AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mina Shirakawa has not been announced for Stardom’s 5-Star Grand Prix (their version of G1), which is shortened this year and is only taking place over 3 weeks in August (it’s usually like 9 weeks). They still have 3 spots open, but there’s no reason why she would be one of them. An indication we’re going to see her through the summer in AEW

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Mina Shirakawa has not been announced for Stardom’s 5-Star Grand Prix (their version of G1), which is shortened this year and is only taking place over 3 weeks in August (it’s usually like 9 weeks). They still have 3 spots open, but there’s no reason why she would be one of them. An indication we’re going to see her through the summer in AEW

Mina was awesome! I loved everything she did.

That dance routine entrance she did with Mariah May impressed me so much that I looked up replays online. Great theme music too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mina was awesome! I loved everything she did.

That dance routine entrance she did with Mariah May impressed me so much that I looked up replays online. Great theme music too.
I saw it at the Stardom show in Philly where they started the angle, it was like the most over thing on the show.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Prediction: rating will be disappointing due to many of the factors that led to the low NXT number on Tuesday and the usual suspects will come crawling out of the woodwork with their bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Prediction: rating will be disappointing due to many of the factors that led to the low NXT number on Tuesday and the usual suspects will come crawling out of the woodwork with their bullshit.
If it is, that sucks, was a really good show...and jericho...

And I was/have been one of the ones that was into Jericho leaning into the fan response, but it has really ran it's course. He needs a write off and go tour

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Yes, why are you turning your biggest star?
Because heel MJF is the best thing in all wrestling. Turning him face was the stupidest decision in all wrestling. And AEW’s ratings have been in a free fall and can barely beat NXT?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It beautiful 🥹

FEELING RESTORED. Did I see him smack a fans phone out of their hand? KING MAX

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because heel MJF is the best thing in all wrestling. Turning him face was the stupidest decision in all wrestling. And AEW’s ratings have been in a free fall and can barely beat NXT?
Firing CM Punk was the stupidest decision if we’re attributing that to the ratings. Nobody got over with MJF as a heel, except himself when he went face.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The acclaimed are still over, but they haven't evolved, I put that more on them than most. Just look at Max, he isn't into it like he was...

I wonder if this wwe rumor stuff wasn't there, where would Ricky Starks be rn in the system...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wardlow was over, but MJF no-sold the feud and it killed him dead

That was a big move for him to join Undisputed, but they seem to have killed they.

Adam Cole was

Wardlow had that year where he was TNT champ but they didn't give him a dominate run and it fizzled out. Disappears then returns as a heel, joins Undisputed Kingdom (stupid name) and disappears again.

I felt Adam Cole was living off his NXT run right up until he started his babyface team with MJF then got injured. Not saying he couldn't get over again (I think highly of Cole), but he wasn't over based on his AEW work.

Both guys need to stay clear of the current Undisputed Kingdom threesome, it does neither Cole nor Wardlow any favors being associated with Strong/Taven/Bennett.
The Acclaimed were too, but that got fumbled out the back of the endzone

Good call on the Acclaimed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wardlow had that year where he was TNT champ but they didn't give him a dominate run and it fizzled out. Disappears then returns as a heel, joins Undisputed Kingdom (stupid name) and disappears again.

I felt Adam Cole was living off his NXT run right up until he started his babyface team with MJF then got injured. Not saying he couldn't get over again (I think highly of Cole), but he wasn't over based on his AEW work.

Both guys need to stay clear of the current Undisputed Kingdom threesome, it does neither Cole nor Wardlow any favors being associated with Strong/Taven/Bennett.

Good call on the Acclaimed.
He did main event Wembley. That’s a top act on your company. Now they’re not even paying that off unless they turn him face

Reactions: BruinDust and SnS

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He did main event Wembley. That’s a top act on your company. Now they’re not even paying that off unless they turn him face

He's a top act, but because he was a top act elsewhere. It's not like Cole floundered in NXT and finally reached his potential in AEW. He's positioned high as the same guy, same character, etc.

They seemed to have moved on from the Cole/MJF feud. I can only assume Cole isn't coming back anytime soon. But it also seems like MJF is back earlier than planned, probably out of desperation with the ratings crumbling.

I don't mind them going back to it when Cole is healthy and cast him as a babyface. He isn't much of a heel anyways.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's a top act, but because he was a top act elsewhere. It's not like Cole floundered in NXT and finally reached his potential in AEW. He's positioned high as the same guy, same character, etc.

They seemed to have moved on from the Cole/MJF feud. I can only assume Cole isn't coming back anytime soon. But it also seems like MJF is back earlier than planned, probably out of desperation with the ratings crumbling.

I don't mind them going back to it when Cole is healthy and cast him as a babyface. He isn't much of a heel anyways.
It’s really not much different than Swerve, who they made heel, and the crowd turned face. Not even sure it was any of his own doing.

Reactions: BruinDust and Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re saying ppv buys for forbidden door are down….no duh, they have all the New Japan talent people were paying to see before. Hard to say this buy rate is an indicator of anything other than that

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Very fun episode of Collision. Loved the main event. Hopefully Riho's wrist is okay.

I wonder if we're gonna straight up get Patriarchy vs. BBG at Wembley or if they might add more teams into the mix? BCC? HOB? Death Triangle? Callis Family?

Wouldn't be against a 4 way or 5 way Stadium Stampede match for the titles. Might be a little over the top, but I think it could be fun.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Intrigued by Jeff Jarrett’s involvement in the main event. I suspect there’s a violent angle coming to solidify Hangman as a heel.

He’s not well liked online because of TNA, but he can talk and sell. For that, I’ve enjoyed his work in AEW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad