All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread: NWA, IMPACT, AAA, and MLW, etc

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Who is Atlantis Jr? I noticed he has a belt in ROH
He is one of the biggest stars for CMLL (in part because he is the son of Atlantis, a legit legend and one of the biggest stars in lucha history. He is also very good in the ring so he isn't just a guy coasting on his name and deserves his position (think Rey Jr/Dom or El Santo/El Hijo Del Santo).) His dad had a Mask vs Mask match vs Villano III in 2000 that is one of the greatest matches in lucha history and the only one in history to win WON MOTY.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He is one of the biggest stars for CMLL (in part because he is the son of Atlantis, a legit legend and one of the biggest stars in lucha history. He is also very good in the ring so he isn't just a guy coasting on his name and deserves his position (think Rey Jr/Dom or El Santo/El Hijo Del Santo).) His dad had a Mask vs Mask match vs Villano III in 2000 that is one of the greatest matches in lucha history and the only one in history to win WON MOTY.

will def watch this match and look up some of the sons stuff, ty

Reactions: sabremike

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yes MLW in less than 20 hours. Going to get tickets for their October event this week. I just realized I can probably go to TNA and NXT shows since they do alot of stuff in Orlando 😂😂😂

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
IMG_7322.png

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
If any of you are interested, Prestige Wrestling is doing their first arena show and putting it live on youtube for free tonight at 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern. Pretty great card tonight too. Prestige regularly draws really big crowds in Portland (upwards of 1000 for the Roseland shows and likely over that tonight) and other areas on the west coast. It's free and you all should watch because it's a really cool promotion, trying really hard to put on excellent wrestling cards on a regular basis. I'll be there in person with my youngest son, who will be going to his first pro wrestling live show. Pretty stoked.

Its got a great card too:

Six Way Scramble Match
LaBron Kozone vs. Sonico vs. Starboy Charlie vs. Titus Alexander vs. JAIDEN vs. BK Westbrook

Singles Match
Kylie Rae vs. Amira

Singles Match
Drexl vs. Danhausen

Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley

Singles Match
Athena vs. Masha Slamovich

Singles Match
Shelton Benjamin vs. Mike Santana

Singles Match
Roderick Strong vs. Timothy Thatcher

Singles Match
Amazing Red vs. Lio Rush

Prestige Tag Team Title Four Way Match
Sinner And Saint (Judas Icarus & Travis Williams) (c) vs. C4 (Cody Chhun & Guillermo Rosas) vs. Midnight Heat (Eddie Pearl & Ricky Gibson) vs. MxM (Mansoor & Mason Madden)

Prestige Title Street Fight
Alan Angels (c) vs. Evil Uno

Reactions: tank44 and Fro

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
MLW was fun. Kinda funny to see one of Riddles babies sleeping in a baby carrier/car seat under his merch table.

Had to buy this from AJ Francis for a photo

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpeg
    IMG_2966.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well that f***ing ruled. Holy shit.

Still gotta do Giulia vs. Sareee

Amazing video packages and I don’t know Japanese

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sareee wins the Crimson Belt by referee stoppage when she put Giulia in the Fujiwara armbar and pulled off the wrist guard. Kind of a shock end but they kept kicking out of each other’s finish, and Giulia played up her despondence great. She’s saying it’s not over, but she said earlier today that she won’t be there much longer. Sareee has been calling herself the ace with Giulia out, so Giulia did not want the inaugural champion to be an outsider.

Iyo Sky was here to be Io Shirai. Top rope poison ranas and tombstones. The pre match video really put over that this was Utami’s dream come true. Great post match of Iyo putting Utami over after beating her. Both came out in QQ masks.

Two incredible matches at the end of what was already a great show to that point. Probably the two best women’s matches I’ve seen. I don’t know what price I will pay today for it but it’s worth it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

These are the best wrestlers on earth

The other thing that happened was Mai Sakurai getting knocked out and trying to figure out how to get her out the ring. She did come back.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This was the video package that was great. There wasn’t much to the press conference. I didn’t need to know Japanese for it to get over, the Daydream Believer cover playing over it was enough.

It’s also the only place and scenario this could happen.

One of the reasons it worked is because Utami was fighting Nanae Takahashi in the main event that day, and she’s doing the ‘Passion Injection’ gimmick, which in Stardom was for her and others to up their level of, well, passion, and intensity, and is doing it again in Marigold. So it just played off that she was ready for this.

Anyone watch the AJ/Marufuji match yet?
I’d like to get to it, I downloaded wrestle universe for the Marigold show, but I haven’t played around to see if I’m on the free trial. The only Marifuji match I’ve seen was when he fought Okada for the IWGP title after he beat him in the G1

He did give a good summation about 5-star matches that I’ve been saying for a while now.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Giulia has legit everything to be a massive star in North America.

Also God damn is Sareee good. Some of those suplexes were real nasty looking. Ladies were beating the shit out of each other

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Between this and her match vs Bayley, Io is putting together a strong 2024.

Need to get her a big feud or let her wrestle Saree to round out her year

Giulia has legit everything to be a massive star in North America.

Also God damn is Sareee good. Some of those suplexes were real nasty looking. Ladies were beating the shit out of each other

Sareee is having the best run since returning to Japan, though Iyo got a chance to prove why she is too. Sareee just gets to do it more often. She’s probably pulled ahead of Mayu with this one as Mayu’s last big match got called off.

She’s doing Giulia’s stuff better than Giulia. She’s now world champion in two promotions and may add a third in Sukeban before long, not sure they can get that booked before Arisa Nakajima retires. Character work is undersold, she’s been wearing the black hat in Marigold.

She’s going to be on the Sendai Girls show in a couple days where Saori Anno is trying to get Stardom’s white belt back from Mika Iwata, and the winner may drop it to Natsupoi, who has a date coming up where she’s teaming with Sareee, which is hilarious for Rossy that he’s going to have his champion all over shows Stardom is doing business with.

Marigold also announced their new round robin tournament, and announced a big show for January 3, which may go head to head with Stardom.

Stardom needs to be on the phone with Tony trying to figure out how to do Mayu vs. Mercedes again, that’s the only match they can do that can stack up to either of the two they just had or whatever else they can put together. I have to think Paul will be willing to send Bayley over soon enough.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sareee is having the best run since returning to Japan, though Iyo got a chance to prove why she is too. Sareee just gets to do it more often. She’s probably pulled ahead of Mayu with this one as Mayu’s last big match got called off.

She’s doing Giulia’s stuff better than Giulia. She’s now world champion in two promotions and may add a third in Sukeban before long, not sure they can get that booked before Arisa Nakajima retires. Character work is undersold, she’s been wearing the black hat in Marigold.

She’s going to be on the Sendai Girls show in a couple days where Saori Anno is trying to get Stardom’s white belt back from Mika Iwata, and the winner may drop it to Natsupoi, who has a date coming up where she’s teaming with Sareee, which is hilarious for Rossy that he’s going to have his champion all over shows Stardom is doing business with.

Marigold also announced their new round robin tournament, and announced a big show for January 3, which may go head to head with Stardom.

Stardom needs to be on the phone with Tony trying to figure out how to do Mayu vs. Mercedes again, that’s the only match they can do that can stack up to either of the two they just had or whatever else they can put together. I have to think Paul will be willing to send Bayley over soon enough.

She did say she wanted Io...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad