minimum wage, either.

Reactions: Buffdog

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

If they’re not willing to meet one of our needs for a high end defense prospect then move on.

Personally I’d rather Jiricek but that’s not likely to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad