Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Read this article on the Hawks site,

BLOG: Commesso, Kaiser and Slaggert Competing in U.S. Summer Showcase

and it led me to

2021 World Junior Summer Showcase

which led me to

HockeyTV

where we can watch Commesso, Kaiser and Slaggert play today.
Commesso the likely starter come tourney. All 3 should make the team as well.

Connor Kelley is also at camp. Very nice to see a late pick like him at camp- likely very little shot to make this team (team USA's defense is stacked), but the fact that he is there shows that pick could be a real steal...

Last edited:

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Raty would have been a way better pick then who we took in the end of the first. A guy with #6/7 upside at 31 just makes no sense. my guess is our 3rd and 4th round D end up better then our 1st rounder.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Why do you say Allan is onlyvax6/7 ceiling?

If Murohy isxa 3/4 andvheccan't sjate,is nitcagile,can't hold the line and can't get pucks out butAlkan does alk that well then is Allan 's ceiling for a shutdown D realky just a 6/7 or also ax3 ...but if he usxa 3 then Murphy is a 6 ...so did we not actually improve the D ceiling down the line?

This numbering if D men is stupid if it means by pouts or role...I get it if it indicates minutesxpkayedxNd agaivst top lines or bottom lines to defendcagaibst

But I'd S Jones is ax1D because of minutes and which lines he iscon agaibst,it still is a worthless 1D if we get the Swoth Jones who was -18 and -5.8 goals against compared to replacement.

Ratger itvis mirevimortant that for any number of minutes pkayed or agaivst any line,our Dman is Comoetent,Conoeting,and engaged...

I do not care what number you assign hom...as long as incompetence is kept to a minimum.

Goitachokdcthevline...not back in or waivecstock in a feeble attempt at checking...gotta seal into the boards and remove puck from the puck carriers...gotta be in proper labevpisition to block passes and in proper alignment to block shots...gotta be physical not soft...gotta exit well or clear well...can't do tgese basic defending items?Then do not carevufvhourxarex1D irc6D ...you are incompetent abd shoukd not be on our D at any position.

I want competence not number status.

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Commesso the likely starter come tourney. All 3 should make the team as well.

Connor Kelley is also at camp. Very nice to see a late pick like him at camp- likely very little shot to make this team (team USA's defense is stacked), but the fact that he is there shows that pick could be a real steal...

When does the tournament start?

Edit: Ignore this. I'm exhausted and brain dead. Leaving it for the idiocy of my comment tho

Reactions: AmericanDream

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Raty would have been a way better pick then who we took in the end of the first. A guy with #6/7 upside at 31 just makes no sense. my guess is our 3rd and 4th round D end up better then our 1st rounder.
I'm not even a fan of Raty, but he's still better than anyone we drafted.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Why do you say Allan is onlyvax6/7 ceiling?

If Murohy isxa 3/4 andvheccan't sjate,is nitcagile,can't hold the line and can't get pucks out butAlkan does alk that well then is Allan 's ceiling for a shutdown D realky just a 6/7 or also ax3 ...but if he usxa 3 then Murphy is a 6 ...so did we not actually improve the D ceiling down the line?

This numbering if D men is stupid if it means by pouts or role...I get it if it indicates minutesxpkayedxNd agaivst top lines or bottom lines to defendcagaibst

But I'd S Jones is ax1D because of minutes and which lines he iscon agaibst,it still is a worthless 1D if we get the Swoth Jones who was -18 and -5.8 goals against compared to replacement.

Ratger itvis mirevimortant that for any number of minutes pkayed or agaivst any line,our Dman is Comoetent,Conoeting,and engaged...

I do not care what number you assign hom...as long as incompetence is kept to a minimum.

Goitachokdcthevline...not back in or waivecstock in a feeble attempt at checking...gotta seal into the boards and remove puck from the puck carriers...gotta be in proper labevpisition to block passes and in proper alignment to block shots...gotta be physical not soft...gotta exit well or clear well...can't do tgese basic defending items?Then do not carevufvhourxarex1D irc6D ...you are incompetent abd shoukd not be on our D at any position.

I want competence not number status.

For me you usually need to have at least one above AVG NHL skill to be a top 4 type D. (not always but most times) He has pretty good size, but nothing Extradinary. OK skater, poor OFF, Pretty solid DEF. Sounds like stillman to me and he is not a top 4 D. Again I could be wrong. When you read his traits it screams 3-4 round not 1st.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Are the Hawks participating in any Rookies Tornament this September?

They are not at Traverse City ...which has only 4 NHL teams sending a Rockies team tgere...Hawks not one if thise 4 teams.

So are we sending a team to a different tournament or are we so depleted of forwards sigbrd qualifying as rookies that we just cannot put together a team to send to any Rookies Tournament?

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Are the Hawks participating in any Rookies Tornament this September?

They are not at Traverse City ...which has only 4 NHL teams sending a Rockies team tgere...Hawks not one if thise 4 teams.

So are we sending a team to a different tournament or are we so depleted of forwards sigbrd qualifying as rookies that we just cannot put together a team to send to any Rookies Tournament?

I believe theyre doing something with minnesota this year and next instead.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Imagine having Rossi, Strome, and Khusnutdinov down the middle and Wallstedt in net.
Right, he can't stay in Chicagos' lineup, but he's capable of being their second line center.

What color is the sky in your world?

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad