AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
The only news that should matter for fans is that extra deal getting the PPVs on Max.

I'll definitely make more of an effort to catch their PPVs live if they get on Max

This is the kicker for me. Yeah they're making more money blah blah blah, don't care. Khans are loaded already. I just want PPVs on Max for something that isn't $50.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This is the kicker for me. Yeah they're making more money blah blah blah, don't care. Khans are loaded already. I just want PPVs on Max for something that isn't $50.
I figure if you assume they are getting around 50 million a year with the current model...I doubt they can ask to be paid 50 for being put on Max but if they can get in the 30-40 a year range for their PPV's it would probably be worth it to increase your exposure. But they definitely have to get paid to some degree to give up the current model that obviously has been working really well for them business wise.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I figure if you assume they are getting around 50 million a year with the current model...I doubt they can ask to be paid 50 for being put on Max but if they can get in the 30-40 a year range for their PPV's it would probably be worth it to increase your exposure. But they definitely have to get paid to some degree to give up the current model that obviously has been working really well for them business wise.

Would being on Max really be more exposure though? I seem to remember when it was still HBOMAX that it was considered to be a bit of a disappointment of a service that wasn't really doing a whole lot

I get it for "free" thru my cable provider due to HBO being part of the package, but I have only watched a handful of things on it personally.

Also would they be sharing more money from the PPV sales with WBD/MAX than they were previously? I'd heard that the way the PPV system worked was that the promotion basically took home about half of the PPV cost, so around 25 bucks on a 50 dollar show, so would this 50 million be in lieu of the money they would normally be getting from PPV sales, or in addition to that money?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Would being on Max really be more exposure though? I seem to remember when it was still HBOMAX that it was considered to be a bit of a disappointment of a service that wasn't really doing a whole lot

I get it for "free" thru my cable provider due to HBO being part of the package, but I have only watched a handful of things on it personally.

Also would they be sharing more money from the PPV sales with WBD/MAX than they were previously? I'd heard that the way the PPV system worked was that the promotion basically took home about half of the PPV cost, so around 25 bucks on a 50 dollar show, so would this 50 million be in lieu of the money they would normally be getting from PPV sales, or in addition to that money?
Eh...lots of people probably get Peacock just for WWE. I got it years ago for Yellowstone and forgot to cancel. The occasional NFL game is nice, but no reason to keep it.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Eh...lots of people probably get Peacock just for WWE. I got it years ago for Yellowstone and forgot to cancel. The occasional NFL game is nice, but no reason to keep it.

I just wonder if it would be an exclusive thing, only having the PPVS thru Max, it looks like Max actually has a pretty large subscriber base now, so it has improved a good bit from the HBOMAX days, but it still wouldn't hurt for them to still be available thru traditional PPV channels as well for the person who might only want to see the bigger shows or one or two a year

Currently it looks like MAX is anywhere from $10 - $21 per month, and currently the B/R add on is free, but supposedly not for long, so it would come down to what it is worth to you, and how much they charge for the B/R thing and if they also charge an additional fee for the PPVS

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The Outrunners were on Jericho's podcast talking about their past in WCCW and Undertaker wanting them to watch one of his matches. "The Undertaker wanted us to watch one of his matches. He came back and I was absolutely livid. I said, Mark, which I later found out was his name....I said Mark it's a good thing you're walking around like a zombie because this town is officially dead". Wonder if we get the debut of Turbo's father Chongo Floyd the 3rd best wrestler in Florida one day. Entire podcast was electric.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
way to stall for 20 seconds Excalibur, that’s why you’re a pro. Filibuster king

Reminds me of my Monday morning meetings when I have to stall for the group until the director shows up 😭

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I think Ricochet is joining Callis.

In that heated debate with Ospreay, he said that everyone has been coming after him. I wonder if that includes Don Callis.

I just think if they're not doing this match at Wrestledream then they have something lined up.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I wonder if we’re not looking back 10 years from now and reflecting on the Davis injury being trajectory altering for both guys. Fletcher looks like a singles PPV type in the making.

Marina needs a different layer to her new character. I get the MMA background, but she’s not physically imposing enough to be just the muscle for Moxley. Someone like Kamille more looks the part.

If you happen to find yourself abroad, bring a travel router (GL.iNet stuff works pretty flawlessly) and a streaming stick with you. VPN back into your home network and it’s like you never left.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad