Alexander Burmistrov

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The risk of this route is that another team may be hesitant to take him on without having a full season under their system. If he struggles to grasp their system and doesn't have a lot of time to learn it, there is a serious option for him to jump to the KHL again.

So what is the risk of that? There is no risk. If no one takes him you send him to the Moose and try to teach him to play effectively against weaker opposition. He is not contributing enough for the roster spot he occupies. Even if we can get him back to the way he was 3 years ago he is of some value.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Thats one of the problems with the Jets this year is that players who are not producing stay on the team. I thought they were past this stage when James Wright couldnt make the cut anymore.
Even previous bottom 6 guys like Stapleton, Glass, Slater would exceed 5 goals but thats a thing of the past. Even Antropov would get double or triple the points of this bottom 6.

Too much dead weight in the bottom 6 including Burmi, Copp, and Lowry. Its all on Chevy but will be well worth it if we get a high lottery pick.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Checking in to see what the legions of Burmistrov fanboys have to say about Burmistrov now? Was naturally wondering because a very select few of us here had been trying to point out to this board for several years that he isn't an NHL-caliber player.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Checking in to see what the legions of Burmistrov fanboys have to say about Burmistrov now? Was naturally wondering because a very select few of us here had been trying to point out to this board for several years that he isn't an NHL-caliber player.

[mod]

That doesn't speak well for those "select few" because he clearly was until this season and if it comes down to "being a NHL calibre player", he still is. Is he a good and useful NHL calibre player? Right now, he's not. No. Is he still a NHL calibre player? For sure he is.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I've been disappointed in the Burmi return. He just looks too tentative without possession. I don't mind him on the 4th line, but really couldn't care if they let him go for a late pick at this point.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I've been disappointed in the Burmi return. He just looks too tentative without possession. I don't mind him on the 4th line, but really couldn't care if they let him go for a late pick at this point.

If you could get something decent for Burmi I'd be all over moving him. I Just don't see a lot of teams having interest in him.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
His timing and rhythm seem way off this year. Some of the habits he picked up in the KHL are clearly not working here and he is getting exposed. There are some exceptions to the rule, but you see a lot of players adjusting to the NHL game.

It would have been unrealistic to expect Burmi to immediately adjust and impress; the real key here will be his attitude and openness to change and direction. If he allows that to happen within himself and comes from a place of humility, he will do okay. Because I do believe he has the talent and speed to be pretty good in the league.

It is no doubt a frustrating year for him. The good news is I feel Paul Maurice is the right type of coach to help a guy like Burmi do those mental adjustments. Time will tell, though.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012

[mod]

His NHLe had him as a 2nd/3rd liner! :laugh:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
So now because he actually is kinda bad, it means two years ago he wasn't a legit NHLer? Do people honestly not read what they type. That is backwards. :laugh:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

[mod]

i9if4.jpg

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
To be honest, I never thought Burmistrov was very good. I think perhaps some people see that he's a high pick and expect more for him. But i never did see him as a top 6 or top 9 for that matter talent. I think you can say he's a bust at this time and i'd move him in a second for pretty much a 4th round pick even.

I think what he brings is easily replaceable.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
To be honest, I never thought Burmistrov was very good. I think perhaps some people see that he's a high pick and expect more for him. But i never did see him as a top 6 or top 9 for that matter talent. I think you can say he's a bust at this time and i'd move him in a second for pretty much a 4th round pick even.

I think what he brings is easily replaceable.

This season probably ended any value Burmi had. You probably could have gotten something for him prior to the season when his contract seemed like a good deal. Now he is just about a throw away.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
He probably needs more development time in the K .... Say a decade or so

Some time in the A would be ideal for the guy until he learns how to hockey, but it would suck to a lose a guy to waivers. The biggest problem having the guy right now is that he's plugging up a roster spot if he isn't gone by next year. We could have Connor, Lemieux or Petan playing in his spot. I couldn't see any of those guys being a step down from Burmi.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'd miss Burmi about the same I missed him the first time, which was not at all. I agree with those mentioning that his trade value was likely highest before he ever stepped back on an NHL rink, but because it was expected he was going to adequately fill some relatively big shoes, that wasn't in the cards.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Yeah to pretend they are one and the same is just wrong.

What this thread shows is that 'fanboys' are actually people who can evaluate performance of the player with objectivity.

"No fair! Why do you have to use reasoning to point out the issue with my logic!" ;)

It's like the opposite when Pavelec posts a short spurt of good save percentage, individuals will come and try to use that as evidence that he was always good.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Of course the difference being that Adam Lowry appears to actually understand the NHL game and where to be at certain points in time during the play, while Burmistrov appears to have zero clue. Lowry is also much more likely in my own view to still be playing in the NHL in a few years, while Burmistrov... probably not.

Lowry probably holds trade value for example; Burmistrov???????? Doubt it (other than as a throw-in).

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
As long as Stuart is around, I don't have much time to focus my attention and negative energies on Burmistrov. That said, he's been a tire fire upon his return. Most disappointing.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
"No fair! Why do you have to use reasoning to point out the issue with my logic!" ;)

It's like the opposite when Pavelec posts a short spurt of good save percentage, individuals will come and try to use that as evidence that he was always good.

Actually that comparison isn't quite apt, as with Pavelec it's more likely to be randomness than change and with Burmistrov it is more likely change.

Well... I guess it still applies if you take my opposite not just in being good->bad / bad->good and also being variance vs change in player.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He was the highest drafted Russian that year, ahead of Tarasenko and Kutsnetzov right?

Imagine thAt.

Burmi is a mystery.
The most talented player with the WORST results.
All that dangle for nothing.
He seems good at possession but actually isn't.
He has NO shot to speak of (which is why I think he never shoots).

I think he checks pretty well and can be a 4th line plug and is being paid the right amount to do that.

I expect Lowry and Copp to get better... I'm not sure Burmi can?
Trade him to the Sabres... his best NHL moments were with Kane :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad