Value of: Alexandre Carrier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
As a Preds fan I am curious what other teams would value him at. He plays top four mins, but is he a legit top 4 defenseman?

What would you trade from your team for him? Just to give me an idea of value.

Thank you,

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
A UFA to be who I view as a bottom pair Dman…..you might get a playoff team 2nd with retention and possibly a contract/ low level prospect.

that value is because he’s a RD who shoots right. Wouldn't have near that value as a LD

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I would be surprised if other teams valued Carrier very highly. He has had a pretty good start to this season after last season was washed out by injuries. He has had only 1 truly bad game so far this year. Otherwise, he has done a pretty good job of playing more conservatively, blocking shots, moving the puck out quickly. I think at the end of the day he'd be correctly valued as a bottom-pair D on most teams, however, and that the Preds are overplaying him a bit using him more than that, since Fabbro is clearly a better player.

But due to his lack of size, I'm not sure he would ever be a sought-after commodity elsewhere around the league? Bottom pairing guys who don't bring offense or physicality, but are just kind of "there" aren't really what teams usually go looking for? Unless they are dirt cheap? 4th round pick to temporarily fill a gap?

He does have some offensive ability, but the problem is every time he tries to show it his defense falls off the map, so in Nashville, we just prefer him to play more conservatively, he's alright when he does that. I think he'd be wise to just parlay his history with the Preds into the longest-term contract he can get, even if the $$$ aren't too high, because apart from his history with the organization he'd probably find himself sidelined pretty quickly in some other city? :dunno:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
A UFA to be who I view as a bottom pair Dman…..you might get a playoff team 2nd with retention and possibly a contract/ low level prospect.

that value is because he’s a RD who shoots right. Wouldn't have near that value as a LD
I wouldn't. I don't want to move either. I'd move Schenn and Barrie first.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I view him as in that similar bucket to a guy like Jokiharju. A sort of #5+ RHD who is held back mostly by lack of size/strength, as well as some lack of consistency. The sort of player who, if you have to bump them up to the Top-4, they at least have a reasonable skillset for it. But you don't really want them there...and they can be really unremarkable as an actual bottom-pairing guy. Since they don't bring any physicality or that side of the game to the table. They're not what teams (especially playoff teams) tend to want for impact on their bottom-pairing...even if they're more capable of moving up as a bit of a "tweener" because of their general skillset.

So with that said...he's the sort of player who tends to be worth more to the team they've found a home with, rather than as a trade chip. Not that they aren't extremely useful pieces to have...but they're just not the profile of a player that teams tend to go out of their way to acquire. When angling for a Top-4D they want to shoot for "more". When picking up a Bottom-Pair D, they tend to aim for bigger, more physical, classic "stay-at-home" types.

So in trade, he probably commands less than what he might actually be "worth" to certain teams. :dunno:

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad