All of Tampa, FLA, EDM, Vegas, COL & Dallas made final/won cup recently - and are in "win now" mode still. Who wins a cup in next 5 years?

Over the next 5 years - which of these 6 teams win at least 1 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
We’ll see
Ya we will.

yamazaki-ryuji-yamazaki.gif

• Haha
Reactions: McJesusSaves97

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Really? I think they had one of those “stars aligned” type playoffs this last season. I can’t see that happening again, not with that defense. I think they can squeak into the playoffs just because they play in the West, but they’ll get smoked in the first round.
So you think Edmonton, who hasn’t finished lower than 2nd place in their division this decade and hasn’t lost in the first round since 2021 is going to barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round running back the same team that just went to game 7 of the final plus adding two top 6 forwards?

That’s a wild, wild take.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Vegas lost 6 roster players this week, that's significant. I don't see them winning another cup in the next 5 years. But I do think they go deep a couple of times.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Edmonton and possibly Dallas (these last few days have been rough). I see Florida taking a step back next year but probably getting back in 2-3 years when the cap goes up.

I think Tampa will be like the Red Wings post-2009. Good team but the perennial contender days are fading.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Vegas and Tampa are probably done. Dallas doesn't have the scoring jam to get it done. Colorado has huge holes to fill with Nichuskin and Landeskog being out so I'm not sure exactly what the plan is there. I'd bet Florida and Edmonton will be in the final four again next season. No one else in the East or West is really stepping up
Dallas has a ton of scoring depth. Dallas issue is defense by far thus in a way they're more reliant on their scoring and goaltending compared to the other teams

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Dallas has a ton of scoring depth. Dallas issue is defense by far thus in a way they're more reliant on their scoring and goaltending compared to the other teams
Not really. They need forwards who can up their game in the playoffs. I think they had 4 goals total in games 4, 5, and 6.

Depth is one thing, guys who actually score is another.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Florida should have a very good chance here

Barkov, Lundell and Tkachuk are signed through 2030. Reinhart signed to 2032. Forsling until 2032 and Kulikov til 2028

Luostarinen, Rodrigues signed til 2027

Verhaeghe, Ekblad and Bennett are UFA 2025 and it opens up 16M. I`d probably resign Verhaeghe and let Bennett&Ekblad walk.Ekblad has regressed a tonne and cheaper options are available. Lundell will be 2C by then.

BobCop`s contract ends 2026 and theres 10M

Florida has a very well structured cap, as Barkov is the highest paid on team with 10M/yr. They will have plenty of $$$ to play with the coming years with their core already locked in.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Colorado and Florida for me, Sakic and Zito are suave geniuses and have their cores locked in reasonably for a number of years.

If Edmonton doesn't win in 2025, they're not winning one.
Sakic hasn’t been the GM since the Cup, people all the time don’t even mention the actual GM of the team.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Tampa is the only one from the list that I don't feel like has as much of a chance compared to the others. I can see any of the other teams being able to win it all in the next few years just as easily as the next.

New Jersey is the dark horse for me, I like the moves they made this offseason and they are still young and growing, have yet to hit their peak and already looking scary. They have the potential to steal one in the next few years too and beyond if they keep it together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad