Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: forget the thread numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I thought Lucic and Iginla were pretty ineffective at that last year.

The goal of having heavy hitters on a team is to pound the opponents team D men but for whatever reason they did not go into this aspect of the game as a team through their series and never established their style of game against MTL.
The bruins played more their regular season type hockey and did not elevate the hitting and banging enough against the Habs.
They thought they could out play them without too much banging but this is a necessity versus the Habs or any other team for that matter..

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I am thinking the same thing.

In fact, I think that is one of the things that is lacking on this team right now; accountability and like-minded folks to keep each one another accountable.

If Lucic plays with snarl 20% of the time, and Stewart plays with snarl 20% of the time, then at least when one of them does something it may wake the other and possibly the team.

You see it time and time again. Boychuk, Ference, or Chara would make a big hit or play with snarl, and it is contagious.

I honestly believe that adding Stewart and Kassian to this team would do WONDERS for it. I don't care if each of them has occasional motivation problems. They will feed off one another.

I think getting their identity back is a HUGE thing. They've lost it since last April. Adding two players, who can play with a nasty edge and chip in is solid. They played Montreal in the first round and tried to play Montreal's game. News flash, that's not smart.

Ference played with an Edge
Boychuk played with an Edge
Thornton played with an Edge

Since they left the Bruins have become softer than I have ever seen them before. Say what you want about skill and speed and how the game is getting smaller and more skilled, but the Bruins play their best hockey when they're getting riled up. Stewart and Kassian can help in that regard... again, if the price is right. Teams used to be scared of the Bruins, why? not because they were small, fast and skilled, but because they were big, tough and mean.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
•Joe Haggerty: Joffrey Lupul’s name has come up in the last few days with regards to the Bruins search for a right winger. Darren Dreger: The Bruins and Leafs have talked about Lupul, but it’s likely too big of a risk for the Bruins. The Bruins are still interested in Antoine Vermette. Joe Haggerty: Three years at $5 million plus is a tough sell for the Bruins. Hearing that it’s coming down to the Blackhawks and Bruins for Vermette.[/I]

Leafs can retain tho, but probably wouldn't, unless they take Savard back.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not many guys. But why does that make you want to double down on what we have or want players to fit a certain mold? Just get more talent.

Yes, we do need some offensive help too, a guy who can score,
I love physical play but you have to have talent also.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I am thinking the same thing.

In fact, I think that is one of the things that is lacking on this team right now; accountability and like-minded folks to keep each one another accountable.

If Lucic plays with snarl 20% of the time, and Stewart plays with snarl 20% of the time, then at least when one of them does something it may wake the other and possibly the team.

You see it time and time again. Boychuk, Ference, or Chara would make a big hit or play with snarl, and it is contagious.

I honestly believe that adding Stewart and Kassian to this team would do WONDERS for it. I don't care if each of them has occasional motivation problems. They will feed off one another.

I still think the back end can supply us with this with big McQuaid, Chara and Hamilton should join this avenue time time.

However, our front line up is very ordinary in the hitting and banging department aside form Lucic.
We need this from the front core and we need two others in my opinion to make this work.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Vermette scouting report

Assets: Has excellent two-way instincts, great wheels and tenacity. Is dedicated to playing at both ends of the ice and displays loads of perseverance. Effective on face-offs, he can play any role on a team.

Flaws: Isn't capable of making an offensive impact at the National Hockey League level over the long haul. Is woefully inconsistent in the attacking zone. Misses a lot of quality scoring chances.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Vermette scouting report

Assets: Has excellent two-way instincts, great wheels and tenacity. Is dedicated to playing at both ends of the ice and displays loads of perseverance. Effective on face-offs, he can play any role on a team.

Flaws: Isn't capable of making an offensive impact at the National Hockey League level over the long haul. Is woefully inconsistent in the attacking zone. Misses a lot of quality scoring chances.

Soooo.... Paille Part Deux

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vermette scouting report

sounds like he'll fit right in.

This seems to be a requisite for all Bruin players.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Vermette scouting report

Fits like a glove in this system. Jack of all trades, except those that matter.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Vermette scouting report

God does that sounds familiar... :cry:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Vermette scouting report

With 35 points that puts him behind Bergeron for 2nd in team scoring.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Vermette scouting report

He'll fit in great

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Vermette won't help Boston—and he'd cost a 2015 1st? Good grief. The only way I could stomach Vermette coming and the Bruins' 1st-round pick leaving would be if Gormley were included in the deal.

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
Any chance the Bruins try to land both Stewart and Kassian? Obviously we'd have to move pieces the other way, but I think watching the games would be a little more exciting.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Oh please stay far away from Lupul

I'd take him if TO retains a significant portion of his cap... 2 Mill +

Good Leader... Puts up points when he's healthy. Goal scorer.... I wouldn't want to take up more than 3 mill a year in cap space for him.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Any chance the Bruins try to land both Stewart and Kassian? Obviously we'd have to move pieces the other way, but I think watching the games would be a little more exciting.

I suggested this 6 weeks ago. Hope that both blossom from the change. Add size and toughness.

If we are going to "go for it" this is the direction I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad