Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, not just in well-made movies. The actor working with the fight choreographer alone would be settling on a ton of these choices.

Optimistically, you'd be right and it was a conscious choice with real thought behind it.
Pessimistically, they just copied the original trilogy and didn't really give it much more thought than that.

Based on the other decisions they made in these movies, I'd lean towards the pessimistic side. :laugh:

Regardless, my main point was just that I hope any lightsaber fights in the future movies are more like The Phantom Menace than any of the other 8 movies, ESPECIALLY if it's in the Old Republic time period. Those Star Wars: The Old Republic video game cinematics were great.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
You have to enjoy options. Like when your wife refuses your advances, most games would require you to find a way to curry her favor. In this one, you excommunicate her, throw her in a dungeon, and find a new wife with the traits you want.

164.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I do love me a nice cinnamon raisin or blueberry bagel, but man, I could live off of soft pretzels
They're bad for your golf game. Stick to bagels until after the match and then eat all the motherloving pretzels you want.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Optimistically, you'd be right and it was a conscious choice with real thought behind it.
Pessimistically, they just copied the original trilogy and didn't really give it much more thought than that.

Based on the other decisions they made in these movies, I'd lean towards the pessimistic side. :laugh:

Regardless, my main point was just that I hope any lightsaber fights in the future movies are more like The Phantom Menace than any of the other 8 movies, ESPECIALLY if it's in the Old Republic time period. Those Star Wars: The Old Republic video game cinematics were great.

Vitian is a great villain. Palpy levels.

But I thought you didn't like it when people treat lightsabers like real swords??

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

90% of Dems said they will wear a mask in public. 45% of Republicans.

CNBC/Change Research Poll in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin: May 1-3, 2020

For better or worse though I’d imagine this poll was getting the numbers they wanted on this certain subject. I get on these type shows they attract the types on both sides who lives essentially revolve just around this stuff. When reality even amongst both Democrat & Republican voters that aren’t really hardcore invested into this stuff on top of the apolitical types that don’t even vote to begin with.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You have to enjoy options. Like when your wife refuses your advances, most games would require you to find a way to curry her favor. In this one, you excommunicate her, throw her in a dungeon, and find a new wife with the traits you want.

The choices are great - I'm talking about the mechanics. It could be exponentially less ****ing baffling.

I am just venting, which is not uncommon.

tl;dr nevermind.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I watched the first ~20 minutes of a Star Wars Battlefront II gameplay video just this morning and was thinking "This is more imaginative than the latest trilogy." And a lack of imagination wasn't even the newest trilogy's biggest problem - it was, by far, the lack of decent, individual characterization.

Reactions: Striiker

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I went to Giant to get some pasta as I’ve been just making pasta salad a lot recently & they were wiped out of every kind of pasta. :laugh:

I have pasta I never heard of. Got three boxes of Bucatini which was "spaghetti" but thicker and hollow inside. After breaking up a few on my plate I realized that it is basically the pasta noodle in Beefaroni if you take each long noodle and sectioned up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have pasta I never heard of. Got three boxes of Bucatini which was "spaghetti" but thicker and hollow inside. After breaking up a few on my plate I realized that it is basically the pasta noodle in Beefaroni if you take each long noodle and sectioned up.

That sounds like a nice noodle to go with some meat (though less useful for pasta salad).

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad