Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
3 decisions stillness to be made:

1.The Lev back to MSU or signELC now and send to Rockford decision.

My thoughts: Back to MSU 1 more season forc2 reasons:

i) to allow more stagger between his 2nd contract and Bedard's...if they sign him now then only 1 season separates big pay increase between Bedard and Lev 2nd contracts..Sending him back to MSU adds a further year of stagger for the big cap hits expected for these extentions that any GM must consider planning for infuture cap allocation.

ii) Rockford D corps will be crowded as is ...expect KK sent down to play big minutes all situations and to "develop" better reads and more physicality...

KK Allan
EdM Crevier
Phillips D.J.King
X (7th D) =?

2.The Connor Kelley decision..do not see that he signed ELC yet..I think they have to Aug.15th to decide...do not know if hesigns a nAHL contract with Rockford if Hawks don't sign him or goes elsewhere.

If he signs with Hawks or just anAHL deal in Rockford , he would eitger be 7th D in Rockford or 6th with vet D.J King as 7th D.

3. The Martin Misiak decision..go back tohis Jr club or to AHL in Rockford?
My thoughts:
Given crowded forwards group in Rockford best he goes back to his Jr.club in the OHL...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

i) to allow more stagger between his 2nd contract and Bedard's...if they sign him now then only 1 season separates
Pretty sure the contract will slide if he doesn't play in the NHL this year, or plays less than 10 NHL games. So don't have to worry about that.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

i) to allow more stagger between his 2nd contract and Bedard's...if they sign him now then only 1 season separates big pay increase between Bedard and Lev 2nd contracts..Sending him back to MSU adds a further year of stagger for the big cap hits expected for these extentions that any GM must consider planning for infuture cap allocation.

ii) Rockford D corps will be crowded as is ...expect KK sent down to play big minutes all situations and to "develop" better reads and more physicality...

KK Allan
EdM Crevier
Phillips D.J.King
X (7th D) =?

2.The Connor Kelley decision..do not see that he signed ELC yet..I think they have to Aug.15th to decide...do not know if hesigns a nAHL contract with Rockford if Hawks don't sign him or goes elsewhere.

If he signs with Hawks or just anAHL deal in Rockford , he would eitger be 7th D in Rockford or 6th with vet D.J King as 7th D.

3. The Martin Misiak decision..go back tohis Jr club or to AHL in Rockford?
My thoughts:
Given crowded forwards group in Rockford best he goes back to his Jr.club in the OHL...
Was wondering about Connor Kelley, him not being at prospect camp(Basse and Gorman as well) probably means no future with the Hawks

eklund2chicago

Jan 19, 2021
Those of you who watch the NCAA. How did Oliver Moore look this year? The production looks decent but guess I was expecting a bit Moore :)

And what should be expected going into the next season? Over a point per game and a big role for the American team in the WJC?

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Those of you who watch the NCAA. How did Oliver Moore look this year? The production looks decent but guess I was expecting a bit Moore :)

And what should be expected going into the next season? Over a point per game and a big role for the American team in the WJC?
He started slow but was really good after returning from the WJC. He wasn't on the top powerplay unit for most of the year and Minnesota didn't score a ton as a team, but he was a consistent factor in the ~10-15 games I caught at least a part of, even when he didn't get on the scoresheet. It would be disappointing if he didn't take a step forward in production but I think his freshman year was overall pretty strong and barring injury he will be a lock for a spot on the WJC team this year. I don't think he will be a focal point but if they use him as a wing I think he has a good chance to contribute in the top six and on the PK.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
He started slow but was really good after returning from the WJC. He wasn't on the top powerplay unit for most of the year and Minnesota didn't score a ton as a team, but he was a consistent factor in the ~10-15 games I caught at least a part of, even when he didn't get on the scoresheet. It would be disappointing if he didn't take a step forward in production but I think his freshman year was overall pretty strong and barring injury he will be a lock for a spot on the WJC team this year. I don't think he will be a focal point but if they use him as a wing I think he has a good chance to contribute in the top six and on the PK.
Agreed. Here's a bit of color(The stats include exhibition games so they won't match final totals)...

Pre-WJC: 19 games, 4 goals, 10 assists, +8. During this time he played left wing and center and by my count had 5 different linemates. The plays were there, either Moore was not finishing and the same held for teammates on his set-ups so he could have had more points.

Post-WJC: 11 games, 5 goals, 12 assists, +15. After the WJC, he centered Snuggerud and Pitlick and the line was hot. Not that I agree with it, but I believe both Wheeler and Powers of The Athletic had Moore as their #1 prospect ahead of Nazar at this point. This production occurred with just a sniff of time on PP #1.

Stretch Run: 9 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, -4. The top line goes cold and Pitlick is moved off the line. All three had a severe drop in production. Snuggerud still had his looks but nothing. During one late season game the Minny color commentator felt that Snuggerud had to be injured.

Moore played with very little #1 PP time last year. With Pitlick and Snuggerud returning and the transfer addition of Matthew Wood, that may still be the case. I do see him as getting a regular turn on the PK due to some upperclassmen moving on. As a freshman, he defferred a lot to his linemates and I don't see that as happening as much this comming season. Expect him to increase his goal total as he has a good shot while on the move. He'll also take face-offs at key moments late in the game with the loss of Jaxon Nelson.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad