Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah, but the norm is not being treated like shit, it's just not going above and beyond for a fan favorite.

That I could understand.

Telling him he didn't have the experience or ability to do a hockey ops job, and then dumping his jersey retirement banner in a dumpster, is a little different than "not going above and beyond."

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Y'all must, because the wacky defensive nature of numerous retorts indicates so.

I don't have time to compose a proper response rn but... do you think your comeback (the one quoted above) makes any actual sense?

It's an honest question. I am honestly curious as to whether you think the sentence you said above makes actual sense. Thx!

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That I could understand.

Telling him he didn't have the experience or ability to do a hockey ops job, and then dumping his jersey retirement banner in a dumpster, is a little different than "not going above and beyond."

Aren’t you speculating here about who’s responsible for Doan’s banner?

1) It was placed in storage. More than likely by ASM who probably was acting on Glendale’s orders to rid the arena of all things Coyotes.

2) The Coyotes were given 30 days to vacate the arena at the end of the lease. With everything else going on getting the front office and all the equipment moved in haste to the Ice Den, the banner more than likely got overlooked. ASM could have asked them if they wanted it, but did they? Or were they expecting someone from the Coyotes to ask?

Whatever might have happened…. It was by chance a YouTuber who was at the arena to cover a Rattlers game and the subject of the banner came up.

While it’s definitely a bad look…. It only means something got missed.

Shit happens.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don't have time to compose a proper response rn but... do you think your comeback (the one quoted above) makes any actual sense?

It's an honest question. I am honestly curious as to whether you think the sentence you said above makes actual sense. Thx!
A regular whoosh eh?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Pretty nihilistic way to look at things. I tend to hold folks to higher standards - especially if they expect me to pay for their consumer product, either directly or indirectly.

It’s a honest way of looking at it.

Most fans do hold ownerships to a higher standard. They’re great when that win championships and total shit balls when they don’t

I can find many reasons to be critical of the Meruelo’s. Still doesn’t mean you have to exaggerate things in the process.

Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Pretty nihilistic way to look at things. I tend to hold folks to higher standards - especially if they expect me to pay for their consumer product, either directly or indirectly.
Or if it wasn't another in a long list of awful management decisions, maybe you could give them the benefit of the doubt. Instead it's business as usual for them.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s a honest way of looking at it.

Most fans do hold ownerships to a higher standard. They’re great when that win championships and total shit balls when they don’t

I can find many reasons to be critical of the Meruelo’s. Still doesn’t mean you have to exaggerate things in the process.
Exactly. Edmonton right now is a good example. All I know is AM is our best chance to get NHL back to the Valley within 5 yrs. Poster like hbk and Mosby couldn't give a shit where the team is because they follow from afar. For me, and probably for many others, if we don't have a team I may not follow the team except for maybe a game or two here and there. As the years go on I will be even less interested. People who want the NHL here should be doing what they can to support AM and the NHL. Voice your opinions to our dumb Gov't officials and etc. others.

Last edited:
Reactions: lanky and Edenjung

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Exactly. Edmonton right now is a good example. All I know is AM is our best chance to get NHL back to the Valley within 5 yrs. Poster like hbk and Mosby couldn't give a shit where the team is because they follow from afar. For me, and probably for many others, if we don't have a team I may not follow the team except for maybe a game or two here and there. As the years go on I will be even less interested. People who want the NHL here should be doing what they can to support AM and the NHL. Voice your opinions to our dumb Gov't officials and etc. others.
Isn't this essentially what Coyotedroppings has been posting for a month and you and others continue to argue with him???

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Isn't this essentially what Coyotedroppings has been posting for a month and you and others continue to argue with him???
No, I'm talking people in general. This entertainment district is for everyone, not just hockey fans. I guess I didn't explain it very well.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad