Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v17.0

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Moore had a goal called off in the game. Minnesota is much stronger this year with Matthew Wood transferring but some guys numbers will be slightly down from last year.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I haven't seen any film but does Ty Henry getting to 7 assists in 11 games this year mean anything? He had 7 assists in 54 games last year.

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Hawks really have no forwards at all in their system outside of Bedard that are clearly capable of top 6. It's still early on Boisvert, Kantserov has an outside shot but Nazar and Moore look to be misses in that dept.

Im not a Moore guy either honestly but I still think he’ll be a good 3C. I preferred Perreault.
I wanted Musty

KD is prioritizing skating over production and I hate it.

• Haha
Reactions: clydesdale line

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Don't count Moore out yet. He has the skating ability which is the single most important thing to stick in the modern NHL. With this year and next in college, he'll start to pull it all together. I'd expect 50 points from him next season.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
Hawks really have no forwards at all in their system outside of Bedard that are capable of top 6.

Nazar absolutely has 2C potential. Boisvert too if he hits his ceiling.

I like Moore's potential and am a fan of that pick, but I see him more as a shutdown 3C... which will be great to have.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I subbed to ESPN+ today so I can watch tonight's Hawks game (and the game on Nov 21st), and while having the subscription, read this recent list from them about the top 50 drafted prospects.

Lev is 2nd, Korchinski (who they are listing as a prospect here because he's back in Rockford) is 19th, Frank is 29th, and Moore is 34th. 4 guys in the top 34. Not too shabby.

and Rinzel might be better than all of them (eventually)

not a knock on any of the big 4

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Nazar absolutely has 2C potential. Boisvert too if he hits his ceiling.

I like Moore's potential and am a fan of that pick, but I see him more as a shutdown 3C... which will be great to have.
The production just isn't there at the NCAA level for Moore and Nazar that suggests they're top 6 players.

I completely understand Pronman's view on Nazar.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
The production just isn't there at the NCAA level for Moore and Nazar that suggests they're top 6 players.

I completely understand Pronman's view on Nazar.
I didn't say Moore was a top 6 player.

Nazar had a major injury. Does he not get some slack for that? Judge him based off what he does or doesn't do this year in Rockford.

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I didn't say Moore was a top 6 player.

Nazar had a major injury. Does he not get some slack for that? Judge him based off what he does or doesn't do this year in Rockford.
He deserved slack for the few games he came back in spring '23 but he was like 6th in scoring on that Michigan team last year. ppg at the NCAA level for a forward is not that good. McGroarty significantly outproduced him, and he struggled to start the year and got sent down.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
He deserved slack for the few games he came back in spring '23 but he was like 6th in scoring on that Michigan team last year. ppg at the NCAA level for a forward is not that good. McGroarty significantly outproduced him, and he struggled to start the year and got sent down.

I'm not going to claim to be an experiment on Michigan hockey... but wasn't he pushed down to PP2 and second line duties because of how stacked they were?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

McGroarty got gifted top ice time and PP1 time in college not to mention better linemates. Nazar didn't. You know, some context is key to these things.

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
McGroarty got gifted top ice time and PP1 time in college not to mention better linemates. Nazar didn't. You know, some context is key to these things.
I am aware of these things. But that says he wasn't one of the best forwards on the team.

Idk but I feel like the Hawks are the next Sabres right now. It feels like they wasted all of their draft capital.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Context? Yes. And also some common sense.

McGroarty was sent to the AHL affiliate of the Penguins after playing 3 NHL games. He's pointless in 3 games with Wilkes-Barre. Marco Kasper is in the AHL and Cutter Gauthier recently had an in-game demotion and is sitting on 2 assists in 6 games. These are 20 year olds.

I have not watched Minnesota games this season(Did so quite a bit last season) so I cannot comment intelligently on Oliver Moore but based on highlights and box scores he's centering two freshmen(Brodie Ziemer and Beckett Hendrickson) on his line. I'm guessing the Gophers coach is placing trust in Moore with that responsibility.

Jimmy Snuggerud has 1 more assist than Moore while playing with upperclassmen. Will Smith with zero points in 6 for the Sharks.

Progress for prospects is not linear.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm not going to claim to be an experiment on Michigan hockey... but wasn't he pushed down to PP2 and second line duties because of how stacked they were?
Yeah. Naurato had him playing a large variety of roles while McGroarty was stapled to PP1 and Brindley.

Nazar played with older players taking PK and matchup roles.

Reactions: GIADF

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
So much neuroticism meanwhile the hawks are still firmly in the tank/asset collection stage of a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad