All-Purpose News Thread Part II

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think AT&T stadium would be a poor idea, the baseball stadiums might be better from a seating capacity pov, but Dallas can get pretty hot for an outdoor show

This past Forbidden Door did around 11K fans in a arena that seats around 17K for hockey, jumping to 80-100K seems to be extremely wishful thinking

Maybe the Ford Center where the Cowboys practice would be worth a look, I think it has a capacity of around 12K

Forbidden Doors gets what 125-140 thousands buys on PPV. Good luck getting 90,000 paying customers into an arena when your PPV buy-rate is not much higher.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They did Arthur Ashe and that felt plenty big enough for AEW. If that's their max capacity for a huge show once a year then I think they will have done just fine. The first Grand Slam event looked amazing on TV. Subsequent shows didn't draw nearly as well unfortunately, though they were still decent enough

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Megan Bayne was apparently planning on working with Marigold, but a contract situation with AEW seems to have killed that.

I think there was some confusion on whether she was actually signed or not but this seems to confirm that.

Also not a surprise that AEW doesn't want it's contracted talent to work with Marigold

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Might be awkward considering Shelton just went on CVV talking about how Max Caster publicly shit on the idea of Shelton joining AEW.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Probably just schtick from Caster, but if not, it isn't like backstage bullshit is something new in AEW, Caster could go on "vacation" and Sammy Guevara can come off the bench

Ehh. It seemed legit. Max tweeted out "We don't want him", then claimed his account was hacked, then said he stands behind the hacker's comments lol.

Then Max went on CVV and said "What's he gonna do, take up my TV time?" Which Shelton had a pretty decent response to... If I can come in and steal your spot, it apparently wasn't your spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad