Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: Land Auction Date Set - 6/27

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
interesting development. listening to morning show and I'm sure its coming from gambo is that meruelo group may be partnering with someone and announcement will come after land deal is completed.

my opinion is that this is meruelo groups way out and still be part of development

oh wow. looks like new branding on it's way. or maybe secondary logo?
not sure where they are getting it from.

here it is. new website leaked.

www.returnofthehowl.com

looks like new branding for this journey.
Okay, that's a disturbingly disgusting "brand". Has "Jr" written all over it!

Any partnership on the NHL side is limited to 20%, as well.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Okay, that's a disturbingly disgusting "brand". Has "Jr" written all over it!
AM thinks his flesh and blood (Jr) is the prime candidate to be future president and head of operations of the club. Typical symptom of a narcissist. Didn't he say "now that we know how to do it" at the Gary press conference? He's not even going to win the auction. This will all be over on June 27th finally.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
AM thinks his flesh and blood (Jr) is the prime candidate to be future president and head of operations of the club. Typical symptom of a narcissist. Didn't he say "now that we know how to do it" at the Gary press conference? He's not even going to win the auction. This will all be over on June 27th finally.
He did utter those words and I shuttered at the thought of them thinking they had it figured out.

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Can't find any information about "Phoenix Vox Entertainment" - don't know if it's a new LLC or if it's the hosting company or what. WHOIS notes that the site was registered on 4/28.
Same. I also did a WHOIS. Found it interesting the domain is only registered for a year. Doesn't seem like something a major organization would do b/c I would assume you would take the cost benefit of a longer term purchase. But who knows.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Anyone who paid close attention would have known about the rumor of Meruelo having other investors in this project for a while.

Gambo's not the first on this one.
I've heard these rumors prior to today that there are different investors and businesses looking to get a stake in the district. There is opportunity in retail and restaurants there,

Reactions: TheLegend

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Can't find any information about "Phoenix Vox Entertainment" - don't know if it's a new LLC or if it's the hosting company or what. WHOIS notes that the site was registered on 4/28.
Beware of red herrings.

I scanned Gambo’s show this morning. Not a peep about Meruelo.

Could have missed it but I’m not scanning through 4 hours of Suns drama again to find it.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Beware of red herrings.

I scanned Gambo’s show this morning. Not a peep about Meruelo.

Could have missed it but I’m not scanning through 4 hours of Suns drama again to find it.

Yeah, none of this is passing the smell test. Even Alex Jr. wouldn't go this cheap. An Alex Meruelo Jr. joint would have a photo of two pretentiously-dressed douchebag models staring off into the middle distance while brandishing some swag that has no relation whatsoever to hockey.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Can't we just beat up AM, kidnap him and tell him to not get his kids into the mix?

On a more serious note, is there a group in SLC that is advocating against the money for billionairs? I would love to support that group with funds.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
On a more serious note, is there a group in SLC that is advocating against the money for billionairs? I would love to support that group with funds.

I'd guess that there is significant social pressure not to bring that sort of thing into the public sphere.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
the site was different. they took everything down. just that logo remains.

hope we get clarity soon.
Looking at the sites source code, there is a lot more links that are gone. I'm looking through it to see if I can find some clues but trying to go to the /organization page, that isn't working. I'll keep looking, at least gives me something to do.

Reactions: Edenjung

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I fully expect Meruelo to win the auction. There might be one or two players who try to bid him up, knowing that he is all in. I'm waiting for a shovel to hit the ground. I'll bid on that shovel after the arena is built. I don't know if Meruelo is a martyr or a fool, or a swindler. I hold him responsible under the "Captain of the Ship" principle for the loss of the team. If he can partner with responsible management, and once again bring in a top tier hockey front office, then I will be ecstatic.

It seems that the Coyotes own on ice progression hastened the move to Utah. So much of the league revenue comes from the playoffs, the league couldn't allow a playoff series or two to take place in Mullet arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad