Rumor: Alex Pietrangelo possibly being shopped

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Normally i'd just dismiss this because of his trade protection...but it's Vegas. So them shopping him sounds entirely on brand. Got their Stanley Cup out of him, time to move on to a shiny new toy of some sort. Like Marner or whatever.

Theodore seemed like the more likely piece to move on from though, given his UFA status not that far down the line and likely looking at a noticeable raise. But he's a lot cheaper right now and Pietrangelo isn't getting any younger either.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I know it’s going away soon but does anyone bother looking at Capfriendly? Full NMC for the duration of the contract. They can’t do anything unless he wants out.

Reactions: HabsQC

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Noodles mentions this on TSN's insider from a couple days ago. Vegas could possibly be looking to move Alex. Makes sense, he would get a fairly large return. Which teams do you think would be interested in and what are your offers?
Pietrangelo would be a cap dump trade. Theodore is the player they can get a nice return for. It’s been speculated for months now, one of the two will likely have to go this summer…

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The Vegas way ship out guys to make room for shiny new toys. Zero loyalty in that organization and one day it’s gonna bite them in the ass.
There will be guys who may be hesitant to sign with them in the future, but on a broader scope outside of specific individuals, not sure if that'll actually be the case. I don't think there will ever be a large contingent of players who are like, "nope"

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I heard him talking about him being shopped on overdrive and it seemed like he was speculating off of the rumors of vegas shopping a d, mike johnson came on and questioned it and he pretty much backed off

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Pietrangelo would be a cap dump trade. Theodore is the player they can get a nice return for. It’s been speculated for months now, one of the two will likely have to go this summer…

I don’t know if it’d be a cap dump, as he was pretty good still in the cup season, but yea I don’t think they’d get much after a down year at his age.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The Vegas way ship out guys to make room for shiny new toys. Zero loyalty in that organization and one day it’s gonna bite them in the ass.
Not imo, the rich get richer and will continue to do so. They do it in large part from having the leverage because there's always a line up of players looking to play in a hot market like Vegas. They know it and players know it.

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2