All-Purpose News Thread Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Sir, what is on your wrestling resume? Nothing, I was a college athlete but not good enough to go pro and someone suggested I attempt to learn wrestling. Excellent, we are always looking for new talent so lets start you in our developmental brand NXT.

Sirs, what is on your wrestling resume? We began as a tag team 18 years ago but have also had singles matches for periods of time and have won nine tag team championships in eight different wrestling federations and both have won singles titles. Excellent, we are always looking for new talent so lets start you in our developmental brand NXT.

People that have started in NXT, despite having success before joining.

Asuka - 5 singles, 4 tag
Adam Rose - 8 singles
Bobby Roode - 15 singles, 10 tag
Bryan Danielson - 14 singles, 4 tag
Jon Moxley - 11 singles, 8 tag
Finn Balor - 10 singles, 6 tag
Kevin Owens - 15 singles, 6 tag
Seth Rollins - 9 singles, 8 tag
Shinsuke Nakamura - 11 singles, 1 tag

MCMG - 13 singles, 11 tag

I wonder if going to NXT has less to do with success as opposed to preparing them.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I do think there is a diff between old ROH/CZW/etc and actually on tv TNA

Asuka is like the only one on that list that was pretty developed for TV when they went. And I believe she did just while she improved on her English. Bobby Roode too being in TNA

Reactions: Voight

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What the hell would they even need to be prepared for? Finding the hard cam? lmao somehow only a thing that needs to be taught for 2 years in developmental in WWE. Always been silly to me. They will probably get better matches in the NXT tag division though. Can see the Lucha Bros get lost in a shit main roster tag division.

Reactions: Voight

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Starks would be a much better fit in WWE than he would in AEW. His strong points are his look and personality, and his weak point is his in ring ability relative to the high bar set in AEW.

I have no idea how NXT is structured these days or who they push. So I have no idea how either would fit there. I can't see Daniel Garcia becoming a top star on the WWE main roster for a variety of reasons. I think given AEW's track record of using him as a featured player for so long, that's probably the best spot for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't see @GKJ Tweet (Tweet wont load) to see if it's the same thing but, supposedly AEW's TV deal is three years with a 4 year option.

Around $170M/year.
Yes, so it’s ’twice a week’ on TNT, TBS, or TruTV, which means something else is happening with Rampage or Collision. Guessing Rampage.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Also sounds like the PPV move to Max might be negotiated separately if it does happen. They might be making in the 50 million a year range on their current setup so would definitely need to be worthwhile

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
WWE and NBC are bringing back Saturday Night's Main Event. :thumbu:

from variety.com:

images_wrestling_events_wwe_saturday-nights-main-event-1985.webp

WWE‘s iconic series “Saturday Night’s Main Event” has set its return premiere date at NBC.

Variety has learned that the pro wrestling series will air live on NBC and simulcast on Peacock on Dec. 14 at 8 p.m. ET. It will originate from the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Long Island, N.Y., the site of the first-ever “Saturday Night’s Main Event” back in 1985.

WWE has also released the first promo video for the show, which can be seen below.

Presale for the event begins Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. ET. Fans can register to receive an exclusive presale offering now by visiting WWE’s website.

Tickets will go on sale Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. ET via Ticketmaster. Priority Passes are available now through WWE’s partnership with On Location. The passes offer things like premium seating, hospitality events with WWE stars, exclusive photo opps, and more.

This will be the first of four quarterly WWE primetime specials for NBC, which were first revealed when WWE signed a new five-year rights deal with NBCUniversal that saw WWE’s weekly “SmackDown” series move back to USA Network. “SmackDown” had been airing on Fox since 2019, but made its USA Network return on Sept. 13. Peacock also continues to be the live streaming home of WWE’s premium live events in the U.S., including upcoming events like “Bad Blood” and “Crown Jewel.”

“Saturday Night’s Main Event” originally aired in a late-night timeslot on NBC on weeks when “Saturday Night Live” did not have new episodes. It aired nearly 30 episodes on the broadcast network between 1985 and 1991. The show then aired two more episodes on Fox in 1992. It was previously revived at NBC for five more episodes between 2006 and 2008.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad