All Purpose Tickets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm not claiming to have the definitive solution here, but at the same time...the Preds organization has to be kidding themselves thinking that if they restrict away fans from buying tickets without buying another game, that the locals are just gonna gobble up the remainders no? I just don't get cutting off a part of the life blood of revenue from out of town guests willing to spend money in this state. It's almost like the morons who select the teams for the Music City Bowl every year and a lot of the times pick a local team instead of inviting more out of town tax dollars and money from other states.

This is a good hockey market, with a horrible TV contract deal and little to no publicity from the local media outlets (TV and radio) where they need it the most. If I were the Preds...that's the first thing they need to fix, even though they haven't cared to address it after 15 years...here's hoping.

actually yes, the local will buy the tickets. we have been selling out regularly for the last couple of years and so especially for a game against Chicago I expect any tickets not bought by chicago fans as a result of this plan will in fact be bought by locals

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I'm not claiming to have the definitive solution here, but at the same time...the Preds organization has to be kidding themselves thinking that if they restrict away fans from buying tickets without buying another game, that the locals are just gonna gobble up the remainders no? I just don't get cutting off a part of the life blood of revenue from out of town guests willing to spend money in this state. It's almost like the morons who select the teams for the Music City Bowl every year and a lot of the times pick a local team instead of inviting more out of town tax dollars and money from other states.

This is a good hockey market, with a horrible TV contract deal and little to no publicity from the local media outlets (TV and radio) where they need it the most. If I were the Preds...that's the first thing they need to fix, even though they haven't cared to address it after 15 years...here's hoping.

Unfortunately that's different ... the Bowl Selection Committee is slotted into a certain position from the Conferences they're affiliated with, Vanderbilt just so happened to fall into that ranking/positioning that the MCB had to take them. I agree the TV contract does need to be upped, but with the ratings we've been drawing, it seems like everyone is at a bar to watch the game instead of at home (with a stupid Nielsen's TV Rating box)

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I agree the TV contract does need to be upped, but with the ratings we've been drawing, it seems like everyone is at a bar to watch the game instead of at home (with a stupid Nielsen's TV Rating box)

I truly hope it does. They are missing the golden opportunity to appeal to the mass market in this state if they could somehow get off Fox Sports South, and onto the local Fox 17 Channel or something of that nature. By doing so they reach more people, including the family market who for discussion's sake, can't afford cable or whatnot, who can really grow into huge hockey fans themselves with either family or friends.

Also the Preds really need to get off the majority of home games being on Tuesdays & Thursdays thing, this is one of the few markets I've seen that never seem to have any Friday night home games, I think that would prove to be worth it for them, but again, that's just my take.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I truly hope it does. They are missing the golden opportunity to appeal to the mass market in this state if they could somehow get off Fox Sports South, and onto the local Fox 17 Channel or something of that nature. By doing so they reach more people, including the family market who for discussion's sake, can't afford cable or whatnot, who can really grow into huge hockey fans themselves with either family or friends.

Also the Preds really need to get off the majority of home games being on Tuesdays & Thursdays thing, this is one of the few markets I've seen that never seem to have any Friday night home games, I think that would prove to be worth it for them, but again, that's just my take.

Moving to a network affiliate would put Preds games in direct competition for airtime with network programming. There is a reason why most teams have their primary local TV agreement with a regional sports channel and not a network affiliate.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

I doubt the Preds have the ability to change their games from Tues/Thurs...... I imagine the NHL just hands them their schedule. The only thing that teams seem to be able to influence is their start time. It is seemingly from 7-8 pm local time depending on the team. The random other start times have to do with major time coverage--- which we get so sporadic to make it non existent.

As far as having to buy the second ticket, I have heard a few rumblings that it doesn't apply to sth wanting more tickets, just out of town people. So it doesn't penalize sth or people here

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My only concern: if I wanted to just go to a Preds game - any one over a weekend where I'd be off - I might get "forced" to buy two tickets because I happen to be in a Zip Code that would scream either "Blackhawks fanbase" or "Wild fanbase".

Or you could get one of your friends to buy tickets for you at, perhaps, her STH discount. Or something.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I doubt the Preds have the ability to change their games from Tues/Thurs...... I imagine the NHL just hands them their schedule. The only thing that teams seem to be able to influence is their start time. It is seemingly from 7-8 pm local time depending on the team. The random other start times have to do with major time coverage--- which we get so sporadic to make it non existent.

As far as having to buy the second ticket, I have heard a few rumblings that it doesn't apply to sth wanting more tickets, just out of town people. So it doesn't penalize sth or people here

I read one time that the teams starting on the :30 mark were typically BIG cities and it was due to traffic considerations.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
My only concern: if I wanted to just go to a Preds game - any one over a weekend where I'd be off - I might get "forced" to buy two tickets because I happen to be in a Zip Code that would scream either "Blackhawks fanbase" or "Wild fanbase".

There is the Ambassador Club links in years past at STH prices w/ minimal Ticketmaster fees... Not sure if it'll work this season or not with the zip code issue but worth bookmarking just in case. DM me if you want to use the link and I'll provide the password.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I gotta' laugh over this whole thing. Sports try anything and everything to keep their name in the news and sell more tix. Tix schemes aren't new: Penn State - want the good games like a MI or OSU, you buy an Indiana type or non-conf game, too. FL discounts football games that aren't GA and SC, etc.

Preds are selling these first to sth, then to local fans, then the extended-local fans, then opening it up - all it's gonna' do is keep the blackhawk bandwagoneers from grabbing our reasonably-priced compared to United Center tix the first second they're avail and give our fans a few days of breathing to order theirs.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Exactly, Deanwormer. If the building can be reasonably full of Preds fans for a Tuesday night game against the Flames in February, then I think the marketing team can probably get enough folks to Bridgestone to see a game against Chicago. They may not make as much money, but Preds fans will have a better experience. From the people I've spoken with, mostly casual fans, going to a Preds game and having it turn into a Chicago home game didn't sit too well. That wasn't the kind of atmosphere they remembered from other games they'd attended and it made one say she didn't really want to go to more now--she'd just watch on TV. And there were others who would have gone if they'd been offered any sort of deal. I think it gave the impression that our team would rather make more money off the visitors than bring in our own fan base.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
These things get media attention. Up here in the great northern nowhere of Wisconsin, I mentioned to a guy I'm a Preds fan, and he immediately commented on the ticket thing. It's publicity.

NorthAlPredfan

Dec 18, 2010
Huntsville, Al
I think this is a bunch of junk. What about people who live too far away to do a 15 game ticket package or season tickets and can only afford to go to one or two a year? I got laid off last year and finally got back to work but don't make what I used to so if I was able to save up for a game I would want to do a good one like Chicago but there's probably no way to afford tix for two games right now. I'd just have to go and watch a lesser team right now. I know in the past they've done the premium pricing and was OK with that but another ticket? Come on! Totally ridiculous!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I think this is a bunch of junk. What about people who live too far away to do a 15 game ticket package or season tickets and can only afford to go to one or two a year? I got laid off last year and finally got back to work but don't make what I used to so if I was able to save up for a game I would want to do a good one like Chicago but there's probably no way to afford tix for two games right now. I'd just have to go and watch a lesser team right now. I know in the past they've done the premium pricing and was OK with that but another ticket? Come on! Totally ridiculous!

Totally ridiculous would be if the team made decisions based on the least profitable concept. The fact is that Hawks fans do travel to Nashville in groups because tickets cost less on Broadway than on Madison. The team decided to maximize profitability on those traveling fans while Preds season ticket holders (and friends of STHs who capitalize on those STH accounts) are not impacted.

Skygazer

Jul 18, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Publicity is the name of the game, that deal wasn't going to keep Chicago fans at home.

I'm a Chicago fan and was working to put a group together to go down. We did try to work with the Preds group ticket sales, but had no interest in the offer that was put out. I secured tickets at a very, very good price on secondary market.

I'm looking forward to visiting Nashville for the game, I love the city and think it's always a great time.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Even if you didn't buy your tickets directly through the Predators, the tickets were sold and that's the bottom line.

Also, I didn't think individual tickets went on sale until next month. Sooo, ummm yeah, there's that part of it...

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Even if you didn't buy your tickets directly through the Predators.

Also, I didn't think individual tickets went on sale until next month. Sooo, ummm yeah, there's that part of it...

Im guessing STH's can go ahead and list their tix on ticketexchange, otherwise there is no way to sell them this early

Im also wondering if STH's are able to request paper tickets rather than the credit card because that would be the only way to sell them on stubhub or any of the non-ticketmaster markets

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Im guessing STH's can go ahead and list their tix on ticketexchange, otherwise there is no way to sell them this early

Im also wondering if STH's are able to request paper tickets rather than the credit card because that would be the only way to sell them on stubhub or any of the non-ticketmaster markets

I am a Half STH and from what I have been told, our accounts have not been updated with our new tickets yet.

edit:

Apparently in the last few days the tickets have appeared on my account and there are tickets already listed on the ticket exchange.

And honestly if it weren't for my cousin wanting to see the Chicago games, I would probably sell my tickets to all 3 Chicago games as I don't care if I see a Chicago game or not. The in game experience from the Chicago game I have been to live was the worst that I have ever experienced at Bridgestone. I'd rather see the Flames play.

Last edited:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hate to go all Grammar Nazi on ya, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine & has been for a while.
I am a Half STH and from what I have been told, our accounts have not been updated with our new tickets yet.

edit:

Apparently in the last few days the tickets have appeared on my account and there are tickets already listed on the ticket exchange.

And honestly if it weren't for my cousin wanting to see the Chicago games, I would probably sell my tickets to all 3 Chicago games as I could careless if I saw a Chicago game or not. The in game experience from the Chicago game I have been to live was the worst that I have ever experienced at Bridgestone. I'd rather see the Flames play.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/could-care-less-versus-couldnt-care-less?page=all

2462194-the-more-you-know.png

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Sorry. It's fixed. But it is not like I am typing up a memo to someone. I have seen alot worse on here.

BTW. You didn't offend me, I just didn't mean to offend you.

Just be glad you didn't incorrectly use "begs the question" or I would have been all over it :sarcasm:

I have no problem with the plan. I do think it is funny how many outsiders, especially non-Hawks fans, got pissed off. :laugh:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Just be glad you didn't incorrectly use "begs the question" or I would have been all over it :sarcasm:

I have no problem with the plan. I do think it is funny how many outsiders, especially non-Hawks fans, got pissed off. :laugh:

Buffalo was one of the first teams to do this ... You didn't see Leafs fans losing there minds, the way Hawks fans have.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad