Alexandre Daigle

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
no offense, i just have to question it when a guy puts up those kinds of numbers at 18, something that today would be given a solid nod of respect, but is being called the worst prospect ever, and had no talent, and was a one trick pony. i get sens fans being against him, i get the reason for all the jokes, i just dont see how anyone with an unbiased eye could look at how he started and say he was a bad player. he was a kid 3 years away from drinking beer.the theory of him being the worst player with those stats in history may be the saddest most pathetic attempt at an insult ive seen here. really? the worst player to get 50 pts as an 18 year old? who gives a &$%#? he did something thats pretty amazing, to feel the need to minimize it to that level....

hate the agent who demanded the money, hate the gm and owners who caved and gave it to him. i even get overall not liking the dude, but to say he was that bad a prospect or a bust when he actually played in the nhl and actually put up a pretty solid rookie season. he is pages back in the list of bad draft picks, hardly the top. the most overhyped? maybe, i dont know. he was player, and at times a productive one, you cant call him a bust as a player. busts never make it to the game. jessiman is a bust, so far anyway. i agree with volchkov.

for the record, i dont like him either.

I don't dislike him. I said he was the worst 50 point scorer ever because on the ice that year he got a Pejorative Slured amount of ice time because the Sens were horrid. He as not held accountable to do anything but play shiny and try and score. He was taught little in how to effectively use his significant talents. He was horrible at everything on the ice but scoring goals (that season). Much later on Minnesota he was an actual effective, somewhat responsible player that got 40-50 points.

The fault is in the coaching and management early in his career. And I think I clearly stated that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00