Bruins Classics GDT ALL NESN classic games

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Semi off topic - it did not figure amongst these NESN classics, but one of the most fun games I recall watching during my childhood was from back in 1983. It was a solid B's team that year but not a good era vs the Habs and I was one of only 2 B's fans at my high school, so I had a tough childhood, but I'll never forget this fun game:
Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens Box Score — November 5, 1983 | Hockey-Reference.com

Been looking for that game tape since forever and have never even come close to finding it.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
This NESN game has my second favorite post-Cup Bruin goal. Marchy’s shorty vs Quick on a MLK matinee which put him in the lead for SHG.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Semi off topic - it did not figure amongst these NESN classics, but one of the most fun games I recall watching during my childhood was from back in 1983. It was a solid B's team that year but not a good era vs the Habs and I was one of only 2 B's fans at my high school, so I had a tough childhood, but I'll never forget this fun game:
Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens Box Score — November 5, 1983 | Hockey-Reference.com

Been looking for that game tape since forever and have never even come close to finding it.
I remember that game, I was only a young teen back then and watched with some habs fans and I loved every minute of it. I looked for highlights on YouTube, but could not remember the exact year. Thanks for sharing brought back some good memories.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I remember this like yesterday- at my house watching with folks. Can still see Nevin Markwsrts gosl

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I remember that game, I was only a young teen back then and watched with some habs fans and I loved every minute of it. I looked for highlights on YouTube, but could not remember the exact year. Thanks for sharing brought back some good memories.

Exceptionally more memorable given that it took place at the old Forum.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He got Peeters but in hindsight yes in more ways than one

has their ever been 2 defenseman picked in one round by one team that were as good as these two

McCrimmom was not a HOF but he was not far off - everything you want in a defenseman

everything was there back at that time - Pederson, Bourque, Secord, McCrimmon, Leveille, Fergus, Kasper, Kluzak, Courtnall in drafts for a monster power house but bad luck and terrible trades did them in

Pretty sure Crowder and Krushelynski were picked
the same draft as Bourque/McCrimmon. The '79
and '80 drafts were good drafts. That '80 draft
gave them Pederson-Fergus-Kasper down the middle.

Edmonton drafted Messier, Anderson, Kurri and Moog
all after the 2nd round. Talk about luck.

Reactions: bbfan419

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Always fun watching Toronto implode

Reimer played over his head, but he was still a trampoline between the pipes the way pucks bounced off him.

Perhaps the most jarring thing about this game is Wade Redden and Jagr skating for Boston. Not to mention the stat they just showed that had Backes in the top five for TOI among forwards in the first week of the 2013 playoffs.

Reactions: BMC and bbfan419

member 96824

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about this game. Nothing I just watched registered in my memory.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about this game. Nothing I just watched registered in my memory.

same. Zero recollection. I only knew who won, but that’s only because i know toronto wins 5 and 6

coincidentally, I don’t remember 5-6 either

Reactions: BrainOfJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So fun to see Lucic out there. When Bergeron ties it, Lucic just leans back with his arms out and roars to the ceiling. I got chills again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad