Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Not a bad day to pick up though. You'll either be watching the deciding rubber, or likely watch Denis and Felix play dead rubbers.

Yeah. I was hoping Raonic would be slated second, and more likely to swap in Felix if they secured the victory. Either way, I'm happy I have a chance to attend while I can and it's an incredible roster to watch.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That's why it was so important for Denis to have that comeback last night. The Dutch doubles team is very good. Just need to win one tomorrow!

Reactions: Loosie

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight and MMC
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So we've all been waiting for a Top Spin 4 successor but 2K gave up on that franchise. But luckily we have AO International Tennis and World Tour Tennis. The reviews I've read weren't good. But has anyone played either of them? Which one do you prefer? For starters, I prefer AO since it's Rafa on the cover lol.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The final singles match starts in ten minutes. Hoping for a win in the first match for Canada so that Felix can play the second.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Ramos gave a code violation to Cilic for slamming his racket. No argument from Cilic. No controversy at the end.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He's not exactly graceful at the best of times but right now he's almost unwatchable

Milos wins the first set in a breaker but is playing like garbage. The Dutch guy is playing really well.

Last edited:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
They announced shortly afterwards. There was a fair bit of confusion. I would have preferred to see Denis or Felix play, but, I'll take watching the a Davis Cup win on home soil given how the news format means this may not happen anytime soon.

I turned it off partway through the third and recorded it. I'm glad you went, I went in 92 up at York and it was so much fun to be able to yell and scream and cheer like it's a hockey game.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
So we've all been waiting for a Top Spin 4 successor but 2K gave up on that franchise. But luckily we have AO International Tennis and World Tour Tennis. The reviews I've read weren't good. But has anyone played either of them? Which one do you prefer? For starters, I prefer AO since it's Rafa on the cover lol.

Obviously not a tennis sim, but the new Mario Tennis game is great.

member 305909

Umpires may boycott Serena Williams matches after outburst at US Open final

Umpires are considering refusing to officiate matches involving Serena Williams, such is the level of discontent over the treatment of Carlos Ramos during and after the US Open final.

The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) and United States Tennis Association (USTA) have backed Williams’ claims of sexism after she was given a game penalty for her behaviour during her straight-sets defeat by Naomi Osaka, of Japan, on Saturday.

If Serena had won the match I think she would have announced retirement in front of her home-crowd. It would have been fitting for her to end her long career as a winner. Now she will go on a little bit longer as no doubt she wants to retire as a winner.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Shapovalov will play his first round match today in St. Petersburg.

Which he won in straight sets.

Denis only has 55 points to defend the rest of the season and he's got a busy schedule coming up. If he can have a good fall then he could really climb the rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: MsMeow

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Denis really shit the bed today against Klizan. Denis was serving for the match at 5-4 in the second but got broken and went on to lose the next 5 games and couldn't recover in the 3rd.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

So looks like no Nadal for the Asian swing. If I'm guessing, he probably won't play again this season.

Djokovic only about 1000 points behind him in the race, so Novak looking like the favorite right now for YE#1.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix played his first match since that emotional, scary retirement against Denis at the USO. He is in qualifying at the 250 in Chengdu. He won easily. One win away from qualifying.

member 305909

Djokovic has won both Wimbledon and US open but yet he is only ranked #3. I wonder has this ever happened before. Winning those two tournaments in the same year has usually meant that you reign supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium