Boxing: All boxing discussion

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm no boxing expert but I felt like the commentators gave Fury a little more credit than he deserved tonight. And don't get me wrong, I like Fury and he showed the heart of a champion, but that fight was much closer than glancing at the scorecards and seeing 117-111.

Mar 14, 2011
All this talk about how Spence would dominate the WW div (Crawford not included) and he barely squeaks a W against Porter in the end. Thats the problem when you have top fighters like Spence (a broken Kell Brook dont count) and Crawford who dont step to the challenge, they end up looking like the next Sugar Ray Leonard fighting good, but non elite guys like Lamont Peterson, Amir Khan, Algieri and Indongo, but when they finally step up to face the big boys of the division like, guys like Thurman, Pac, Porter and Danny Garcia, we see that they are actually not head and shoulder above the rest of the elites in the division.

I for one would like to see Crawford face someone like Thurman or Danny Garcia so we can properly measure if he is deserving of his hype, but chances are, he will face another tomato can and Bob Arum would try to spin that as if he won against a prime Ceasar Chavez Sr, get ready for a Crawford vs Khan trilogy.

Mar 14, 2011
PBF wants to fight Pac in an Exhibition, but not real sanctioned fight with his record on the line:

Pacquiao wants ‘real fight’ vs Floyd, not ‘nonsense’ Tokyo exhibition
Floyd just wants easy money at this point, even an exhibition fight can earn him millions and he wont be risking his 0 by this. I for one would love to see him fight Crawford, I would love to see the top 2 fighters from the previous era just beat the elite, prime fighters of this new era despite being in their 40s. Unlike Floyd, Pac still refuses to passdown the torch, watching him beat a elite, young fighter like Thurman despite already being in his 40s was spectacular to watch.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Floyd just wants easy money at this point, even an exhibition fight can earn him millions and he wont be risking his 0 by this. I for one would love to see him fight Crawford, I would love to see the top 2 fighters from the previous era just beat the elite, prime fighters of this new era despite being in their 40s. Unlike Floyd, Pac still refuses to passdown the torch, watching him beat a elite, young fighter like Thurman despite already being in his 40s was spectacular to watch.

if floyd won't fight a game pac, there's no way in hell he's fighting crawford lol

floyd was at the porter/spence fight last night and it seems he just shows up to stay relevant so no one forgets him

but he knows he would not last with these young bucks if he came back today

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Spence in a serious accident:

"Errol was in an accident, and his parents are with him at the hospital," Premier Boxing Champions spokesman Tim Smith told ESPN. "The doctors are monitoring his condition, but his injuries are not life-threatening. We will have further updates as the doctors update his condition. We're all wishing the best for Errol."
Dallas police told media outlets that the accident occurred at 2:53 a.m. CT, when the car was traveling at "a high rate of speed."
"The Ferrari veered left over the center median onto the southbound lanes and flipped multiple times, ejecting the driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt," police said.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/27812496/errol-spence-jr-seriously-injured-dallas-car-crash

People driving without the seatbelt on is a phenomenon I just can't wrap my head around.

Mar 14, 2011
Crawford fighting another low risk contender, I understand the whole PBC vs Top Rank politics but at this point, the names on Crawford's resume is definitely worst than GGG's even before the latter's unofficial but obvious win against Canelo (1st match). You can only take the eye test argument so far, at some point we would need to see Crawford face at least someone like Ugas or Porter before Bud reach the end of his prime, and at the age of 32, time is definitely not on his side.

Anyway, Teofimo Lopez vs Commey is the real main event of these card because we all know Mean Machine will be lucky to win 3 rounds against Bud.

Last edited:

quickeyg

Nov 16, 2018
United Kingdom
Hello Sports fans

I'm having a wrestling party next Thursday about 12 friends are coming round.
WWE Wrestling Federation signed up Boxer Tyson Fury who will battle it out against Braun Strowman in an event titled Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia. Promises to be an epic evening.
This is a proper pop corn/fizzy drink moment for the fight fans. I suggest guys and gals you purchase that extra extra EXTRA food & drink for next week & invite your school/college buddies round for an evening of grappling action. Starts 17:00 with the main event probably a few hours later so double check the time UK and US fans. Peace & Enjoy and have a great week.

31st October
Crown Jewel
Saudi Arabia

Braun Strowman vs Tyson Fury (Boxer)
Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez (MMA)

Reactions: Dialamo

member 51464

I assume it won't happen due to how boxing works, but I'd love to see Canelo lose to Alvarez. I am against Canelo until he loses due to the sketchiness in the GGG fights.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think Kovalev is done as a top level fighter. Totally outclassed. I understand that Canelo may be the best in the world, but he showed me nothing.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I think Kovalev is done as a top level fighter. Totally outclassed. I understand that Canelo may be the best in the world, but he showed me nothing.
He certainly isn't what he used to be but I wouldn't say he got totally outclassed. However he was holding back a lot on his power punches. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he took a dive on that last punch, which is probably is the smartest move when you're taking on a guy backed by the mexican cartel drug money, Canelo the cheat.

member 51464

Wow, Ortiz looked so great and may have been seconds away from being ahead 7 rounds through 7.

One punch from Wilder and it was all over. Insane finish. It is really amazing how effective Wilder is considering how lacking he is in so many respects outside of ungodly power he carries through to the end of even a 12-round fight.

Reactions: kihei

member 51464

I don't watch nearly enough boxing to have any idea. But that was certainly something.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Ortiz literally fought a perfect fight until that moment. Wilder has god given power, I can't see him losing to anyone, he just needs one punch...

Fury doesn't have KO power otherwise he'd beat him. Joshua could potentially KO Wilder but his chin isn't great so I'm not sure he survives the bomb squad.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I mean he already did lose to Fury if the refs weren't showing their USA bias.
I agree, but I think if they rematch Wilder might catch him earlier this time, like he did with Ortiz. Fury is an incredibly smart boxer though so let's see what happens.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Andy Ruiz Jr. vs. Anthony Joshua 2
  • Date: Dec. 7 | Location: Diriyah Arena -- Diriyah, Saudi Arabia
  • Start time: 11 a.m. ET | Main event time: 3:45 p.m. ET
  • Live stream: DAZN (subscription required)
  • WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight championship -- Andy Ruiz Jr. (c) +170 vs. Anthony Joshua -220
  • Heavyweight -- Alexander Povetkin vs. Michael Hunter
  • WBC international heavyweight championship -- Filip Hrgovic (c) vs. Eric Molina
  • Heavyweight -- Dillian Whyte vs. Mariusz Wach
  • Super featherweight -- Scott Quigg vs. Jono Carro

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
Andy Ruiz Jr. vs. Anthony Joshua 2
  • Date: Dec. 7 | Location: Diriyah Arena -- Diriyah, Saudi Arabia
  • Start time: 11 a.m. ET | Main event time: 3:45 p.m. ET
  • Live stream: DAZN (subscription required)
  • WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight championship -- Andy Ruiz Jr. (c) +170 vs. Anthony Joshua -220
  • Heavyweight -- Alexander Povetkin vs. Michael Hunter
  • WBC international heavyweight championship -- Filip Hrgovic (c) vs. Eric Molina
  • Heavyweight -- Dillian Whyte vs. Mariusz Wach
  • Super featherweight -- Scott Quigg vs. Jono Carro
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...s-283-pounds-rematch-anthony-joshua-slims-237

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad