ALL of Canada’s Forwards and top-6 Defensemen are 1st Round Picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well I haven't been able to watch these prospects too much, I figured Byfield would have earned a top 6 position given his 2nd overall and his strong season. he's a power forward that can skate like the wind isn't he? not taking away from the other kids they are awesome too I just thought Byfield was little higher. most prospects rankings I've seen Byfield ranked 2nd after Laf.
He is big enough to be a power forward. He is not a power forward as he currently plays. There is projecting that went into his selection as well.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
yea right...........and we have no way of knowing if Germany will win Gold either.

Don't need a crystal ball to state the obvious.

2005 team beats the 2020 team easily.
Im sure even you can know the difference.

How do you know 6-7 of these player's dont end up star players?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He is big enough to be a power forward. He is not a power forward as he currently plays. There is projecting that went into his selection as well.
I drafted him in my dynasty league. I'm hoping he turns into a Super Star I'm very excited to watch him play. I would assume hes going to likely do better this yeah, I dont think he played much last WJC

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

What do you think the probabilities of this team having 6 or 7 star players? One, Canada is slowly losing the percentage of players they have in the NHL relative to other countries. Two, based on the evidence so far, it doesn't look like 2019 and 2020 draft classes will go down as historic (which make up pretty much all of this team).

I'd be quite confident saying that the 2021 draft class isn't going to be as good as 2015 or 2003. I can't say it definitively, but I would think my chances of being proven wrong in the long-term would be quite low.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
What do you think the probabilities of this team having 6 or 7 star players? One, Canada is slowly losing the percentage of players they have in the NHL relative to other countries. Two, based on the evidence so far, it doesn't look like 2019 and 2020 draft classes will go down as historic (which make up pretty much all of this team).

I'd be quite confident saying that the 2021 draft class isn't going to be as good as 2015 or 2003. I can't say it definitively, but I would think my chances of being proven wrong in the long-term would be quite low.
Ive never once said its likely. Just stating its impossible to know like the poster thinks it is.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Even if there was 6 -7 still wouldn't be enough. And there is no comparison to a Sid Crosby in this line up.

Not like going Im going out on a limb here.

"My chances of being wrong here are quite low"

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You also have exactly no way of knowing it. Im sure plenty of people said no team would ever come close to 95 either.

People who talk in absolutes usually have absolutely no idea what they're talking about
May I suggest you look up the word "prediction"

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Can you post the NHL careers of the players on TC this season too?

No we dont.
I cant post the NHL careers of the 2019 , 18, or 17 teams either . But I know they wont be as good as the magnificent star careers the 05 players are still having.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
View attachment 379307

Where Canada doesn't have one is in nets.
Sweden 19 y/os won U18 worlds in 2019 and they have a 2021 1st round pick goaltender
Team USA lots of fire power; good d-men and Knight who can be the difference
Russia will be hard to beat and they have Askarov who basically won the Hlinka for them

I can't recall the last time Canada had a 1st rounder in net. Price? But they've probably won gold more than anyone else since then without one.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A great goaltender helps but a great team with good even average goaltending is better.

Yes but in theory If you could find a humans being who was four feet tall and six feet wide and had a deep enough rear end to reach the back of the net all the way to the front the worst you could do would be to end in a zero zero tie.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I can't recall the last time Canada had a 1st rounder in net. Price? But they've probably won gold more than anyone else since then without one.
Malcolm Subban in 2013. Prior to that Mark Visentin. But, I think those were the last 2 Canadian goalies taken in the 1st round. We also didn't win gold in either. But, just because we didn't have a first rounder doesn't mean we didn't have the best goalie. Carter Hart was the first goalie taken in 2016, and was probably viewed as the best goalie prospect at the 2018 even if Oettinger was taken first overall in 2017 (USA chose Woll who was a 3rd rounder in 2016 as their starter).

Reactions: CanuckistanFlyerfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad