Speculation: Alex Wennberg scratched for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So now we can add TRI's to UBIs and LBI's as non-specific ailments that keep players out of the lineup

Reactions: CanuckCity

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Because the Avs need a legit top 6 Centre not another borderline 3C guy.

Because our management will shove him straight into the #2 centre role which is not adequate for a team with contending aspirations. If we thought he would just be a depth forward we'd be fine with it. He'd be a great fit in a depth role for many other clubs.

It’s not like there are a bunch of “legit 2C’s” floating out there available for trade and gauging the general consensus, I don’t think there’s much of a taste for dealing Ritchie+1st for a 2C that is going to need an expensive 8 year type extension in the near future.

I’d wager the cost to rent Wennberg wouldn’t rule out chasing other improvements.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It’s not like there are a bunch of “legit 2C’s” floating out there available for trade and gauging the general consensus, I don’t think there’s much of a taste for dealing Ritchie+1st for a 2C that is going to need an expensive 8 year type extension in the near future.

I’d wager the cost to rent Wennberg wouldn’t rule out chasing other improvements.
Avs are already up against the cap. Unless Seattle is taking back Johanson there's not much space left.

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
He will be an underrated pickup for somebody. I know topping the Kraken in ice time isn’t a big prize but he’s utilized in all phases and does a lot of stuff that won’t show up in the score sheet.

He’s definitely not an ideal #2 center but as a middle six bolster - he’d be nice.

Not sure why Avs fans consistently roll their eyes at guys who would significantly upgrade the tragic forward depth on the team.
Because they are all in a competition to be as miserable as possible.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I’m actually going to guess to Boston.

They have Zacha out and need help at center. I’m also going to get DeBrusk will be involved in this deal(close cap hit to Wennberg). Seattle will need to add to Wennberg to get it done probably.

Reactions: wintersej

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Almost touched 60pts then this happened

Kinda concussed permanently, still a decent bottom 6 I guess.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'm betting to the NYR.

Goodrow+2nd+4th for Wennberg with $1mil retained.
So the Rangers dump a corpse that is still owed over $3.6 million per year for three years AFTER this year and force the Kraken to retain on Wennberg and all they get back is a 2nd and a 4th?

Zero chance that happens. The Goodrow contract is obscenely bad. Hell, the Avs would counter with RyJo who makes just a slight bit more and is up after only one more year plus picks if that's the price.

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
Detroit.

Larkin is down for a couple critical weeks and yzerman loves him some middle 6c. He's already got Compher, Copp, and veleno. What's one more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad