Confirmed with Link: Alexis Lafreniere Signs Extension [7Y/7.45M AAV]

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalderCup
Apr 26, 2016
Hartford, CT
He's certainly not taking the most he can get, almost as if he wants to repay the Rangers for believing in him & still giving him that shot on Panarin's line when the world thought he was a bust. I was a harsh critic (though there's some revisionist history there as I was one of the few who said he was better than Kakko) but I gain even more respect for him after this. He looks poised to pick up where he left off in the playoffs and have a big year, with how Mika's playing who knows he could find himself on PP1 & put up 90pts. Crosby-like self sacrifice for the team, without a doubt should be the captain after Trouba is moved next year.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With every big game the Rangers top guys come out flat, I look more and more toward the Fox/Lafreniere era. This contract confirms that is their path forward.
Laf also laid out his mission statement here. He could have said "nah I want something short" and cashed in on UFA years. He wants to be here through his best years at a discount.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Very favorable terms considering the peviously rumored 8x8.

Maybe Laf thinks he'll still be in his prime at 31 and that the cap will be much higher. If I was him I'd want either all 8 years or the shortest possible path to UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad