Confirmed with Link: Alexandre Texier Traded to Blues

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

The Blues acquired Alexandre Texier in a trade from the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday for a fourth-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

Texier, who could have become a restricted free agent July 1, signed a two-year, $4.2 million contract ($2.1 million annual average value) with the Blues.

The 24-year-old center had 30 points (12 goals, 18 assists) in 78 games this season and has 79 points (34 goals, 45 asssits) in 201 NHL games, all with Columbus.

He played the 2022-23 season with the ZSC Lions in Switzerland's National League before returning to Columbus. He signed a two-year contract with the Blue Jackets before the 2021-22 season, with the second year of the contract covering this season.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
I really like this move. In his age 22 season he had 11 goals and nine assists in 36 games. Then he went to play in Switzerland for some reason. Does anyone know why he did that? Looks like he's a penalty kill guy that's good. Is he really a center though? His FO% is horrendous. He was only -5 on a bad blue jackets team which seems pretty impressive. Maybe he has a breakout year and this is a complete steal.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I really like this move. In his age 22 season he had 11 goals and nine assists in 36 games. Then he went to play in Switzerland for some reason. Does anyone know why he did that? Looks like he's a penalty kill guy that's good. Is he really a center though? His FO% is horrendous. He was only -5 on a bad blue jackets team which seems pretty impressive. Maybe he has a breakout year and this is a complete steal.
There were some family issues he was dealing with. He went back to Europe to be closer to home for a like bit.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I see absolutely no downside to this move and if he reaches his potential it will look like a steal in a few years. I think he'll settle in nicely on the third line this year, though I have no idea how well he can play center.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
There were two deaths within his family so he went to play closer to home following that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad