Alex Ovechkin vs Patrick Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If you take all of Kane's best accolates - so trophies, best peak season, 2nd best peak season, best playoff, 2nd best playoffs - and then you double it - I still don't think he surpasses Ovechkin.

Reactions: barbu

Overrated

Jan 16, 2018
Ovi is better overall but I've always liked Kane better. On a bigger rink he would shine, he absolutely dominated those WCs.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Pre 2018 you could probably gain some specious support for Kane, but Ovi as a Cup champion and Conn Smythe winner takes this comparison every single day

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
If you take all of Kane's best accolates - so trophies, best peak season, 2nd best peak season, best playoff, 2nd best playoffs - and then you double it - I still don't think he surpasses Ovechkin.
Kane with
2x2016 season
2x2017 season

2x2010
2x2015
playoff run

Not sure, talking about a 5 stanley cup, 2 smythe, 2 large gap win Ross, 2 hart/pearson, 5 cup ultra Hawks dynasty would push him quite up there.

For it to be a question too, answer the thread.

Reactions: buffalowing88

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
Kane with
2x2016 season
2x2017 season

2x2010
2x2015
playoff run

Not sure, talking about a 5 stanley cup, 2 smythe, 2 large gap win Ross, 2 hart/pearson, 5 cup ultra Hawks dynasty would push him quite up there.

For it to be a question too, answer the thread.
whats your answer?

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Kane is basically what the harshest Ovechkin dissenters say/think he is.

Despite having fantastic puck skills and very good playmaking ability, the guy simply doesn't make the kind of impact overall you would expect from a big star in the NHL. He obviously doesn't do much defensively, and for whatever reason his impact on goal differential (at ES) isn't that impressive for a player of his stature. You can be a mediocre defensive player and still dominate goal shares. I don't know if the issue is that his style of play doesn't translate to skewing the score that much. Kane certainly isn't a favorite of advanced stats people.

Kane simply doesn't approach the type of impact Ovechkin made in his best years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad