Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XVI

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a monster. Mpetshi Perricard, he of the two first serves, won Basel, a 500 level tournament, with humongous serving (several in the low 240 km/h range), even injuring slightly Shelton's right wrist with one of them. For the match, Shelton only managed to put in play 23 of 62 serves. Mpetshi Perricard is the highest ranked server on tour (an astounding 9.5 out of 10). Even with exclusively first serving, he only had two double faults for the match. His approach to serving may represent a new evolution of the game. The rest of his game isn't great, but he seldom makes mistakes (35-9 w/ue ratio).

Last edited:
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What a monster. Mpetshi Perricard, he of the two first serves, won Basel, a 500 level tournament, with humongous serving (several in the low 240 km/h range), even injuring slightly Shelton's right wrist with one of them. For the match, Shelton only managed to put in play 23 of 62 serves. Mpetshi Perricard is the highest ranked server on tour (an astounding 9.5 out of 10). Even with exclusively first serving, he only had two double faults for the match. His approach to serving may represent a new evolution of the game. The rest of his game isn't great, but he seldom makes mistakes (35-9 w/ue ratio).

If he legit develops any sort of ground game, he'll be tremendous. Your best hope of winning a set off the dude is tiebreak every time. His serve is nonsensical lol

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Up to 6-4, 4-love against Khachanov, Draper looked like a top-5 player in waiting. Then nerves go to him, and he quickly blew his lead. However, he just managed to get over the finish line 7-5 to win his second and most important title in Vienna.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad