AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Disco Dave is claiming the WBD-AEW deal is done. Says there is a PPV part of the deal where they will be on Max.

I am very intrigued. I hope I don't get kicked in the balls. I love AEW PPVs, but I usually gotta skip 1/3 of them because $50 is a lot.
I use a good site, which I hate bc I want to support them, but yes, $50 is a lot in the current environment

Reactions: TD Charlie

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I swear some of the people with these complaints just follow the company on twitter or youtube lmao this is the company that just had a blow off to a year plus long feud on a major PPV literally less then a week ago. But nothing is thought out or tied together week to week. It is like people can't just say "I didn't like this thing AEW did" and end it there. It always has to lead to some kind of diatribe as to why the entire company is flawed lmao

Why are you so sensitive about criticism to AEW?

It can both be true that they had a long term storyline, and that the week-to-week story telling is more often than not flawed.

You're contradicting yourself. It seems at one point you want thoughtful analysis form people who actually watch the product, but you also don't want people to point out patterns (good or bad) that would require thoughtful week-to-week viewing to notice or figure out.

You can like AEW and still think that there is room for improvement, or that they aren't perfect.

I'm certain that if I posted "AEW is fantastic with storytelling I am so excited about x y or z", aka the entire company is flawless, it would not illicit the same type of response to your perception that me or whoever else called the company flawed. Despite you making it seem like your upset about the company being painted with a broad brush, I don't think it's actually about that. I think that it's about your sensitivities to anything other than glowing praise for the company because you are way too steeped in the tribalism.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

It can both be true that they had a long term storyline, and that the week-to-week story telling is more often than not flawed.

You're contradicting yourself. It seems at one point you want thoughtful analysis form people who actually watch the product, but you also don't want people to point out patterns (good or bad) that would require thoughtful week-to-week viewing to notice or figure out.

You can like AEW and still think that there is room for improvement, or that they aren't perfect.

I'm certain that if I posted "AEW is fantastic with storytelling I am so excited about x y or z", aka the entire company is flawless, it would not illicit the same type of response to your perception that me or whoever else called the company flawed. Despite you making it seem like your upset about the company being painted with a broad brush, I don't think it's actually about that. I think that it's about your sensitivities to anything other than glowing praise for the company because you are way too steeped in the tribalism.
Why are you so sensitive about criticism of your opinion? I do love that it has gotten to the point where if you try and push back on anything negative with AEW the default response is "huuur tribalisim" like maybe actually address my point. Why can AEW not just have a bad segment? They have a bad segment or a program that doesn't hit and people, not just you have to do a run down of everything that is wrong with the company. At no point have I ever said or have thought everything in AEW is good or that it is "perfect".

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City

Buddy you literally posted a few posts back you didn’t watch the show.

I didn’t watch it but it sucks isn’t really constructive criticism

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Buddy you literally posted a few posts back you didn’t watch the show.

I didn’t watch it but it sucks isn’t really constructive criticism

That post about not watching the show was made a day before when the show was on. I didn't watch it live so I did not want to pass judgment on the segments until I saw them, but posted asking for clarification because the results made it sound very strange how they did it.

Same deal with the PPV. I posted on Tuesday after finally getting around to watching it.

I've made like 10,000 word posts with pros, cons, and constructive ideas after watching shows, so you're sort of barking up the wrong tree with the accusing me of a lack of constructive criticism.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

The B/R Sports add-on won't be free for much longer. That seems like the logical place for them to go.

If WBD gets the PPVs, I think they will still charge for them. I would love if they were free with a $10 subscription, but I don't think it happens.

They do very consistent numbers. It will draw six figures of people to their platform. WWE giving away PPVs on their network, and eventually NBC doing that on Peacock isn't the norm in combat sports, and even Nick Khan hinted at the idea that the next rights holder could go back to charging on PPVs to justify an increased rights fee.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I use a good site, which I hate bc I want to support them, but yes, $50 is a lot in the current environment
Same here

I have IPTV and have free access and access to torrent sites but I still order the shows

I make a few exceptions but I don't mind supporting a product I support

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
As someone who hates the gimmick of Mercedes… it was pretty obvious she was taking the title from whoever had it.

Do you think they control what CMLL does with their belts?
I mean they work together.
Just kinda dumb to give her short runs with belts
IMO shes one the top 5 females in the company.
100% better than Mercedes

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I mean they work together.
Just kinda dumb to give her short runs with belts
IMO shes one the top 5 females in the company.
100% better than Mercedes

Yeah, but I’m sure CMLL has the final say on their titles.
I don’t really like willow much at all, I think she’s a generic women’s wrestler. I also don’t like Mercedes I think she’s very clunky in the ring.

I’d have to do some serious thoughts to put her in the top 5 for females in aew / roh.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yeah, but I’m sure CMLL has the final say on their titles.
I don’t really like willow much at all, I think she’s a generic women’s wrestler. I also don’t like Mercedes I think she’s very clunky in the ring.

I’d have to do some serious thoughts to put her in the top 5 for females in aew / roh.
Willow also reminds me of my oldest daughter so Im biased 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Jericho and Mistico had a 2/3 falls match in Arena Mexico which Mistico won and during the video recap tonight, AEW just showed the clip of Jericho winning the 2nd fall and deemed that he had won the match :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Willow is OK. If there is any woman on that roster you can argue should be getting more opportunities and sustained TV time, it's Shida.

Stats might be second, but her time has been getting more consistent so it seems everyone there finally realizes she is money.

Willow is always going to have a hard ceiling as just being the quirky lovable babyface. You can get maybe one main event run if the timing and feud is right, but otherwise it's a midcard ceiling.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
This is like the Bruins " Winnie the Pooh " jersey - it's bad but how bad were the other options that this was the one that was picked ???? :thumbd:

aew-championship-pullover-hoodie-square.jpg
aew4313-1.jpg
aew4313-2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
This is like the Bruins " Winnie the Pooh " jersey - it's bad but how bad were the other options that this was the one that was picked ???? :thumbd:

aew-championship-pullover-hoodie-square.jpg
aew4313-1.jpg
aew4313-2.jpg

I have some ridiculous shirts. Goofy spongebob ones, ones with random presidential candidates on it like Mondale Ferraro, one that has "bladder cancer :)" spelled across it, a bright orange hoodie with "UNEMPLOYED" across it, something about Zachary Taylor, etc. I have some goofy BS.

Trust me when I tell you, I would not be caught dead wearing this hunk of shit :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just seems like Britt Baker stinks as a person. She allegedly has heat with both Hayter and Mercedes now apparently?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Not sure where her entitlement comes from...she had to work had to become a dentist, that doesn't get handed to you...unless it's just that she's been with for so long that the money made her that way?

But for sure her in ring has really fallen off since the thunder rosa feud...and Iseem to remember thunder was the one that was suspended for their issues, maybe just cut ties or something...

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad