Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
He's going to be great. His offensive upside at the NHL level is a bit of a question mark though. If he learns how to utilize open ice a bit better, he could be very good offensively. Even if he's a 15-25 point guy I'll be happy.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don’t think Sergachev has the toolbox of Romanov. He’s more talented and bigger, but I question how fast he thinks the game. I don’t question that with Romanov. Obviously he needs to work on his game, but decision-making isn’t a weakness.
Ya, this is why i was never high on Sergachev. He really doesn't process the game quickly at all.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Sergachev also has a better shot than Markov had, but who would you prefer ? Ill take the guy with the higher hockey I.Q any day of the week.
I also take Markov/Romanov.

Although Markov shot was actually pretty good.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
How is it "not really" when you basically just reiterated what I said?
You said his tools stand out less. That's false. Watching both play it's quite obvious two highly important skills, namely High end hockey IQ and defensive play, stand out way more for Romanov than for Sergs who is struggling heavily this season on those two traits

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
You said his tools stand out less. That's false. Watching both play it's quite obvious two highly important skills, namely High end hockey IQ and defensive play, stand out way more for Romanov than for Sergs who is struggling heavily this season on those two traits
I was referring to physical tools, so we are in fact in agreement.

Reactions: Legend123

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
So is Romanovs. It just isn't a top 10 type of bomb.

Markov's wrist shot was extremely accurate, but his one-timer slap shot was average at best. Also, he usually used his slap shot from closer in after having snuck down towards the goal. Accuracy was more important for Markov than strength or quick release. Since everyone thought he would use his superior passing skills, it also usually bought him a fraction of a second in reaction time from the opposing Gs.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's going to be great. His offensive upside at the NHL level is a bit of a question mark though. If he learns how to utilize open ice a bit better, he could be very good offensively. Even if he's a 15-25 point guy I'll be happy.

Yeah I think he can probably score more than that but more like 30-40. May never reach 40 but could flirt with it. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if your projection's are right. Really don't see a ton of offense from him but I still think he can be a great addition back there.

Sergachev also has a better shot than Markov had, but who would you prefer ? Ill take the guy with the higher hockey I.Q any day of the week.

If TB wanted to trade Sergachev for Romanov straight up, you'd have to seriously consider making that swap.

Last edited by a moderator:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If TB wanted to trade Sergachev for Romanov straight up, you'd have to seriously consider making that swap.

I'd let Timmins and his staff make the call. They get paid to project players' future. Neither Sergachev nor Romanov today are what they will be in the future.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine

I saw him at the WJC, his sound plays sounded pro to my ears. I think he'll find success in the NHL, he doesn't rush the puck that much nor try crazy things, but he's mobile and always well positionned; and, very intelligent of the ice, and always feeding his forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad